Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andy Kelly is my all time favorite TN QB because what 1st favorite TN football player. Peyton Manning was really good but I've held it against him for not beating florida. (That's between me and him though.) I also didn't like the way Majors got done in 1992, so I've always held that against Fulmer.

Today, DW handed JH a #27 jersey and it didn't have WILSON on the back, so both of those dudes are now on my short list. Al Wilson is my all time favorite VFL and I credit him and the 1998 defense more for the Championship than I do Tee Martin.

Have always blamed Fulmer & Chavis for our inability to beat Florida, since it predated and postdated the Peyton era. We got lucky in '98 against them, make no mistake about it. Caught them with Doug Johnson and no Fred Taylor, was the perfect storm that season.

So where are we going to get the nugs & breaking news on staff and roster? I'm so ready to get all the parts and pieces in place. So ready to get some Vol Films videos to drool over. Let's go!!

Reactions: bpvol
I want to see offense. I also want to see a good defense. Let's see who the coordinators are.

This could be a very good hire, or it could be a disappointment. Let's give the man a minute before we fire him already.

Reactions: T Dog
Am I disappointed we didn't get a bigger name hire? Of course. But I understand the reality of why, and accept that our new AD did what he thought was best for the future of the program.
JH is now our head coach. DW is our AD. We have cleaned house. We now have a fresh start with a new AD and new HC. If you are a Vol fan, you will support them until the results give you reason to do otherwise. See what the staff looks like; how the players respond; what the on field product looks like; what the results are; etc., before passing judgment. Be a fountain, not a drain.
So in that respect, I urge all Vol fans to get behind this new administration and coaching staff. They deserve No Less.
Give them a chance to succeed. Support by the fanbase will give them their best chance at success. Positivity breeds positivity. The Vol family has gone through so much the last decade and a half. But in the end, as Vol Fans, as Family, we all have to put the past behind us and reach for the future, as a Family. This new coach and his AD are 0-0.

IS there anyone out there, in their right mind, that doesnt think we have upgraded ourselves significantly at both the AD and HC positions with these hires?
NO. So lets band together as a Vol Family and support these new leaders, as Volunteers, giving our all for Tennessee.......Win EM ALL.

Now I will step down off my high horse/soapbox and attempt to put my money where my mouth is.............Go Big Orange!!!!! Turn the Page, or better yet, close that old book of Misery, and open the new book of Hope......
Climb that damned Mountain........
Nice speech, but after 15 years of believing we were gonna get it right, I don't have it in me to leap blindly anymore. Is White better than Fulmer? Probably. Did he impress me with this coaching search? Not really. Not a slight against the man. He did what he could. Given his rep, I guess I was expecting a miracle, but instead we got a Heupel. As far as JH goes, I'm gonna guess he's an upgrade on Pruitt, would be kind of hard not to be, but I need to see it to believe it. Gonna have to see better play, better player buy-in, better everything. But he's in the SEC now, as a HC, and this is a different animal than where he's been. Thing is, I desperately want to believe, but I just can't make myself do it. Been burned too many times now. Raised my hopes too many times. I really hope Heupel tears it up, and that he comes in and wins games, but if he has a hard start, it's gonna be difficult to find any positivity. And if he struggles over multiple years? Ugh. The thought depresses me. I'm all Vol. Always will be. I'll always hope for the best. But UT has firmly conditioned me to expect the worst. And I'm sure there are a lot of other fans like me. We didn't start out thinking negatively. UT has conditioned us to expect it. And honestly, I hate that I feel this way. I remember what it was like to be great.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
We need to land some big time recruits sometime soon to help with positivity. I’m having a hard time liking this hire... I want to but it just doesn’t seem very good

Maybe the one time we don’t have great expectations they will do better than we think...

I’ll probably be full on board by next week though🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back