Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of Kiffin vs Heupel recruiting at FAU vs UCF, respectively:

FAU '16: 89th avg-0.80
FAU '17: 60th avg-0.82 / UCF '17: 55th avg-0.83
FAU '18: 75th avg-0.83 / UCF '18: 62nd avg-0.83
FAU '19: 61st avg-0.82 / UCF '19: 60th avg-0.84
UCF '20: 75th avg-0.83

Kiffin did not sign a single 4 or 5 star recruit.
Heupel signed one 4 star recruit.

Kiffin at Ole Miss:

'19: 22nd avg-0.87 8-four stars
'20: 34th avg-0.87 4-four stars

So, let's see how Heupel recruits at Tennessee before we say he can't recruit based on what he did at UCF. Or at least not say Kiffin is a better recruiter without evidence. Location is important, and being a Tennessee will help Heupel.

I don’t know what his record will be here, but I am really excited about watching this offense

Bailey, Hooker, Salter
Evans, Small, Wright, Brown
Velus, Hyatt, Wideman, Holiday, Calloway, Merrill, Solomon, Tillman, Nixon
Beckwith, Warren, Fant, Campbell
Im in!! Cody Brown will fill Gray's position quite nicely. Kid is a stud.

That’s not the point. Nobody is gonna touch freeze especially TN with Sanctions on the way. Period.

Chadwell, this job is too much for him rite now IMHO. Too big and too much of a mess.

Fisher?? Would rather have a explosive offensive and good QB coach than a has been NFL coach that has been passed over and over
How can you say the job is too big for Chadwell and for for Jh? Interesting.

I would like to put something out there I'm hearing:

We all think Danny White hired his buddy and that it was a lazy decision - one that could have been made as soon as DW took the job.

However, I'm hearing a different story. We searched the country trying to find coaches who fit the profile we were looking for: clean with the NCAA, offensive mind with a legitimate track record in a P5 conference, and obviously, interest in this job through sanctions.

That list of coaches was very short. Elliott, Dykes, Leipold. James Franklin faked interest to use us for a raise and facility upgrades.

So, what I'm telling you is the only reason we landed on Josh Heupel was not that Danny White wanted him all along. In fact, I think it was the opposite. We turned over every rock, turned every corner, only to realize our candidate pool was very shallow. And while Heupel had reservations about taking the job, White's personal relationship with him was able to bridge the gap.
yeah...there's no way JH was 'the plan'.....it's the ultimate safe hire for DW....but no way that was choice one, and while it may never really be public just how extensive the search was or to what level any of these conversations got to, i think it's safe to say campbell, fickel, franklin, all said no/not interested....low did say leipold was contacted, no interest....not sure where dykes was? i feel confident that Elliot was probably the one it may have gotten the farthest with, before ultimately deciding to stay put....

Swain just got done with a segment on some plausible reasons why kiffin and chadwell weren't considered, just depends on how much you're willing to buy on that front, but what they were talking about at least made sense, and wasn't out of left field.

in the end, i don't think the result was what anyone was hoping for, but i do think the process of this search was sound.

and JH isn't awful. it is a TBD/wait and see....but i like the response from the players this morning, and i like the idea of a good offense....see how the staff goes, and go from there. i think he can be good....

Reactions: RiotVol
And that puts us at 6th-8th in the SEC
We’re never going to recruit in the top 5 every year. It’s not going to happen. give up that dream. Clemson doesn’t do it and look at them. A recruiting class is just as good as the coaches you have receiving them. Are bamas recruits just THAT much better than everyone else’s in the conference or the nation? No. They turn them into Fn cyborgs when they get there. That’s the difference.

I'd venture to guess a lot of people are victims of confirmation bias in here. Have you all even watched his team play? Tell me you wouldn't want to watch us sling it all over the yard like this.

[VIDEO=]

Lots of hurt emotions which is understandable. And a great deal of confirmation bias. Also a lack of reality of where the program is at and how much money can't just "get whoever you want" when looking for a coach.

UCF Classes

O’Leary

Frost

Heupel

Frost pulled in 3 top 20 classes at Nebraska after those classes at UCF. Don’t see any reason to think Heupel can’t do the same with a solid staff.

That makes his recruiting look not so bad.

O'Leary averaged the 70th best class.

Frost 58.5th

Heupel 65th

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back