Reports of Locker Room Dissension

I don’t think the defense is getting better. Receivers were wide open in the middle of the field routinely against UF, continual problems getting lined up correctly, blown coverages, etc. JG has clearly regressed. Seems like JJ is the only legit target, but maybe that’s more on JJ. Most clearly though, our record has regressed. On field preparedness and intensity has regressed.
I disagree on JG. I don’t think he has regressed. He has always struggled with reading defenses. He has always held the ball to long. He has always sulked if he didn’t get his way. It’s just the last two years, everyone blames the Oline. This year, people are beginning to realize.

Someday these 18 to 22 year old young men are going to have families and their children will ask and find out their daddy played on the worst UT team in history with the worst record in history.....so, my question is how they going to explain themselves?????

Someday these 18 to 22 year old young men are going to have families and their children will ask and find out their daddy played on the worst UT team in history with the worst record in history.....so, my question is how they going to explain themselves?????

Oh it’s not any of their faults. They are just little kids that don’t know how to do the simplest of things. It’s all their coaches fault. Poor little guys.

Reactions: OL SMOKEY
Didn’t say I was. But firing Pruitt this year would sink us even further. Regardless of what some fans want to believe.
Only in money, and that the admins fault for signing a stupid contract on an unproven coach that noone else wanted. If you hire a good coach, things could turn around real quick.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
Only in money, and that the admins fault for signing a stupid contract on an unproven coach that noone else wanted. If you hire a good coach, things could turn around real quick.

Yes, and that same bunch that has been doing this for 10 plus years is so adept at this process.

You are so blind to believe it would only cost us money.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I disagree on JG. I don’t think he has regressed. He has always struggled with reading defenses. He has always held the ball to long. He has always sulked if he didn’t get his way. It’s just the last two years, everyone blames the Oline. This year, people are beginning to realize.

It took him 8 games to throw 2 pics last year. He threw 3 in the first 2 games this year. He’s regressed

Reactions: CA_Vol
I am wondering if the players are unhappy about the coach and quit on him would that give the powers to be the reason to fire JP with cause?

Yes, and that same bunch that has been doing this for 10 plus years is so adept at this process.

You are so blind to believe it would only cost us money.
Meh, Alabama when through coaches at a rapid rate...if Tennessee was dedicated to winning football they could turn it around, they are not. So stick with a coach that isnt good and fire him after 4 losing seasons.....hey, atleast we always have the preseason huh, we are the champs of that.

Reactions: tnvols72
Meh, Alabama when through coaches at a rapid rate...if Tennessee was dedicated to winning football they could turn it around, they are not. So stick with a coach that isnt good and fire him after 4 losing seasons.....hey, atleast we always have the preseason huh, we are the champs of that.

Deflection. Appropriate.

''UT's quarterback situation has increased tensions''. Interesting
To translate: the offensive players, especially the receivers know JG is the biggest problem and want a change at QB. Tired of busting there humps to get open for a QB that can't see them and throw them ball. Calloway and Jennings are playing for a shot in the NFL and they can't even get a decent ball thrown to them.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I am wondering if the players are unhappy about the coach and quit on him would that give the powers to be the reason to fire JP with cause?

No , you cant fire someone just because players dont like them. The coach has to do something really bad to fire with cause. hurting feelings isnt one of them

UT is not committed to winning , Greed has taken over and that is why they are in the shape that they are in.

Reactions: volfannbama
Let's go back to 2017 and remind ourselves that Jauan Jennings was kicked off the team for being angry about losing and venting about it. Yes, some have said "there's more to the story", but there's also less to it. The fact that very few players seemed to care about the struggles in 2017 (with guys like Jennings and Bituli being the exceptions) said a lot about the attitude of the team.

I don't think Butch ever dug too deep when recruiting players. He took a bunch of athletic prospects and hoped some of them worked out. This was a methodology that worked pretty well back in the 1970s when you could recruit 85 players in a single class (as Johnny Majors did at Pitt). Not so much in this era of 25 recruits. You can't have a 30% success rate in 2019 like you could in 1972. And it's worse today than it was in 2013 and 2014 when Butch took 30+ recruits in those first few classes.

Pruitt is ahead of the curve on this and Butch was behind it. Butch built a team of guys with athletic talent and sometimes they were great (Dobbs, Barnett, Kamara) and sometimes they completely lacked inner drive. Pruitt has been looking for guys with passion and determination who play hard. It's a culture clash. Albeit, there are some of the Butch recruits that fit into the Pruitt culture (Jennings, Bituli, D-Taylor, a few others), but you can definitely see a difference on the field.

Though, let's just be honest ... the QB situation was bound to cause controversy. We win that BYU game if JG plays like an average QB. We don't win Florida without a great QB, but we also don't get blown out by 31 points; that should've been a much closer game. Meanwhile, on the other sideline, say what you will about the Shark-Humper (i.e. Jim McElwain), but his staff found the #124 rated QB in the 2016 class and he looks like one of the best QBs in the SEC right now. Butch found a bunch of paper 4 stars that don't look so great when you dig beneath the surface.

I don't know if Pruitt will get it done or not, but I think people are deluding themselves if they think he was dealt great cards these first 2 years.
Don't forget Botch's genius days at Central Michigan when he told a young JJ Watt that he would never make it as a DE and would play only OT. Watt transferred to Wisconsin and we know the rest. Botch also told Trevor Lawrence, who was all in on being a Vol, that his QB skill set didn't fit at UT.

JP lost to Ga State. That was really bad. Based on that game alone I got off the JP bandwagon. The lack of leadership (coach) and player development was what stood out to me.

Blue font?
Absolutely

I’m honestly worried just how bad things could get at this point.

I think UAB might be our only shot at a win the rest of the season. It’s truly sad to say but I can’t see us winning a single conference game.

I don’t know if Pruitt is the man long term but I’m pretty sure he’s in way over his head right now.

Don't forget Botch's genius days at Central Michigan when he told a young JJ Watt that he would never make it as a DE and would play only OT. Watt transferred to Wisconsin and we know the rest. Botch also told Trevor Lawrence, who was all in on being a Vol, that his QB skill set didn't fit at UT.

He didn't realize that Sunshine would bite him in the backside twice did he?

Its not a deflection, it means there isnt anything else to talk about. I can see pruitt isn't a good coach right now, it will take you a little longer to see it. Nothing wrong with that, your faith in him is noble.

I dont necessarily have faith in him as much as I have faith that firing him now is a bigger disaster than keeping him.

Read. Comprehend.

Reactions: vols40

VN Store

Back