Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the big question that may never be answered is, who kept sending JG onto the field? Staff or Pruitt
My guess is Pruitt. I think Stoerner Fumbles mentioned an anecdote where Chaney tried to install some plays for Maurer, and when they ran them at practice Pruitt's reaction was something like "What is this stuff? You won't see that in the game."

Assuming that it was Pruitt, I'm not sure we'll ever know why he kept running him out there. It was insane, literally insane, to keep playing him after those INTs in the Kentucky game.

Lots of questions. I wonder where Dylan Brooks stands? Does he still want out of his NLI? Is Big Kat still gonna transfer to UT? Do we have any shot of getting back in with Tywone Malone? I know, probably not. Where do Roc Taylor and Andison Coby stand as far as signing next week? Are there any other high school players out there, unsigned, that JH thinks could help this team? We still have so much building to do.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
He had two 8 wins seasons and three bowls as HC at Arizona, which isn’t easy. But I don’t think he was a great DC at OU when he returned to help his brother.
Yeah we are talking about him as DC, aren’t we? Somebody earlier said that JH kinda took the fall for him there

My guess is Pruitt. I think Stoerner Fumbles mentioned an anecdote where Chaney tried to install some plays for Maurer, and when they ran them at practice Pruitt's reaction was something like "What is this stuff? You won't see that in the game."

Assuming that it was Pruitt, I'm not sure we'll ever know why he kept running him out there. It was insane, literally insane, to keep playing him after those INTs in the Kentucky game.
Cost him his job, imo.

Two things:

I don’t want anyone remaining on this staff especially back stabbing Steele. Clean house and get your guys. It’s on you Josh.

And second, if Josh is calling offensive plays that is great but it makes it even more important to find a great DC. He will be way too busy with offense to manage the defense.
Agree except for Graham. Keep Graham. Also, Osovet interviews at UCF and Heupel apparently likes him so it’s possible he stays too

Ok. I know I said I was signing off earlier, but I had actual recruiting related questions and what better place than the braintrust in here. I've heard it said that rebuilds are actually a little easier because of the portal and the new transfer rules, so:

- Portal transfers count against the 25, correct?
- Do we have any transfer targets that stand out at the moment?
- Is there a deadline for transfers other than the class registration deadlines for the schools?
- What is the general consensus as far as taking kids? I know that in the old days it was seen as risky to depend too much on JC kids versus HS, but would we be better off bringing in some experienced guys for depth at the expense of the future? What is the balance?
- How would our approach change on transfers with schools restrictions?

Just some questions I had as I was looking at our defensive roster and thinking about what it may look like 2 years from now. Any input would be appreciated and I am really out of here this time.

Lots of questions. I wonder where Dylan Brooks stands? Does he still want out of his NLI? Is Big Kat still gonna transfer to UT? Do we have any shot of getting back in with Tywone Malone? I know, probably not. Where do Roc Taylor and Andison Coby stand as far as signing next week? Are there any other high school players out there, unsigned, that JH thinks could help this team? We still have so much building to do.
Coby is happy, I saw a tweet from him earlier

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Most of not only Heupel's but also Frost's successes as coaches has to do with McKenzie Milton. Those guys' records with Milton is awesome; without him it is kind of pedestrian.

Bailey or Salter turning into a star (not just a good player, but a star) I think is a requirement for Heupel to be successful here.
I think the kid there from Hawaii has done well

I'm only 33 and got to see a natty, but Fulmer has damn near ruined his legacy with me. I could care less if that dude EVER shows his face again at this University. Him and Pruitt left a huge crater in our program, he walked away with millions and then just set another million on fire for Steele. I will die on this hill. What an egotistical piece of poo.

Let's go score some points!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back