Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money is certainly part of the equation, and it just doesn’t automatically make everything better. I will give you Freeze, maybe. But we aren’t just hiring a top 25 P5 coach. People have to get over that.

It is but my point is the money could easily be attained. It's pocket change. Freeze is there, you take him before it's too late. It really is that simple. No reason to overthink it.

Just my opinion.Pruitt needs to stick with what he knows and that’s defense (maybe) if we get rid of ansley which I doubt it then he needs to go hire someone who is a Notorious defensive mind!..I get it Pruitt was on “2 A days” on MTV as the DC coach in high school but college is completely different.I think he might be over his Head at what he’s even good at to be honest.A will mushchump or barry Odom like hire on the defensive side.

jim chaney I think is fine in my opinion.I seriously think Pruitt is just in his way but if he’s not,hire someone who’s in a modern day offense that’s being used who can adjust to the talent he has like a Briles or Kiffin.they are akways adapting the O and really good at keeping the defense guessing.
OC - Long
QB - Weinke (for 1 year so we can keep Salter lol)
RB - Graham
WR - Tee is fine
TE - Nieds
OL - anyone lol
DL - Bo
DC/OLB - Tosh
ILB - keep Nieds here for one more year
Secondary - Pruitt and Ansley

Reactions: UTSuave’
Personally, I want to see what CJP can do when he has a competent QB

100% agree. It's always been about the QB from Day One. Which is why Jeremy is on the hot seat, which will be unbearable for him and us if he loses to Vandy.

This isn't as hard as it is being made out to be. Recruiting ties into trust of the staff by players/families as well as the school's assets. UT has the later to compete, but the former is losing ground because of the basic facts that having a good QB, good roster development, good schemes, good game day decisions = success. There is not one of those later four major points that Jeremy, the coaching staff and players excel at doing. The one that get you W's when the other three are mediocre is QB. Three years into the latest rebuild with Phil's guiding hand and still no QB has been developed, much less the other three points.

This thing is over if Jeremy does not change himself completely today. Not next week, next month, next year - today. He has one option IMO - Ogre this thing and become the CEO/recruiter/game day coach. He's not near the good micro manager he thinks he is. If he cannot or is unwilling to do that pull the plug after the Vandy loss.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
It is but my point is the money could easily be attained. It's pocket change. Freeze is there, you take him before it's too late. It really is that simple. No reason to overthink it.

Reports are that Feeeze makes $2 million at Liberty. He can pick and choose and be patient because he doesn’t need $. Just because you throw $4-$5 million at him doesn’t mean it gets done. That’s where $ is part of the equation on the other side. Unless someone falls in your lap, probably the only way you get a proven coach is by offering a Jimbo type deal.

It all seems so simple.

Reports are that Feeeze makes $2 million at Liberty. He can pick and choose and be patient because he doesn’t need $. Just because you throw $4-$5 million at him doesn’t mean it gets done. That’s where $ is part of the equation on the other side. Unless someone falls in your lap, probably the only way you get a proven coach is by offering a Jimbo type deal.

We will end up paying 1.5 Million to a burger flipper for our next coach or we hire Fleck for 273 million. Lol it’s the Vols way, man, we are a Comedy Central special now.

I am 40 pages behind this morning but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in anyway. UT can't afford not to make a change now. Fan apathy will only get worse as the losses pile up. Its abundantly clear Pruitt is in over his head. He might even be relieved if a change was made.
Unlike times past when contemplating a coaching change we have a coach who is the answer and unlike the Grumors saga Freeze would come here in a second. I don't want to hear about money, Vol fans everywhere would contribute. I already give to St Jude every month I would do the same for the right coach..

Yeaaaaaa I agree!...big difference this year!..what about osovot as OC and tee as QB coach👀👀
I don't think Osovet is ready, I like him as a co coordinator for now. Ive wondered about Tee as QB coach but he's only coached that position for one year and New Mexico.
I like this guy for CO-OC and QB coach. Before you ask who is that, he is the OC at Hou Baptist who had the #12 offense in FCS inn 2019. They averaged 426 yards per game and his Jr. QB led the FCS in passing TD's with 35 on the year. Now that's impressive but he has more to his resume than that, Kittley came from Tx Tech as a GA where he learned his craft under Kliff Kingsbury. Kittley worked with Davis Webb and a guy named Pat Mahommes, as well as Baker Mayfield in his short time there. So bring him in as CO OC with Chip Long and groom him to be your next guy. Let Chip coach the QB's then figure out who you want for O line. If Chaney doesn't leave put him there.
Zach Kittley - Football Coach - Houston Baptist University Athletics

Last edited:
Personally, I want to see what CJP can do when he has a competent QB
Have you seen the play calls on offense?

Little league runs more complex plays than we do.

We still jump offsides, hell our center doesn't know the snap count often. Our running backs line up on the wrong side of the ball often. Our 5 star packed offensive line plays like low 3 stars.

Reactions: Vols4us
I don't think Osovet is ready, I like him as a co coordinator for now. Ive wondered about Tee as QB coach but he's only coached that position for one year and New Mexico.
I like this guy for CO-OC and QB coach. Before you ask who is that, he is the OC at Hou Baptist who had the #12 offense in FCS inn 2019. They averaged 426 yards per game and his Jr. QB led the FCS in passing TD's with 35 a game. Now that's impressive but he has more to his resume than that, Kittley came from Tx Tech as a GA where he learned his craft under Kliff Kingsbury. Kittley worked with Davis Webb and a guy named Pat Mahommes, as well as Baker Mayfield in his short time there. So bring him in as CO OC with Chip Long and groom him to be your next guy. Let Chip coach the QB's then figure out who you want for O line. If Chaney doesn't leave put him there.
Zach Kittley - Football Coach - Houston Baptist University Athletics
He had 35 passing TD’s a game? If so, take him tomorrow

I am 40 pages behind this morning but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in anyway. UT can't afford not to make a change now. Fan apathy will only get worse as the losses pile up. Its abundantly clear Pruitt is in over his head. He might even be relieved if a change was made.
Unlike times past when contemplating a coaching change we have a coach who is the answer and unlike the Grumors saga Freeze would come here in a second. I don't want to hear about money, Vol fans everywhere would contribute. I already give to St Jude every month I would do the same for the right coach..
Do you want the adorable "Freeze to the rescue Blanket"?

He had 35 passing TD’s a game? If so, take him tomorrow
Hahaha, 35 on the year. But they've played 4 games this year, their conference cancelled the season. The fewest passing yards the QB has had was 380, the most was 567 against Tx Tech. I want him to work under someone like Long to develop a run game because they don't run it much, although that might be a lack of talent.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Let Ansley leave. Only coach who should be safe is Tee and Graham. Everyone else can go. Love Neids for recruiting but he should not be an on field coach. Unless he moves back to TE. But we have had a massive coaching carousel since Pruitt got here and the coaching is getting worse. One common denominator. We need to move on before we become even more obsolete. SC will Fire Muschamp and go for Freeze. Freeze would much prefer us or Auburn. Question is do we do the smart thing or continue to oblivion?
I just reread my post and realize that it came across wrong… I meant to say fire everyone except Tee and I will add Jay as well. The firing was to include Ansley and Felton.

Si quote on Hugh

Sounds like sour grapes. He wasn’t relevant in public spotlight on purpose because he had to sit out two years to rehabilitate his image. He was still consutling top programs behind the scenes. What he did at Ole Miss on the field is plenty relevant. This issue is making sure he learned his lessons off the field and in recruiting a little more carefully.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
I lost one of my best friends and golf partner last night. He suffered a heart attack a few days ago and didn't make through. I guess it's a sign of getting old but I've lost five of my friends in the past two years to cancer, pneumonia and heart attack. We all played golf together and had some great times. I guess I'm gonna have to start hanging around a younger crowd.

Sounds like sour grapes. He wasn’t relevant in public spotlight on purpose because he had to sit out two years to rehabilitate his image. He was still consutling top programs behind the scenes. What he did at Ole Miss on the field is plenty relevant. This issue is making sure he learned his lessons off the field and in recruiting a little more carefully.
not a freeze fan, anyone who thinks he cant coach is wrong.

Pruitt isn’t going anywhere. Zero chance he gets fired this year...
I do expect some other staff changes however....
With great regard to your knowledge. If he drops the next 4 games and it's apparent recruiting is derailing and his current players have lost faith in his vision and leadership, never say never. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back