Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just need to calm down. Support Heupal if he’s the guy or don’t—-the fact is all you hear from Vol fans is this delusion that if you pay these coaches they will come. It’s pretty darn near impossible to pull a sitting coach from a P5 school. On top of that we have NCAA sanctions coming—no coach wants to sign up for that sorry.

It’ll be 2 years before anything is even heard. Even then if your gonna get fkd anyway why not put freeze at the table.

Does anyone know ER Vol from the FF? Joined in 16 and only has a few hundred messages.
In the coachery thread, they are trying to claim there is a sitting NFL guy that TN approached tonight. Said there is probably a 1% chance it happens.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Did they straight up say that in the press conference? Not trying to be smart. Serious question. I remember something being said about this not being the place to learn on the job, but I didn't catch the whole thing.
I could be misremembering, but I thought it was part of the criteria. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Reactions: Sleegro
I suspect DW now has a good, long list of leaks in AD and easily manipulated media members.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DW ends the new HC press conference with a simple lesson: ”If you don’t hear it from me...”
I believe it was AV that said he’d be making several changes in the AD. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is testing some of what you said

Seriously what is Bob Stoops doing these days? If we missed on everyone else go make him an offer he can’t refuse. Continuing to be a bottom feeder is not an option. We are still Tennessee a few good years and everyone would forget about this downturn.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I suspect DW now has a good, long list of leaks in AD and easily manipulated media members.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DW ends the new HC press conference with a simple lesson: ”If you don’t hear it from me...”
Careful with that...I remember that being Currie's tagline at the very start and we know how that story turned out.

Reactions: Johnny Majors
Yeah I don't understand the downside of Freeze at all. Cause it looks bad for the NCAA? It already looks so bad no good coach wants to come here. Except him. What a strange and cruel conundrum.

I could be misremembering, but I thought it was part of the criteria. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
Danny White never gave any criteria. Plowman said they are looking for someone with HC experience. No mention of P5.

I mean of it is P5, that would rule out Napier, Chadwell, and Fickell as well.

That would be a hell of a bar to set before you even have an AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back