Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We knew he was going to be the bridge between the end of Pruitt and after the sanctions were over. It’s up to him to prove he’s the guy post AA.

The offense will be fine. Let’s see what the defense staff looks like. I assume he’ll be able to get what he wants for coaches

I honestly don't know much about Huepel other than his coaching history. Took a look at his HC record and wasn't impressed. Looks to have regressed each year at UCF. Doesn't really show everything, but also doesn't really instill fun and happy feelings.

What? He has a 28-8 record as a head coach. That is nearly an .800 winning percentage. What kind of record would impress you? Undefeated?

BjycyjCCAAE88bi.png

If you simply walked into the search process with a list of names you liked, then did the vetting process, then made a decision after conversations with other coaches, then yes, he could still be the first choice while you didn't initially want to hire him.

Also if the reason is "I didn't want to do that to my previous school, I also just left" it makes sense.

Hell if I was a G5 AD taking a P5 job the first name I'd mention would be the last guy I hired, but DW was also very upfront that he didn't have a plan or list and would start his researching/vetting to identify the best candidate for the job. I think he's done that based on all factors surrounding the job.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back