Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I keep coming around to bring pissed off at Pruitt for being such a turd to work with, and Fulmer for sticking with him and playing “super coach. They put Plowman on the line to either conduct an above board investigation that could blow up the program, or sweeps it under the rug which could cost her job if exposed, therefore making her toxic as a university administrator. She did what any university admistrator would do - follow operating procedures.

Then she found the best AD she could find, and then he brought on probably the best coach he could get without any NCAA baggage.

It is what it is, y’all. Fulmer, Pruitt, and 20 years of piss poor university administration have gotten us here.

We probably should look around at each other and realize that those of us who are here, want to be here, and we should be thankful for that. Tennessee fan through thick and thin.

Last post from me for quite a while most likely...at least until I see a legit reason to be excited about our football program, which I think will be many more years down the road.

IMO, Tennessee just cost itself more money in the long run, than paying the 12 million buyout and firing Pruitt without nuking the program with severe sanctions. I thought we had it all planned out with better administration making decisions, when we hired White for AD. What a move! Then, we hire another group 5 HC to experiment running a big time program, when we could have made that same hire without handcuffing him with having to deal with severe sanctions. How stupid are we!

I’m sure Coach Heupel is a great coach, but his chances of succeeding are limited, because this will be his first taste of running a big time program, and he has to do it with his hands tied behind his back. It’s sad for him and sad for our fanbase! He would have had a much better chance to succeed without us nuking the program and hiring him.

I don’t care what the media and everyone else says. Our fanbase is the greatest fanbase of anyone in the country! We have continued to show out although the administration made decisions that were questionable at best for the last 13 years. We are this toxic because they made us this toxic, and they continue to make it worse. They made it worse yet again, as Coach Heupel has very little chance to succeed with the hand he is being dealt.

Coach, I hope you can somehow succeed, because you are in a very difficult position due to our inept administration.

AD White, thanks for taking over this mess. I hope you can somehow clean all of it up and get us back to competence within the next decade.

OG out.

Think it's optics.
Most fanbases give up if the program shows no dedication to winning. If UF or Bama fans act like us, it's expected because they're used to a certain level or entitled.
But when we show high expectations and demand whatever, people wonder "where do they get the nerve".

This. Go back and watch some Alabama games when they sucked in 03 or 04. That place was half full at kickoff. That hasn’t happened yet at Tennessee after 15 years of garbage.

No you’re clueless if you think this fan base has any power when it comes to getting coaches fired.
The FU money and FU admin are called this because that’s what they tell the fan base every time they make a move.

Lol maybe you don't remember that day. I can tell you how coaches view it, in hindsight.

You're telling me this guy is better than Freeze, Chad well, and Jeff Fisher?

Because the trajectory and lack of experience definitely doesn't reflect that.

That’s not the point. Nobody is gonna touch freeze especially TN with Sanctions on the way. Period.

Chadwell, this job is too much for him rite now IMHO. Too big and too much of a mess.

Fisher?? Would rather have a explosive offensive and good QB coach than a has been NFL coach that has been passed over and over

Maybe Danny White Will actually put in the work and get these sanctions to evaporate and not hamstring Heupel...

I know a lot of people are carrying water for DW, but the whole “it was hard” excuse doesn’t do much for me when we’re paying a guy like we’re paying him. You have to find a way to succeed in spite of the challenge. Maybe I will end up being wrong, but I don’t think this will be a success.

Having said, if he can help us navigate these NCAA issues without too much damage, that will go a long way to restoring some faith.

Reactions: engineerVOL
That’s not the point. Nobody is gonna touch freeze especially TN with Sanctions on the way. Period.

Chadwell, this job is too much for him rite now IMHO. Too big and too much of a mess.

Fisher?? Would rather have a explosive offensive and good QB coach than a has been NFL coach that has been passed over and over

Can you confirm that Tony Elliot turned us down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back