Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tennessee is all about the boosters and the ego of guys up top and doesn't actually care about winning or the product on the field. Seems clear at this point. Hard to support it.

So, the way I read a supposed insider's post is that Fulmer has kept Haslam out, but Haslam is the only one that can really pay the money to fix it now. I think boosters want to win, but I guess it's difficult telling others what to do with their money.

He had an incredibly easy run at the end of the season to help right things, he doesn't have that this year. We are going to get blown out by A&M and UF, probably AU too. We are a muffed punt from probably having one win thus far. UF is going to obliterate our defense.

Pull the plug before its too late.

Let's revisit the previous guys first. Kiffin just left so it wasn't a case of him losing steam. Fulmer made the wrong hire in Clawson. Good coach, bad fit. Dooley wasn't recruiting great at the end, bad hire in Sunseri. His initial staff was excellent. Butch, bad hires. Shoop wasn't the right fit and Larry Scott was awful. Butch's hire of the Michigan tennis administrator Mike DeBord was a terrific hire. But Scott did him in. Along with a huge drop off at qb.

As for now, I think this team lacks locker room leadership which is a factor but it's crazy to suggest that's the only issue. However, they miss Jauan Jennings because of his emotion and the fact that he played hard for 60 mins. every day.

This program this year can't handle adversity. And maybe Jennings and Warrior was the two guys who held it together last year, but a year ago down the stretch they found ways to win games, even though it was ugly. Now they can't figure out a way to play the third quarter.

There are clearly disconnects at this point. Pruitt wasn't any fun to work for in year one. He was better in year 2, but I don't think this year has been any fun. Whether Jimmy Brumbaugh should have been fired or not, that has to leave an impact on a staff particularly. Most every coach has been "fired" in game by the head coach but it's heat of the moment and it never really happens. This year it did. One wonders how that affected the staff.

As for the other post on the board regarding Pruitt saying he wanted someone to fire him. I don't think he has said that.

He has told people from year one that if it didn't work out here that Saban would take him back as his DC or on staff there, but I don't believe he is telling people to fire him so he can go back to Alabama.

- Hubbs

Look at the amount of support staff he has. @HankHill can vouch for this

You relying on Hank? They are called Hank's Takes for a reason.

I'm suggesting that it appears he has gotten more than former coaches. But to say that he has gotten EVERYTHING is silly. My guess is that some name's have been suggested that didn't end up here...for whatever reason.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You relying on Hank? They are called Hank's Takes for a reason.

I'm suggesting that it appears he has gotten more than former coaches. But to say that he has gotten EVERYTHING is silly. My guess is that some name's have been suggested that didn't end up here...for whatever reason.
It’s not hard to look up support staff. He has been given plenty enough to succeed. Maybe not “everything.” He can’t do it.

So, we are gonna miss out on Freeze because getting the money would require booster begging, and for that to happen Fulmer would have to admit he was wrong. So yeah...Pruitt is here through 2021 and Freeze will beat our brains in annually.
Fulmer needs to go if we don’t fire Pruitt this year. If Freeze wants this job, you go get him right now. Period. Immediately a top 25 team next year and we win 7-9 games next year easy. Sales would be through the roof.

So year one he was already thinking about failing here? Lol

FIRE HIM

What an indictment. IMO it suggests that he's quite likely to give up, or maybe has already given up. He probably didn't really want to coach TN in the first place but didn't want to turn down the money or opportunity. Now he has realized he's in over his head and is probably okay with getting fired. Maybe he will throw the rest of the season to avoid 2021 and end up doing us a favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back