Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys and gals, my fellow Vol Faithful, I know some aren’t too thrilled about this hire. I get it, I truly do, but now is not the time to be negative. We are all one big, disorganized, ORANGE bleeding family that stretches across the GLOBE. We need to all be here for JH.

I truly believe that he can do great things here. He is a innovative, offensive mind that I don’t think we have had here since Cut, maybe Lane but that was short lived.

JH has developed some really good QBs and other offensive players and has put several in the league.

I think if we give him a chance and hopefully he puts together a great staff, who knows what he can do. Either way, he’s OUR coach. Period.

So please, get behind him and our boys, cause we need all of you.

Good days are coming VOL FAMILY.

Several voices on ESPN (Pollack and Aaron Murray in particular) didn't have good things to say about Pruitt when he was hired. We wrote it off as sour grapes or a personal beef, but they were 100% right.
I don't remember that at all. Everyone I saw on ESPN said nothing but great things about the hire.

If we hire the right defensive staff, Heupel has a really good chance to be an absolute stud hire. His offense has already been proven to work in the SEC at a ridiculously high level.

Blows my mind how some people say ‘yeah it’ll work at Mizzou but not Tennessee’...it’s literally the same conference lmao.

I love that he is going to call plays. Pruitt should've never gave up defensive play calling duties. I don't buy the 'We need a CEO' angle. Hire a coach. Let him do what he's best at. If he's a special play caller you let him call plays. Head Coaches at every level do it.
That was part of Pruitt’s undoing along with JG. He lost an edge when he stopped calling the whole defense

Moving the ball and scoring points has never been an issue for Heupel. His defenses got progressively worse, while at UCF. He has to make a good hire for a DC, if he has to have any luck here.

I do believe our offense takes a big leap next year. Pieces are in place for Heupel’s system.

We really haven't had an emotionally mature laid back coach since Fulmer/cutcliffe. This could be good-- Butch was screaming till you thought he'd pop a vein on the field, Dooley made fun of his players all the time, Pruitt kicking stuff and jerking helmets. Andy Reid, Cutcliffe types are beloved by their players. At least this is something new.

But a lot of people are all about/only know sec guys though...since that's our arena. I'll trust these UCF cats until they give me reason not to. Pruitt brought a bunch of known SEC coaches in here and went 3-7. Go get the best coaches, not just known names in the conference.

Yea my post was more about not liking it on paper than In reality. I doubt a higher profile named DC will want to work with this offensive style. They know they can’t rack up resume building stats

Reactions: crazyguy
Now they have you.

25a1a66b2b46520390443c4112f6e988.300x225x54.gif

Guys and gals, my fellow Vol Faithful, I know some aren’t too thrilled about this hire. I get it, I truly do, but now is not the time to be negative. We are all one big, disorganized, ORANGE bleeding family that stretches across the GLOBE. We need to all be here for JH.

I truly believe that he can do great things here. He is a innovative, offensive mind that I don’t think we have had here since Cut, maybe Lane but that was short lived.

JH has developed some really good QBs and other offensive players and has put several in the league.

I think if we give him a chance and hopefully he puts together a great staff, who knows what he can do. Either way, he’s OUR coach. Period.

So please, get behind him and our boys, cause we need all of you.

Good days are coming VOL FAMILY.
I'm not a fan of the hire but I will give the guy a chance. If I can get on board with giving him a chance then I dont see why others cant. I'm literally probably the most negative poster here. I legit might be ignored by the most people. I should get an award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back