Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to get the whole city bought in to winning at all costs like they did in t town and athens. KPD, boosters and the Knoxville media haven’t been on board for a long time
Exactly...add in the UT administration not caring as much about winning in big time sports and wanting to be Woke Nerd U.

View attachment 453316

Much as I hated it at the time, Jack Morris pitching a 10 inning, 1-0 shutout to beat the Braves in Game 7 of the 1991 World Series is the best pitched game I've ever seen, given the circumstances and all the pressure surrounding that game.
It was a beautifully pitched and defended game by both teams...you just had to tip your hat to Morris. That was one of the most..imo the most..clutch pitching performances of all time.

Baseball is a weird game. Seems like every other at bat we hit a shot that just dies at the track this series. 5-10 more feet on just a few of those and we win both games by 5 runs or more. What Tennessee has done isn’t normal for baseball, and you absolutely shouldn’t come to expect it. 40+ win seasons with at least a super regional appearance will be the expectation here, sure. But this? Just asinine. We’ve been spoiled, but this is what baseball is really like. All that matters is who’s hot in June. We’ll be fine. And still by far and away the favorite for the CWS.
I don't understand our idiot fans...asinine is the perfect word.

Baseball is a weird game. Seems like every other at bat we hit a shot that just dies at the track this series. 5-10 more feet on just a few of those and we win both games by 5 runs or more. What Tennessee has done isn’t normal for baseball, and you absolutely shouldn’t come to expect it. 40+ win seasons with at least a super regional appearance will be the expectation here, sure. But this? Just asinine. We’ve been spoiled, but this is what baseball is really like. All that matters is who’s hot in June. We’ll be fine. And still by far and away the favorite for the CWS.
Also...this is my concern with getting to Rosenblatt, if we get to Rosenblatt...you have to be able to manufacture runs when the ball isn't flying out.

They really don't understand baseball.
You really do remind me of Abe Simpson...

source.gif

It was a beautifully pitched and defended game by both teams...you just had to tip your hat to Morris. That was one of the most..imo the most..clutch pitching performances of all time.
True classic greatness that it was, Morris owes Knoblach with that fake relay. Otis Nixon doesn’t fall for that like he did for the nose candy. He was on pace for a Vince Coleman/Ricky Henderson basestealing season. Lonnie Smith did everything else well that postseason…just not the base running. 😔

I can’t figure out how to link it, but BBC has a fantastic 6 minute video on a time when a US bomber accidentally dropped two atomic bombs in North Carolina

It’s worth the search. We were really close to having a bad time

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I can’t figure out how to link it, but BBC has a fantastic 6 minute video on a time when a US bomber accidentally dropped two atomic bombs in North Carolina

It didn’t accidentally drop them, the aircraft crashed. Not as close a call as the media would like to make it seem… trust me 😉

Somewhere off the coast of Tybee Island in Georgia is a nuclear bomb that has never been found.

1958 Tybee Island mid-air collision - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back