Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milton has a BIG JOB this weekend. The playoff hopes up and vanished like a fart’n the wind. Ced and other draft-eligible NFL-quality players may opt out because that’s the world we live in. What if Darnell sits? Baron? Young?

I’m worried. Tase me and wake me up Sunday morning.
who is thinking of opting out? Where did that come from?

Reactions: franklinpence
He is not creative, or at least he hasn't been to this point...at all.
What's crazy is midseason we were doing stunts and things I hadn't seen in years. Then all of a sudden, no more, just running right into the OL with no moves or anything to make them think. Don't get it.

Exactly 2 years ago today....we were all discussing our 5th straight loss and when Jeremy Pruitt would get fired and if Phil Fulmer would survive the debacle of hiring the gump.
"Started from the Bottom" is the theme song of this journey so far with Hype. We may not be THERE yet, but by god have we came a hellll of a long way from 3-7 to top 10. Hey, we were even #1 for a whole week. What en effin ride 🤩

FANVOTE: Which semifinalist should win the Biletnikoff Award in 2022? « Biletnikoff Award

After the USCjr debacle, Jalin Hyatt's lead is shrinking in the Biletnikoff voting. The Washington dude fell off the map and now it's Nathaniel Dell of Houston nipping at Jalin's heels.

View attachment 516835

Please remember if you see this after your vote:
View attachment 516836

Your vote didn't count and you will have to clear your browser's cookies to vote again.

MOAR STEAM!

1669140391006.png

Reminds me of Dooley's Vols letting UK beat them. I thought that game meant something more than a loss and I think this one does, too.
I understand this line of thinking to an extent but in a lot of ways we’ve accomplished more in this one season than we have combined post Fulmer. A bad loss does not mean everything is crashing and burning. The two situations are not the same in that aspect. Unless you know more that you just aren’t sharing then I really see no reason to compare anything in the Dooley era to the Heupel era. I believe Heupel has more wins in 1.9 seasons than Dooley did in his entire time here. Comments like this have potential to lead to a lot of speculation about what you mean considering the power your posts have on this board.

Milton has a BIG JOB this weekend. The playoff hopes up and vanished like a fart’n the wind. Ced and other draft-eligible NFL-quality players may opt out because that’s the world we live in. What if Darnell sits? Baron? Young?

I’m worried. Tase me and wake me up Sunday morning.

I don't expect that for Vandy, but will expect it for the bowl game. Although I still don't think Tyler Baron has done enough to get himself drafted.

Tennessee's last 11-2 season was the great Vols team of 2001.

21 years ago.

Think about how old you were when that happened for some perspective on what this team still has the opportunity to achieve.

I was at Tennessee in grad school. That's how long ago that was! I keep telling my girls this is the best team we've had since I was in school.
...I remember being shocked by that loss to LSU in the SEC championship game in every bit the same way we were shocked by Saturday. Honestly maybe more shocked back then, because that team had Alabama-level talent and I wasn't conditioned to expecting mediocrity. The Hobbnail Boot game sucked as well - I was there, and stunned.

Our recognition of the WR route tree and our anticipation are abysmal. There is only so much a coach can do with that. That is a player commitment and priority. That is a focus. Some of it may also be just natural ability to process information quickly. Some people are obvious better at that than others. It's what they mean when they talk about the ability to play fast. Our entire secondary has shown very little ability to do those things AND they do not have great speed or quickness on top of that.
I get that coaches are limited in what/how much they can affect the play of the players in their charge. The absence of improvement in that area compared to the rest of the team is palpable, though. I can't be convinced that the defensive secondary is the only group on the team wholly unaffected by coaching, and results of which are primarily dependent on talent and physical ability. Coaches might not be able to drastically improve physical skill and ability, but they have to be able to improve the ability to process information, influence the amount of time spent working on technique and film study, knowing your opponents tendencies. Certainly there is a level of self-discipline, there, as well.

It just looks so bad for the rest of the team to show such vast improvement and the secondary to be so bad.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
What's crazy is midseason we were doing stunts and things I hadn't seen in years. Then all of a sudden, no more, just running right into the OL with no moves or anything to make them think. Don't get it.
Blew my mind how vanilla the d played, especially when we were backed into a corner this late in the year. SC's OL is not good, their top 2 rbs were out. I can't imagine the thought process going into the decision to play so reserved. When they started clicking on offense, we should've gone man/safety zone and started stunting and blitzing the piss out of them with a CB blitz or 2. They should've had to earn ever pass they threw.

"It was a walloping, a bucket of ice-cold water," Carlos Cuera, 26, said of the 2-1 loss to Saudi Arabia. He was still seated in front of a cafe television where fans decked out in their team's white and blue colours gathered from before 7:00 am for the breakfast match in the Argentine capital.

"Nobody expected this. We thought the first three matches would be an easy victory, and now it has become more complicated," he said, adding the loss had ramped up pressure ahead of Saturday's duel with Mexico.

'A bucket of ice water': Argentina cries after World Cup walloping | Sport

Sounds familiar!

Vandy is our Mexico!

Think we need to stop manufacturing distractions like Checker Vandy and LR drama and focus on winning the next game. The team folded under pressure last week and is heading into another high-stakes game without key players. Time to come together and direct all the energy on one thing: beating Vandy decisively.[/QUOTE]
I agree with the bold.
But the rest. Nah. We can talk about checkering Vandy and LR roomers all we want and it shouldn’t have any effect on the teams performing.
I don’t think the team folded under pressure last week, I don’t think they felt any. They thought they had an automatic win and thought all they had to do was show up.
SC came to play to win, UT thought it was supposed to be gimmie.

I understand this line of thinking to an extent but in a lot of ways we’ve accomplished more in this one season than we have combined post Fulmer. A bad loss does not mean everything is crashing and burning. The two situations are not the same in that aspect. Unless you know more that you just aren’t sharing then I really see no reason to compare anything in the Dooley era to the Heupel era. I believe Heupel has more wins in 1.9 seasons than Dooley did in his entire time here. Comments like this have potential to lead to a lot of speculation about what you mean considering the power your posts have on this board.

5-6 going into that Kentucky game and they lost by 3...for sure not a similar situation at all.

A good majority of this team is part of the "worst season" in history for the Vols (3-7). And now they can be on a 10 win team potentially playing in a NY6 bowl game...after getting absolutely humbled on the road to a team that had they beaten would have put them going into the Vandy game as a favorite to make the CFP.

I just don't think the team wants to let this season implode like that...not with it being the last one for quite a few of them. I hope I'm not wrong, but I feel like there is too much pride in this team to just fold and lay down for freaking Vanderbilt.

Tennessee's last 11-2 season was the great Vols team of 2001.

21 years ago.

Think about how old you were when that happened for some perspective on what this team still has the opportunity to achieve.
I honestly don’t think this team cares anywhere near as much as the fans about stuff like that. The game the other night proves it.

Blew my mind how vanilla the d played, especially when we were backed into a corner this late in the year. SC's OL is not good, their top 2 rbs were out. I can't imagine the thought process going into the decision to play so reserved. When they started clicking on offense, we should've gone man/safety zone and started stunting and blitzing the piss out of them with a CB blitz or 2. They should've had to earn ever pass they threw.

One thing I'm certain of from Banks is that he's always willing to try and let offenses make mistakes rather than go out and force them to make them.

South Carolina simply didn't make any and Rattlecan played lights out. It helped their ****** field slowed down our offense and it helped their trash OL was able to hold the entire night. But ultimately Banks' philosophy of sitting back and trying to wait for them to make a mistake backfired in a huge way.

I honestly don’t think this team cares anywhere near as much as the fans about stuff like that. The game the other night proves it.

Sadly I think that's true...18-22 year olds in a "me, me, me" world. NIL, transfer portal, and social media has only made it worse. At best they'll invest 4 or 5 years into UT and fans have put in decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back