Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with the ability to score we'll win the ooc games

I think with what I feel is a better QB (and HC for QBs) we've got an edge over USC, Mizzou, Kentucky, Vandy

Ole Miss is a 50/50 to me, probably more of a 60/40 to them at this point without seeing what we'll look like yet. The good news is by the time we get to Ole Miss we'll have played 6 games already.

So probably going to hope for 6 wins and a bowl, I feel a little more optimistic but will try to remain realistic without evening seeing the staff hires yet.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Go undefeated in the OOC portion: This roster can beat Bowling Green, Pitt, TN Tech, and S. Alabama. This coach and roster had better beat the 2 teams in the SEC East with new head coaches too, Vandy and S. Carolina. 6 wins is the basement, perhaps 5 if we believe Pitt is in a better spot overall. Could this team beat Mizzou and Kentucky? Yep. Could they stun Ole Miss? Possibly. This roster and this coach aren't beating Bama, Florida, and Georgia next year. Win 6, take the bowl ban, and go win 8 or 9 in year 2.

I never said Tee or Jay should've been HC. Nor have I referenced them complaining, though they might be. Why shouldn't they complain if they feel like it? Everybody else does, and they've actually had skin in the game.
It just feels like that's what Tee was expecting. And he really shouldn't complain about not feeling loved everytime he comes back this fan base has welcomed him with open arms. Its also the nature of the business Tee knew that when he got in... a new coach shouldn't be forced to keep someone he doesn't want on his staff.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
We could have fired Pruitt for performance, paid his buyout and conducted a professional search while quietly handling the investigation internally. The job was more desirable in early Dec than it is now. Experienced HCs understand a school firing for poor performance and self-reporting violations. Every program does that, and it wouldn't cause second-guessing by guys open to the job.

We'd already have a new HC , our staff would be in place, our roster wouldn't be nearly as decimated, the NCAA wouldn't be sniffing around and the program wouldn't be under a microscope. We'd be rebuilding from a better place.

UT didn't need a coverup. We could have investigated the initial allegations with UT compliance and in-house counsel, self-reported and self-imposed. That's what UT generally does and it's what most schools do. With their backlog, the NCAA would have gotten around to us in 2-3 years, and by then it would be in the rearview mirror.
The investigation was leaked. Changes the narrative.

I mean to me Tee is an Andy Kelly, a bit higher imo since he got us a Natty.

But Tee as a QB isn't on the same page as Peyton Manning or even Casey Clausen. And unfortunately for Tee when he did finally return to coach here it wasn't the right horse to hitch his wagon to. I truly think he should stepdown to a G5 as the OC and/or HC and just wait for his opportunity.
Andy Kelly is my all time favorite TN QB because he was my 1st favorite TN football player. Peyton Manning was really good but I've held it against him for not beating florida. (That's between me and him though.) I also didn't like the way Majors got done in 1992, so I've always held that against Fulmer.

Today, DW handed JH a #27 jersey and it didn't have WILSON on the back, so both of those dudes are now on my short list. Al Wilson is my all time favorite VFL and I credit him and the 1998 defense more for the Championship than I do Tee Martin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back