Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If CJH starts 6-1 2022 recruiting could be a great foundation builder.

TENNESSEE'S 2021 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Sept. 4: vs. Bowling Green (Knoxville)
Sept. 11: vs. Pittsburgh (Knoxville)
Sept. 18: vs. Tennessee Tech (Knoxville)
Sept. 25: at Florida (Gainesville, Fla.)
Oct. 2: at Missouri (Columbia, Mo.)
Oct. 9: vs. South Carolina (Knoxville)
Oct. 16: vs. Ole Miss (Knoxville)
I think 5-2 is realistic...I think Ole Miss takes us to the woodshed

For what reason? Lol

Lebby is the only sexy hire I think that’s out there that would move the needle on that side of the ball. I don’t think we get him

on defense I don’t think a name DC will want to work with this offense Because they will know they can’t build resume flattering stays.

for the record I am not saying this dooms JH

We really need to focus our recruiting efforts into elite, dynamic WRs. That's the key to this offense. Heupel is going to run a lot of iso routes and give his guys 1 on 1 chances to make plays. Because of a lot of the quick throws, RPOs, etc it's imperative to have WRs who can stretch the field.

The offense is predicated on wide splits with a lot of quick throws. To keep defenses honest, you have to throw deep so they don't just play press man all over the field. You need WRs who can do that well. The run game opens up by removing a lot of the ancillary help of the CBs and safeties.

Thank ya for the kind words. I will always bring what I can to the forum. I just didn’t want to get involved in all the “Rumors” cause that does nothing but stoke the “Negative Fuel”, and that’s not what we need rite now.
What is your honest opinion about our trajectory, recruiting, and current roster?

Guys and gals, my fellow Vol Faithful, I know some aren’t too thrilled about this hire. I get it, I truly do, but now is not the time to be negative. We are all one big, disorganized, ORANGE bleeding family that stretches across the GLOBE. We need to all be here for JH.

I truly believe that he can do great things here. He is a innovative, offensive mind that I don’t think we have had here since Cut, maybe Lane but that was short lived.

JH has developed some really good QBs and other offensive players and has put several in the league.

I think if we give him a chance and hopefully he puts together a great staff, who knows what he can do. Either way, he’s OUR coach. Period.

So please, get behind him and our boys, cause we need all of you.

Good days are coming VOL FAMILY.
Coaches come and go. I'm always behind the team.

Dang. Is this a DW thing? People saying it is in Memphis too. A 247 poster said he received a recorded voicemail from CJH asking for everyone to renew tickets, yada yada and it was actually pretty good.

Bruce 2.0? Maybe a bit much, but sounds like we are back to selling this place. I like it. Be confident and get yourself out there. Pruitt hid and was a mystery. Then got pissed at fans when the Spring game wasn't sold out 🙄

Why? Because Barnes has lost a few games this year? Lol everyone is acting like we win a natty every year in basketball.

Took smart 8 years to get where Barnes got us in 3.
What? Barnes was hired at Tennessee in 2015 and Smart was hired at Texas in 2015. Your math may be a little fuzzy :):):)

Dang. Is this a DW thing? People saying it is in Memphis too. A 247 poster said he received a recorded voicemail from CJH asking for everyone to renew tickets, yada yada and it was actually pretty good.

Bruce 2.0? Maybe a bit much, but sounds like we are back to selling this place. I like it. Be confident and get yourself out there. Pruitt hid and was a mystery. Then got pissed at fans when the Spring game wasn't sold out 🙄
My parents got that voicemail, I haven’t gotten one yet.

Anyone else's inner 5th grader keep wanting to pronounce his name with a long "u" instead of "i"? Maybe its just me bc I wasn't overly familiar with him til now...

What is your honest opinion about our trajectory, recruiting, and current roster?

It’s gonna be touchy, to be honest. I think JH will put us in a position to score points, cause he has a proven track record of doing so. We have some good, young talent on offense. The Oline will be revamped and that’s the biggest question on offense. Hopefully, maybe we get a Transfer or two to help.

The biggest question for me isn’t offense, it’s Defense. He has to bring in some quality defensive coaches and they need to work with what we have now.

He has to get a staff quickly. Period. We have some talent in TN this year and we need them. Period.

83AtGW.gif
Awesome! Love the Family Guy version even more.

Reactions: Sevierville vol
Late to the party but even though this isn't the splash everyone wanted I actually like this hire. A proven winner, consensus ALL American playing at Oklahoma, a great offensive coordinator that puts up points, and has Head Coaching experience. You can't say he hasn't been a winner everywhere he has played/coached. I've never seen his offence quit or not go for the jugular. A great QB developer is something we haven't had since Cutcliff left. He would have yanked JG in a heartbeat years ago. Get him a good DC and some recruiters an we may be surprised. GBO!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back