Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to Tim Banks made Beamer and Satterfield look like offensive geniuses. He made Rattler look like what Will Levis was supposed to be. And that angers me. Like Incredible Hulk level angers me. And that makes me want to fire Tim Banks because he really, really pissed me off.

I know I take football too seriously, but I don't know how to stop.
Same. Banks has to go. 100%.

This is just recency bias. Jeremy Pruitt’s team gave up 30+ points six times in 2020 in a 10 game season. That was with Taylor and Bryce Thompson, two who were rated better than anyone we have now. We’ve given up 30+ three times in 11 games. That’s also with opposing offenses who get the ball more now because of our great offense.

Remember GSU? Remember the end of BYU? Remember the end of 2018 when Mizzou and Vandy put up 50 and 38? Apparently not. Just face it, the recruiting the last 3 years in the secondary has been awful. Pruitt did not do well on the way out, and we lost Lawrence. I’ve seen it all- we are 9-2 and people think Pruitt did a better job at something.
And I also said Pruitt sucked as a DC. I've got receipts.

I think an unfortunate situation, bad timing and mounting frustration led to swift judgment. I doubt anyone thought UT was in jeopardy of losing that game... and I think blaming a blowout loss on the absence of one player is overlooking the failure to execute on dozens of plays by dozens of guys-- starters, backups and coaches. One player's off-the-field issues didn't cause the team's on-the-field issues; it's two separate problems.

So the defense didn’t “send Heupel a message” by killing our playoff chances like they’re some Illuminati chapter of Knoxville 😂

So the defense didn’t “send Heupel a message” by killing our playoff chances like they’re some Illuminati chapter of Knoxville 😂

Seems a waste of some good conspiracy theories, doesn't it? An SEC team that overlooks another SEC team can get their dreams crushed on any given Saturday. Still can't believe this Vols team would let that happen, but here we are.

That’s part of learning to win in the big time as a program. Something this program has not done in a looooooong time

It’s a bit concerning that they didn’t learn that they weren’t invincible after Georgia. But it appears they’ve learned it now. It’s maddening to hear, but they seem to be owning up to it.

I went to bed when SCjr went up 49 - 31 in the 3rd. Best decision I've made all year regarding Tennessee football. The only thing I'm gonna say about the game is that they went to Columbia thinking SCjr was going to lay down. This game is %100 on the coaches.

I put it on the players

Our fanbase loves a good conspiracy of locker room drama! I think those have followed every embarrassing loss I've seen, going back to that 2011 Kentucky game (also an all-time "shocker" at the time...).

He shares my first name. I'll see if I can get any info at the next Gavin meeting.
I was wondering, were you guys able to give Gavin MacLeod a proper memorial sendoff last year, what with the pandemic and all?

Also, always wondered if you made Darren McGavin an honorary member.

Reactions: drvenner
For the Vandy game my concern is how Milton will play. If plays like Hooker then we roll. I think the coaching staff and players will look to make a statement. If Milton plays like he did in 2021 we struggle. I still think the staff overlooked USCjr and learned the lesson.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back