Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wake up angry everyday.
I wake up with nightmares every night since. Today is the first day I have been able to let myself come back on here. This loss hurt worse than all those losses of the past 10 years, but only because the thought of what could have been. It feels like a breakup you didn’t see coming.

I am hopeful that we have a great transfer portal year and I also look at how teams grow into greatness and very rarely do teams become a champion overnight (like I though we were doing). All in all the hope for the future feels real for once and not just blind optimism like in the past.

It’s a bit concerning that they didn’t learn that they weren’t invincible after Georgia. But it appears they’ve learned it now. It’s maddening to hear, but they seem to be owning up to it.

Still don’t know if they’ve learned it. How they respond now will speak to where we sit. Will they play pissed off or go through the motions?

Probably just her. I highly doubt if has to do with her state. Just her and her circle. She's young and often that means she hasn't been exposed to much outside of her family and home town.
Or, if she really doesn't know the word, she's probably heard it but it never registered. Kinda like the Mayans seeing the European ships off the coast. 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: UTProf
Btw, it also feels like the team began getting distracted when everyone started getting these big NIL deals and constantly named as leaders of end of the year awards. Our team hasn’t had to deal with any of these distractions like the UGA, Alabama’s, and Ohio States. Those teams have dealt with personal and team success, and we clearly had no idea how to handle the success.

If they don’t get their sht together and beat Vandy by a lot some serious underlying issues are going on.
I just wanna win and get to 10 but yeah, if we drag or get beat it’s gonna be really deflating and I think alarm bells are gonna start ringing. As @LA Vol said, last week was comparable to Dooley’s UK loss. Losing to Vandy makes it a two-fer.

I just wanna win and get to 10 but yeah, if we drag or get beat it’s gonna be really deflating and I think alarm bells are gonna start ringing. As @LA Vol said, last week was comparable to Dooley’s UK loss. Losing to Vandy makes it a two-fer.
At this point I’m expecting to lose this weekend.

Players have to play. I'm guessing the coaches didn't tell them to go out there and wait for South Carolina to roll over.

If you want to burn down Knoxville, fire all the coaches, and restart the 5 year rebuild while pining for Super Coach - godspeed. I'm done with that stuff personally - it hasn't worked for the past 15 years and I doubt it works going forward. Invest in the coaches we have, give them space to grow and learn, and bring some stability to the program. That's the ticket to glory. I submit the 1980s and 90s as evidence in support of my position.
So, is any criticism of the defensive coaches warranted? I just don’t get the continued zero sum mentality of so many Vol fans. You either blindly drink the koolaid, or you want the entire staff fired? Really? You can’t possibly have another option, which is that we love the improvement on offense, but we can see that defense is humongous liability and that staff changes on that side of the ball should at least be on the table?

I’m with you. This is pathetic. Coaches and players should be embarrassed. Some middle school bs. Don’t think I’ve ever been this mad at the Vols. Inexcusable display of pee wee football the other night.
Still mad, we were so close to making the playoffs and stop being a laughingstock across CFB in year 2. One pathetic loss in embarrassing fashion and we are right back there. Have to blow out Vandy and end strong in the bowl game to overcome this disaster.

I find it weird that we get through 80% of our schedule and play significantly above our “talent level”, and then all of a sudden we have a cultural or underlying issue that pops up when we play SC and Vandy.

I could be completely wrong but it makes more logical sense to me that we thought we were good enough to beat SC without trying and our teams head got too big.

That was the moment I turned to my girlfriend and said “let’s go.”

But honestly, I left for my own sake rather than out of anger. I had just gotten back from the bathroom minutes prior, and a few other Vols were in there. Some frat boy douche was screaming “Ayy look all the pussy ass ****** Vol fans crying and masturbating.”

I really didn’t want my 8 month pregnant fiancé having to bail me out of Richland county jail.
I was at the game too. I've never experienced so many fans talking trash. (I'll add they were all young) And stupid stuff at that.

Reactions: gordonr24
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back