Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's also note this: the QB is the most important piece and we have 3 really good QB's on this roster. One might even be special. Get Ty Simpson and keep that ball rolling. Then who knows, maybe he lands Arch? If this offense is doing what it's capable of, maybe Uncle Peyton helps us out

Get behind this program...everyone. Stop bickering. Stop second guessing.
We have a bad ass AD...I mean one of the most impressive guys I have EVER been around. He is getting this right I promise you that.

And another thing...this stuff about whales and authority to offer this and that to two whales is BS. DW has been given a damn centurion card to hire whoever he wishes at whatever cost he sees fit....i have said it 100 times but some folks just can’t understand. Money is not and will not be an issue moving forward with this program.

Bump.

Reactions: PA Vol
Let's also note this: the QB is the most important piece and we have 3 really good QB's on this roster. One might even be special. Get Ty Simpson and keep that ball rolling. Then who knows, maybe he lands Arch? If this offense is doing what it's capable of, maybe Uncle Peyton helps us out
I think this is a key point - if he finds a QB out of the 3 that he loves he will win. QB play makes up for a lot of ugly.

Every little thing, is gonna be alright. I don't know if Heupel is going to win championships. I also don't know that he won't. I do know that he will score a lot of points and this team will be fun to watch. I also know that he's a better coach than Jeremy Pruitt, Butch Jones, and Jeremy Pruitt.
You can say Jeremy again!

I have been a lurker for quite a while here. I read everyday, but have no insight to post.

I feel like we would all be ok with this hire had the administration tailored the expectations. The slam dunk hiring of DW paired with the big time talk ruined us. It made us think we were swinging for the fences. Maybe they did and failed. Who knows. However, JH is not bad at all. We have all been bitching about offense for a while. As long as the defensive hires are good, we might come out of this smelling like a rose. A **** covered rose, but still a rose.

Look on the bright side. Coaching searches have been the most fun I have had with UT football in 15 years. Maybe we get to do it again in couple.
What a good post. Spot on.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Tennessee was on its death bed, Phillip Fulmer absolutely buried the university with his decision to bring Pruitt in. Without the sanctions UT probably could have gotten a bite from a bigger fish. If we have limited scholarships, I have little hope this coach can survive in the Southeastern Conference, it has chewed up and spit out better coaches with no restrictions.

Reactions: Lofton/Durant4 3
I hate to break it to you but Your money means virtually the same.
Maybe to them, but to me it means something. I'm not going to get on a message board complaining if I'm not willing to back it up in the real world. Haven't attended a game in 3 years was giving my tix to friends and family.

I have been a lurker for quite a while here. I read everyday, but have no insight to post.

I feel like we would all be ok with this hire had the administration tailored the expectations. The slam dunk hiring of DW paired with the big time talk ruined us. It made us think we were swinging for the fences. Maybe they did and failed. Who knows. However, JH is not bad at all. We have all been bitching about offense for a while. As long as the defensive hires are good, we might come out of this smelling like a rose. A **** covered rose, but still a rose.

Look on the bright side. Coaching searches have been the most fun I have had with UT football in 15 years. Maybe we get to do it again in couple.

To be fair, the big time talk did not come directly from UT but from 'boosters' manipulating our emotions once again to harness the energy of this fanbase to get their way. A lot of us don't want to admit how far UT has truly fallen but all signs from Plowman and White is there is finally a significant culture change we can only hope gets this program back on the path to greatness.

For all you Dr. Seuss fans:

When a hobbled Heupel hops it’s called a hobbly heupel hop.
And when a hobbled Heupel hypes it’s called a hobbly Heupel hype.
And when a hobbled Heupel hypes with a hop it’s called a hobbly Heupel hype hop
And when a hobbled Heupel hypes with a holler and a hop it’s called a hobbly Heupel holler hyping hop.

I apologize to none of you.

How does randy Boyd and Plowman sit there with a straight face and except this.

tenor.gif

Reactions: BleedorangeinGA
A major what? You and people like you may be okay with mediocrity and being a loser in life but I am not.

Pruitt should have been fired after A&M but not because of the violations. Should have agreed upon a buyout behind scenes and went their separate ways. It was beyond obvious he couldn't get the job done and had immense issues with people in compliance and academia.

Now we have to settle for someone instead of being able to pick from a more esteemed crop. You can @me all you want I won't respond seeing as how the best retort you can come up with is ******(
No one worth a damn wanted to work for Fulmer...... That's the part of the equation that many of you are missing. Fulmer was a legend here, but the qualities that prevented him from righting the ship as head coach were the same issues that prevented him from hiring a competent coach. He was toxic, he had to go. Now we can begin to move forward, it's going to take time, at best this guy turns out to be a solid hire, at worst he's a bridge to a better coach in a more stable, less toxic program down the road.

Bottom line?

@Atlanta VOL was wrong. @LA Vol was right. Plowman bit off way more than she could chew and she choked. We were better off leaving Pruitt one more year then firing him. That way we didn't self report to the NCAA. Then we probably could have had Freeze, Campbell, Fickell, or Fleck because we wouldn't have these incoming crippling sanctions.

We will be back here in 4 years. Enjoy the shi*show.

We could have fired Pruitt for performance, paid his buyout and conducted a professional search while quietly handling the investigation internally. The job was more desirable in early Dec than it is now. Experienced HCs understand a school firing for poor performance and self-reporting violations. Every program does that, and it wouldn't cause second-guessing by guys open to the job.

We'd already have a new HC , our staff would be in place, our roster wouldn't be nearly as decimated, the NCAA wouldn't be sniffing around and the program wouldn't be under a microscope. We'd be rebuilding from a better place.

UT didn't need a coverup. We could have investigated the initial allegations with UT compliance and in-house counsel, self-reported and self-imposed. That's what UT generally does and it's what most schools do. With their backlog, the NCAA would have gotten around to us in 2-3 years, and by then it would be in the rearview mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back