Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the second half against Georgia this team has lost it's will to live.
They were flying around looking like they belonged and could play with the elite of the east.
They are going through the motions now. Don't get yourself hurt , do the bare minimum.
That is on Pruitt. He gets paid a great sum to put a team on the field that will fight.

I think he wants this to be over. It's too big and too hard. You can fire all the assistants you want . If the players won't fight for the head coach it's all for naught.

Apollo Creed would be alive if Rocky threw in the towel Phil. Forget your fighter instinct and throw it in.

I have a funny feeling that this lack of aggression is temporary, for whatever reason. I think that they will look like a different team by the time we play Auburn. GBO!

We could lose every game the rest of this season. Pruitt will remain coach. He will be judged next year. Fulmer tends to be more conservative in my opinion to hang onto coaches, makes me think that Pruitt will coach out his remaining 2 years.

Dude...Someone from VN will coach for free and be more competent at the job.

We could lose every game the rest of this season. Pruitt will remain coach. He will be judged next year. Fulmer tends to be more conservative in my opinion to hang onto coaches, makes me think that Pruitt will coach out his remaining 2 years.
It’s not Fulmer’s choice. The boosters could force his hand

Fulmer is a damn fool if he doesn't judge Pruitt this year. How does that even make sense? I don't care what the circumstances are. No decision, no game, and especially no SEASON are above heavy scrutiny, especially when it's concerning the football program you're in charge of and supposedly love.

But he sucks. 2 years too late.

Yep, peoplee are kidding themselves if they believe any established coach is coming here. This job isn't top 30, we think way too much of this program for obvious reasons. I urge everyone to take a step back and look at this objectively. We are a third tier program, all we are getting is has beens or hasn't been yet's, that's the plain truth.
As long as we can keep recruiting top 15 (which every coach so far has done), we'll always have a chance to be 1 coach away.

We just need someone who knows how to do more with less and isn't a complete clown.

Reactions: OrangenSC
Not sure I buy this because Fulmer basically confirmed the rumors about him possibly taking over when we were in the hole last year were true.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
What I don’t understand is why the lack of aggressiveness this year? He wasn’t this way the last two years? At times on offense He got that way because of Jg but even still he took some chances. Perhaps he felt more willing to take chances knowing he has a dog in Jennings and Callaway was always reliable on 3rd down as well. This year we are doing way too many Eric gray runs in 3rd and 2 and he gets stuffed nearly each time. He gets 7-8 yards in first two downs then gets stuffed. We should be putting someone else back there for that short yardage carry or trying something else.

The lack of aggressiveness in defense is odd and only thing I can pinpoint is he doesn’t trust the cleanup crew the way he did with Nigel. I don’t think we have had a full game with our starting secondary. Shamburger acting up has killed us. Imo we should have been playing Slaughter or Key there the whole time if no Shamburger and by now we would be better at the spot but with the schedule he was scared to put the kids in there.

My hope is now that he lost the game you can’t lose that he will go back to being aggressive. Coaching to win instead of coaching scared. Something hasn’t been right with him and this team since halftime at UGA.

You're absolutely right about lack of aggression IMO. Is it the players or the coaches or both? I think the tide will turn soon (no pun intended). GBO!

Man, where have I heard this before?

Unfortunately you’ve heard it a lot. It’s the only way things will change. Fan support plummets and then the admin will either accept our new status as Vanderbilt east or pony up and hire a proven name.

I personally don’t think fan support will waiver that much to the level necessary, so we will hire another up and comer. I’d rather it be Tee than another Bama loser or almost anyone else.

Auburn and South Carolina fans are hearing the same things.

Hugh wants out of Liberty more than he wants any specific job.

That's probably very true. But Gus is looking like he may still hang on at Auburn and I would hope that we still have enough juice to outbid South Carolina for someone we want to get.

As long as we can keep recruiting top 15 (which every coach so far has done), we'll always have a chance to be 1 coach away.

We just need someone who knows how to do more with less and isn't a complete clown.

UT can generate top 10 revenue and put 100K in Neyland 7 times per season. End of discussion.

If Bob_Vols on 247 is legit, then things are not good within the locker room.
Any competitive person would be furious for being put in this situation. Where was the Al Wilson mindset in 2nd quarter at GA, KY, and Arkansas? Chaney owes us money, putting HB in this situation to throw a timing route, first time out in SEC on road down 11??? Then claiming we dont want to mess him up as reason for not getting a blue chipper ready? Its UNFATHOMABLE. He's not ready? BS!! He came on campus more ready than our 5th year Senior. Get him ready.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back