Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like comparing Tennessee's talent to Vandy's tallent.

Speaking of comparing Tennessee’s talent to Vandy’s talent, Heupel hung 87 points on UT in two games at Missouri.

Attachments

• D73D6289-A9CC-4CF9-BD82-3F6A0A297CD8.png
    D73D6289-A9CC-4CF9-BD82-3F6A0A297CD8.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • F9A7760A-7608-49F7-9187-273EE5646AD0.png
    F9A7760A-7608-49F7-9187-273EE5646AD0.png
    680.9 KB · Views: 17
  • B77A2098-6872-4871-B5E3-68406149B010.png
    B77A2098-6872-4871-B5E3-68406149B010.png
    674.7 KB · Views: 15
Where did this come from?
AP
TIFWIW

It's been a crap show in here for the past 4 or 5 hours (well, more than usual). I don't believe it because AP floated Sonny Dykes name out last night about the same time as he did tonight. I won't believe anything until the man is standing at the UT podium.

Offense is gonna be much better.. DC hire is going to be HUGE... we’re about to find out if Tennessee can recruit itself.. I’ll say this again.. we need a Austin Thomas to come in and be the “GM” and oversee everything recruiting.. this can work if we can get the staff right out of the gate..

The guy doesn’t move the needle, and after watching his UCF intro, he’s going to rock us to sleep in interviews... but maybe he’ll be a rockstar on Saturdays.. who knows..

The five stages of grief are:
  1. denial
  2. anger
  3. bargaining
  4. depression
  5. acceptance
In just two short hours, I have seen so many on VN go from 1 to 5 on Heupel. I am still in between 1 and 2.
I skipped to 5. Wasted enough time on the other 4 the last 2 or 3 new guys.

People just need to calm down. Support Heupal if he’s the guy or don’t—-the fact is all you hear from Vol fans is this delusion that if you pay these coaches they will come. It’s pretty darn near impossible to pull a sitting coach from a P5 school. On top of that we have NCAA sanctions coming—no coach wants to sign up for that sorry.

They shouldn't have set criteria they couldn't meet. It's stupid, and a sign of lingering dysfunction at the highest levels. It's not even the possible hire of Heupel that angers me. It's them pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
If it's Heupel, what part of the criteria that DW set about the HC hire does he not meet?

I mean I would have loved Napier.... and High Pulls resume is pretty similar. I don't know. I'm just so underwhelmed by seeing his face and hearing him talk.

I just wanted a coach to inspire greatness in us all. AND score a bunch of TDs. 1 for 2 isn't awful. Maybe he's the kinda guy that grows on you over time. I would give him a chance.

Just wanted to be able to gloat about a great hire for once and this guy doesn't give us that at all. Why would we ever get that? Even one small victory during this **** year? Of course not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back