Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalVolunteer

Guys and gals, my fellow Vol Faithful, I know some aren’t too thrilled about this hire. I get it, I truly do, but now is not the time to be negative. We are all one big, disorganized, ORANGE bleeding family that stretches across the GLOBE. We need to all be here for JH.

I truly believe that he can do great things here. He is a innovative, offensive mind that I don’t think we have had here since Cut, maybe Lane but that was short lived.

JH has developed some really good QBs and other offensive players and has put several in the league.

I think if we give him a chance and hopefully he puts together a great staff, who knows what he can do. Either way, he’s OUR coach. Period.

So please, get behind him and our boys, cause we need all of you.

Good days are coming VOL FAMILY.

ATC_VOL

amazingGRACE

If we hire the right defensive staff, Heupel has a really good chance to be an absolute stud hire. His offense has already been proven to work in the SEC at a ridiculously high level.

Blows my mind how some people say ‘yeah it’ll work at Mizzou but not Tennessee’...it’s literally the same conference lmao.

Ace

aka, Hoss
I love that he is going to call plays. Pruitt should've never gave up defensive play calling duties. I don't buy the 'We need a CEO' angle. Hire a coach. Let him do what he's best at. If he's a special play caller you let him call plays. Head Coaches at every level do it.
That was part of Pruitt’s undoing along with JG. He lost an edge when he stopped calling the whole defense

JCP201

VFL GIRL, better or worse--been worse for a while.
We really haven't had an emotionally mature laid back coach since Fulmer/cutcliffe. This could be good-- Butch was screaming till you thought he'd pop a vein on the field, Dooley made fun of his players all the time, Pruitt kicking stuff and jerking helmets. Andy Reid, Cutcliffe types are beloved by their players. At least this is something new.

BruinVol

But a lot of people are all about/only know sec guys though...since that's our arena. I'll trust these UCF cats until they give me reason not to. Pruitt brought a bunch of known SEC coaches in here and went 3-7. Go get the best coaches, not just known names in the conference.
Yea my post was more about not liking it on paper than In reality. I doubt a higher profile named DC will want to work with this offensive style. They know they can’t rack up resume building stats

DustyRockSolid

Guys and gals, my fellow Vol Faithful, I know some aren’t too thrilled about this hire. I get it, I truly do, but now is not the time to be negative. We are all one big, disorganized, ORANGE bleeding family that stretches across the GLOBE. We need to all be here for JH.

I truly believe that he can do great things here. He is a innovative, offensive mind that I don’t think we have had here since Cut, maybe Lane but that was short lived.

JH has developed some really good QBs and other offensive players and has put several in the league.

I think if we give him a chance and hopefully he puts together a great staff, who knows what he can do. Either way, he’s OUR coach. Period.

So please, get behind him and our boys, cause we need all of you.

Good days are coming VOL FAMILY.
I'm not a fan of the hire but I will give the guy a chance. If I can get on board with giving him a chance then I dont see why others cant. I'm literally probably the most negative poster here. I legit might be ignored by the most people. I should get an award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Sponsors