Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I’m a new member of the realist club am I supposed to listen to Basilio? I need the rules on this.

In my opinion, yes. I don’t know everything on Basilio but I don’t know anywhere he’s been completely wrong about something. I know he said from the jump that Gruden wasn’t coming so I tuned him out but then realized he was saving us.

In game, they mentioned Pruitt interviewed Briles but it probably wasn't a good fit based on what Tennessee wanted to do.

Well yeah, if you are adverse to advancing the ball to the endzone....
Not what I remember, but there was maybe an element of that. After the fans shut down Schiano for morals, it would've been hypocritical to turn around and hire Kendall Briles who was implicated (and directly involved) in the things that happened at Baylor.

I remember several ESPN talking heads pointing that out and being vocal about it. One of the TitleIX investigators that followed/worked the Baylor case I think said she reached out to TN leadership to discuss his involvement.

It would have been a bad look, so to avoid that they went with Helton.

Hubbs just said JG and Bailey are the only 2 QB’s who should play the rest of the year and if we have to make a coaching change next season, it probably won’t be Fulmer doing it. Also said team in dire need of an alpha.

We are gonna end up begging for the Haslams to step in and save us at the end of this season when we're 3-7.

Not what I remember, but there was maybe an element of that. After the fans shut down Schiano for morals, it would've been hypocritical to turn around and hire Kendall Briles who was implicated (and directly involved) in the things that happened at Baylor.

I remember several ESPN talking heads pointing that out and being vocal about it. One of the TitleIX investigators that followed/worked the Baylor case I think said she reached out to TN leadership to discuss his involvement.

It would have been a bad look, so to avoid that they went with Helton.
Of course, when Arkansas wants to hire Briles nobody said a thing about his involvement at Baylor.

@GojiraVol17 and @UTSuave’ when Hugh is hired

giphy.gif

If Bob_Vols on 247 is legit, then things are not good within the locker room.
it all starts with trotting a guy out at QB who makes more mistakes than every other position, and eventually holds the entire team back. He isn’t being held accountable by the coaching staff so it the fingers pointing.
That then grows into little factions on the team.

This is all classic stuff from a team who could compete if the coach has a handle on everything.
Just imagine being a DLineman and your coach gets fired at halftime, meanwhile you looking at the QB room AND NO ONE HAS GOTTEN BETTER.

Dont think anything changes even if we do go 3-7

That's what I mean. Fulmer won't do anything but as fans we will be begging for it.

In any case, I'm out if we let 3-7 ride. We are on an incredibly slippery slope to accepting permanent doormat status if we let a coach regress so badly in year 3 that he goes 3-7 stay for another season without even considering firing him. Standards in the AD and administration have to be higher. Have to be. Or else there's no hope of turning it around.

Of course, when Arkansas wants to hire Briles nobody said a thing about his involvement at Baylor.
the Briles have been made major scapegoats at Baylor.
The administration and AD made them fall on the sword.
They were given the green light to WIN by any means.
The reason why their names keeep coming up for jobs is Bc it is known that they follow orders and fall in line.

Reactions: Vols4us
I lost one of my best friends and golf partner last night. He suffered a heart attack a few days ago and didn't make through. I guess it's a sign of getting old but I've lost five of my friends in the past two years to cancer, pneumonia and heart attack. We all played golf together and had some great times. I guess I'm gonna have to start hanging around a younger crowd.
Very sorry for your loss. Prayers for all who loved him.

We could lose every game the rest of this season. Pruitt will remain coach. He will be judged next year. Fulmer tends to be more conservative in my opinion to hang onto coaches, makes me think that Pruitt will coach out his remaining 2 years.
Silly.... if he goes 2-8 that’s terrible 3-7 even. Next year will be no better. The team looks it’s quit. We have some young talent that gets wasted. We don’t have one edge rusher on the team. We won’t be any better next year we will just get the benefit of actually playing 3 cupcakes ooc. We have regressed and there is nobody on that DL that’s going to make things better as far as getting sacks.

if there's an ounce of truthfulness to that statement... I'm sick to my stomach
Take that statement with a grain of slaw of course. But I bet there is something to it. Freeze snuck into Neyland Stadium on his honeymoon ffs. He’d love to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back