Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got me when he said he couldn't wait to run through the T and hear "Rocky Top" playing, and it gave him goose bumps thinking about it. Kiffin tried to make us USC, and Pruitt tried to make us AL.

He not only has some awareness but he’s experienced the crowd at Neyland. Get us to the experience of the crowd against OU in 2015!

Reactions: MwB and SweetasSoda
Is there smoke coming out of Finebaum's wings? He never says anything positive about TN
Unlike the Fordes and Wolkens of the world, I think that Pawwwl would actually like to say something nice about Tennessee, but we just never give him reasons to. Forde and Wolken would continue to s**t on the program even if we won a national championship.

Booger McFarland is on Finebaum talking about how good of a hire this is. Saying we got everything we wanted.

YES!
When has the national media ever said any coaching hire was bad?

I'm not that down on JH, but it's hilarious to me how the media says every single coaching hire, no matter what, is a good hire, and no one holds them accountable for their "expert" opinions turn out to be wrong.

Reactions: kw3953 and PA Vol
When has the national media ever said any coaching hire was bad?

I'm not that down on JH, but it's hilarious to me how the media says every single coaching hire, no matter what, is a good hire, and no one holds them accountable for their "expert" opinions turn out to be wrong.
Several voices on ESPN (Pollack and Aaron Murray in particular) didn't have good things to say about Pruitt when he was hired. We wrote it off as sour grapes or a personal beef, but they were 100% right.

He has been negative about it... per usual
giphy.gif

Most of not only Heupel's but also Frost's successes as coaches has to do with McKenzie Milton. Those guys' records with Milton is awesome; without him it is kind of pedestrian.

Bailey or Salter turning into a star (not just a good player, but a star) I think is a requirement for Heupel to be successful here.
But Heupel has developed people everywhere he’s been.

Sam Bradford
Landry Jones
Jordan Love
Drew Locke
McKenzie Milton
Dillon Gabriel

It’s not a fluke that Milton was good.

But Heupel has developed people everywhere he’s been.

Sam Bradford
Landry Jones
Jordan Love
Drew Locke
McKenzie Milton
Dillon Gabriel

It’s not a fluke that Milton was good.
Oh, I'm not suggesting that it was a fluke. What I am saying though is that he has to develop an elite QB here. Not just a pretty good one, but a great one. Better than Josh Dobbs-level. If he doesn't, he'll be gone in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back