Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all really need to dig your panties out of your cooters. For so many years this past week has been the norm and really any quality SEC win has been an outlier. This year’s players and coaches have flipped that script in ways we could have only dreamed of. Last game just goes to show you can’t flip on cruise control in the SEC. All evidence up to now points to the guys bouncing back and obliterating Vandy. I don’t care who we roll out there.
Sir, I am going to need some assistance with digging said panties out my cooter. My BVS has returned and continues to prevent the removal of said panties. Is there a recovery program that you can point me towards?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
A lot of major universities don't have a men's soccer team due to Title IX and that leaves a lot of the male players without a viable avenue to play after high school. Even the schools that do have men's soccer don't give full scholarships to play like other sports most of the time because schollys have to be equal between men and women and most of the men's goes to football and basketball.
As someone who walked on in college, they also recruit alot of Europeans so the opportunity lessens even more.

Reactions: DarthVol1
Oh yeah? Who are the girls playing? Should be an instant classic.
very-nice-wow.gif

WAIT.......... Does anyone have info on injuries heading into Saturday?? Are Bru and Ced hurt and not playing? I thought the only two that most likely will not play are of course Hooker and then maybe Turnage??
Said Tillman sort of tweaked his ankle again but he's likely sitting out to get ready for the draft as well.

Sir, I am going to need some assistance with digging said panties out my cooter. My BVS has returned and continues to prevent the removal of said panties. Is there a recovery program that you can point me towards?

To free you of this curse you must bury 1 Kiffin visor, 1 pair of Dooley’s orange pants and seal them up Brick by brick on the anniversary of Schiano Sunday aight?

Reminds me of Dooley's Vols letting UK beat them. I thought that game meant something more than a loss and I think this one does, too.
Lol nothing about this team reminds me of a Dooley coached team. One bad loss and the sky is falling around here.

And not to make excuses but if the locker room stuff is true, it makes sense that the team would be off.

this still stinks

Nah. The pass coverage calls and lack of blitzes with press man coverage was obvious. If he feels better saying that - fine. Whatever gets him through the day. I just want all of them including Tim Banks and Willie Martinez to get their business done Saturday.

No more excuses. That was all time bad and they had a huge incentive to play at their best in Columbia.

The best tonic for handling Saturday's game with Vandy is to just go ahead and prepare yourself for the very real possibility that Tennessee comes out flat, Milton is overthrowing receivers, and Vandy plays like it's the Super Bowl and we lose by multiple touchdowns. Go ahead and soak in that thought and prepare yourself to witness it, emotionally/physically, etc.

If the end result is better than that, be excited and thank the coaches - because that will be different response than what we've seen the past ~15 years.

WAIT.......... Does anyone have info on injuries heading into Saturday?? Are Bru and Ced hurt and not playing? I thought the only two that most likely will not play are of course Hooker and then maybe Turnage??

I'm expecting lots of injury announcements in the hours leading up to the game, personally. Brace yourself!

Nah. The pass coverage calls and lack of blitzes with press man coverage was obvious. If he feels better saying that - fine. Whatever gets him through the day. I just want all of them including Tim Banks and Willie Martinez to get their business done Saturday.

No more excuses. That was all time bad and they had a huge incentive to play at their best in Columbia.

The culture has changed to something positive. It’s not yet a championship culture. You don’t lay an egg like that with that championship culture. Hope we get there. But that’s not something that is easily changed.

That being said, still a fantastic season with a fun team to watch. Played above expectations, ended some important streaks. A lot of good in this season. Really need it to end on a high note.

The best tonic for handling Saturday's game with Vandy is to just go ahead and prepare yourself for the very real possibility that Tennessee comes out flat, Milton is overthrowing receivers, and Vandy plays like it's the Super Bowl and we lose by multiple touchdowns. Go ahead and soak in that thought and prepare yourself to witness it, emotionally/physically, etc.

If the end result is better than that, be excited and thank the coaches - because that will be different response than what we've seen the past ~15 years.

Yep about to find out how much everyone is bought in

Milton has a BIG JOB this weekend. The playoff hopes up and vanished like a fart’n the wind. Ced and other draft-eligible NFL-quality players may opt out because that’s the world we live in. What if Darnell sits? Baron? Young?

I’m worried. Tase me and wake me up Sunday morning.

Not a chance. I’m going into it believing the team is pissed about their embarrassment last week and drag Vandy. They are not good. We are and should win by multiple touchdowns. End on a high note.

I find it weird that we get through 80% of our schedule and play significantly above our “talent level”, and then all of a sudden we have a cultural or underlying issue that pops up when we play SC and Vandy.

I could be completely wrong but it makes more logical sense to me that we thought we were good enough to beat SC without trying and our teams head got too big.

We don't, it was simply a case of a team that's not good enough (us) to out talent anyone and we weren't focused.

It'll happen in every sport, most of the top 5 that played Saturday did the same thing. The difference is Ohio State had enough talent they could still beat Maryland, Michigan still had enough talent to survive it against Illinois, Georgia was able to survive Kentucky while sleep walking.

Us and Ole Miss though, our talent gap against the teams we faced isn't big enough we can just sleep walk and still survive.

We will never have a great national team until soccer quits being a rich person sport, imo.
Would help, but we are improving ever so slightly over time.

Iirc we've beaten Mexico like 3 times in a row and have won a couple of CONCACAF tournies. It's not the WC, but it's progress.

But I do agree our developmental system isn't the best and is the biggest thing holding us back.

Reactions: volbeast33
Neither was Mitchell at the beginning of the year. New status, “unavailable.” Which really means rampant rumors and speculation. This is NIL times and putting protecting their “image” over truth.
Do we, as fans, really need to know the truth, if it does not involve criminal activity?

If it took Hooker getting hurt to ignite the team after the product they put on the field last time out, then that shows exactly how far we are away from being a championship program.

Honestly this year was fool's gold in the regard of being a championship program.

It's still just year 2 and we're still just 19th in talent roster. Just 2 years ago we were 3-7 and firing our 3rd HC of the decade to hire our 4th while also firing our 3rd AD in the same window to hire our 4th.

This year just showcases what a great offense in scheme and play calling can do for you when you execute it at a high level (which we did in most our games).

Last edited:
Milton has a BIG JOB this weekend. The playoff hopes up and vanished like a fart’n the wind. Ced and other draft-eligible NFL-quality players may opt out because that’s the world we live in. What if Darnell sits? Baron? Young?

I’m worried. Tase me and wake me up Sunday morning.
We are still going to WTFA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back