Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
its good. Lipcius is still something like 2 for his last 20 probably. TV keeps moving him around the lineup and I am sure he trying to find a spot that will work for him
Even with the slump….. he still has a .454 OB% and a 1.044 OPS while playing a good first base…… Gonna be extremely hard to replace that kind of production.

Also...this is my concern with getting to Rosenblatt, if we get to Rosenblatt...you have to be able to manufacture runs when the ball isn't flying out.
We are not going to change how we play….. Last years World Series saw the winning team score 8,13,and 9 runs…. There were also several homeruns hit….. Peopke get enamored with the homeruns but don’t realize how good our OB% is (.421) or the fact that we have hit 257 singles….. we are from a homerun or bust type of team.

We are not going to change how we play….. Last years World Series saw the winning team score 8,13,and 9 runs…. There were also several homeruns hit….. Peopke get enamored with the homeruns but don’t realize how good our OB% is (.421) or the fact that we have hit 257 singles….. we are from a homerun or bust type of team.
In my mind, I think the goal is to be able to do both. It's akin to the basketball team. They lived and died by the 3 ball. We had no presence in the paint and no one that could get his own shot when we needed a big bucket. You have an off night and you go home. Teams that can do more than just the 3 ball had a much better chance of cutting the nets down. Same for baseball. In a tight game with superb pitching, you have to be able to scratch out runs in other ways. Being able to hit behind a runner, move a guy over with a bunt, sac fly, etc. That's the way baseball used to be played, and I don't see them as being mutually exclusive. Being able to play small ball as they call it, is a necessary tool to have in the box if we want to make and have a real shot at winning at Omaha.

I’ve watched this so many times with my kids this morning. Love the end of the call. “Oh my goodness!! The longest shot has won the Kentucky Derby!!”
The greater thing about that call is the horse’s name was not even mentioned until probably the 1/8 pole, maybe later. He literally came out of nowhere with a full head of steam and tired horses on the front end. I watched it again this morning and only followed that horse, and to see the traffic he had navigate in order to get there, is crazy. Also, you could see coming around the final turn that the jockey had some horse. He had to check him a couple of times due to traffic, but he was making up ground around the final turn.

!!!!!! ATTENTION !!!!!!

It has been brought to our attention that the owner of this account (one of our "special" clients) has been using this account more than his allotted 15 minutes a day time limit. We have been adjusting his "SKITTLES" and hope to have the situation remedied quickly. We the "STAFF" would like to apologize for any undue duress caused or misrepresentation of this "Special Facility"over the past few days.

Please take a moment to look at the photo on the left, this is his real picture......his R E A L picture. He has "issues" as we all know to put it bluntly, he is several bales shy of a trailer load. Please understand he means well but just isn't real bright.

Thank You

The greater thing about that call is the horse’s name was not even mentioned until probably the 1/8 pole, maybe later. He literally came out of nowhere with a full head of steam and tired horses on the front end. I watched it again this morning and only followed that horse, and to see the traffic he had navigate in order to get there, is crazy. Also, you could see coming around the final turn that the jockey had some horse. He had to check him a couple of times due to traffic, but he was making up ground around the final turn.

Yeah. The traffic they had to get through was intense. Amazing there wasn't an accident.

In my mind, I think the goal is to be able to do both. It's akin to the basketball team. They lived and died by the 3 ball. We had no presence in the paint and no one that could get his own shot when we needed a big bucket. You have an off night and you go home. Teams that can do more than just the 3 ball had a much better chance of cutting the nets down. Same for baseball. In a tight game with superb pitching, you have to be able to scratch out runs in other ways. Being able to hit behind a runner, move a guy over with a bunt, sac fly, etc. That's the way baseball used to be played, and I don't see them as being mutually exclusive. Being able to play small ball as they call it, is a necessary tool to have in the box if we want to make and have a real shot at winning at Omaha.
I agree with Ulysses that I miss the old style of baseball a lot but I coach travel baseball and work with my son a lot…. I am constantly studying and learning bc I love baseball so much…. We sac bunt some(rarely) and sac flys are always in play….. The rest we will never try….. Analytics has shown that you score more runs if eliminate trying to manufacture runs from the equation…. It found that you are basically given up an out to try and get one run and that out is more valuable…. How may times has our fans wanted us to manufacture a run when we end acoring 8 runs the last three innings…. How many tubs would we have cost ourselves in those innings if we had given up outs?

Someone described an inside-out swing yesterday which is not taught anymore….They teach players to allow outside pitches to travel a little farther and drive the ball into the right center gap…. An ideal swing hits the ball from gap to gap.

Basketball analytics has taught us that thee pointers…. Layups/dunks….. free throws is how you win games…. We struggled on the last two measures of analytics.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

im-better-than-7f54f3b205.jpg

As a kid growing up I was a big fan of the triple crown races, mostly probably because Dad made race Saturday a big thing at our house. I was a junior in HS when Secretariat broke a 25 year drought since the last triple crown winner.

Anyway, I’ve watch and rewatched Rich Strike’s amazing come from behind (I mean like 12 or 13 places back heading into the stretch) win yesterday and it really looks to me like the jockey just ran an incredibly smart race. Many of the horses seemed to be going wide around the last turn but Rich Strike took a shortcut to the inside and had enough juice left to overtake the leaders.

Rich Strike was an 80-1 long shot. Why should you care about that? Well, right now according to Vegas Insider as of April 27th, Hendon Hooker is a 80-1 long shot to win the Heisman in 2022. I’m just flagging this in case anyone else here wants to get their bets down.

True classic greatness that it was, Morris owes Knoblach with that fake relay. Otis Nixon doesn’t fall for that like he did for the nose candy. He was on pace for a Vince Coleman/Ricky Henderson basestealing season. Lonnie Smith did everything else well that postseason…just not the base running. 😔
That is also true.

Even with the slump….. he still has a .454 OB% and a 1.044 OPS while playing a good first base…… Gonna be extremely hard to replace that kind of production.
He ain't producing much of anything besides huge numbers of men LOB. He has been a massive rally killer for a while. I hope he works through his slump and gets it over with before the postseason.

It's baseball...it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back