Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
results dictate how the "means" are perceived. rather than re hash everying that's transpired the past 3 years and now putting our revisionist history spin on them...i think it's just safer to say things are not going well, and the direction of the program has changed dramtically in the past 5 weeks.

i don't know if it can be fixed/saved/salvaged this year.

which also means i don't know if it can be fixed/saved/salvaged next year....likely will be heading in to next season with another new staff in some way, shape or form....looks like we're gonna still be pretty thin at some key spots.

more unknowns on the staff and roster headed in to year 4 in all liklihood. so expectations at this point should be what? not that it matters.

Pruitt isn't getting fired this year, that much i believe to be true. it's just not in our MO, and nor is it in Fulmer's to make that kind of decision and even more against the grain than that is hiring a guy like Hugh Freeze. so i cant' even get myself to the point to even entertain that notion.

as for the attitude/enthusiasm the team has right now, i think it's direclty due to the fact that EVERYBODY knows how limited the offense is with JG as the QB. i think the general attitude right now is "it doesn't matter what we do, becuase we can only do 2 or 3 things offensively" the defense sees all their efforts wasted. WR's see man coverage and the QB can't get them the ball....we can't consistently run the ball because defenses are going to out man you at times and pretty much dare you to throw it. if you, as a defense, win 1st down....you are in the catbird seat against us.

just so very limited. it's taking it's toll on every one.....it really doens't matter what we do because of the QB spot and the coaches aren't actively trying to change that....at least it doesn't appear they are.

just demoralizing on all fronts.

anyway. i think everbody is just very meh right now, and for good reason.

i think 3-7 is the best we can do at this point, and honestly, i don't know how, if you're Jeremy Pruitt, you come back from that unless you take seriously hard look in the mirror. and i wonder what is going on in Fulmer's mind at this point. it's not like he had a bevvy of coaches to select from when he picked Pruitt....so does he stick and stay and try to make it pay with pruitt or does he call it?

all i know is i'm so sick of watching this now decade+ style of TN football.....

am i out on Jeremy Pruitt? sure. but i don't think he's going anywhere and i don't see anythging productive in just railing on the guy at this point. plus, i have zero faith that even if we decided to correct this mistake, that we'd get the next one right. the one thing Tennessee has been consistently excellent at is making all the wrong decisions when it comes to hiring football coaches.

Pruitt can be succesful here, but that's gonna require playing the loooonnnng game. he has proved to me he's not gonna be capable of a 2-4 year turn around. it's probably more like a 5-7 year turnaround and if you're gonna stick with pruitt at this point, you're hoping he's on a the Dabo Swenny, or Stoops at UK trajectory.....where it did take 5, 6, 7 years to get there.

past that..................................................i got nothin'.

So much to bitch about and so many red flags to discuss but I am surprised no one is talking about Shamburger. This is an upperclassman that’s been with bama jeremey for 3 years now and still can’t stay on the correct side of the dog house door. This is another red flag that shows the culture around this program isn’t anywhere close to where it should be

What I don’t understand is why the lack of aggressiveness this year? He wasn’t this way the last two years? At times on offense He got that way because of Jg but even still he took some chances. Perhaps he felt more willing to take chances knowing he has a dog in Jennings and Callaway was always reliable on 3rd down as well. This year we are doing way too many Eric gray runs in 3rd and 2 and he gets stuffed nearly each time. He gets 7-8 yards in first two downs then gets stuffed. We should be putting someone else back there for that short yardage carry or trying something else.

The lack of aggressiveness in defense is odd and only thing I can pinpoint is he doesn’t trust the cleanup crew the way he did with Nigel. I don’t think we have had a full game with our starting secondary. Shamburger acting up has killed us. Imo we should have been playing Slaughter or Key there the whole time if no Shamburger and by now we would be better at the spot but with the schedule he was scared to put the kids in there.

My hope is now that he lost the game you can’t lose that he will go back to being aggressive. Coaching to win instead of coaching scared. Something hasn’t been right with him and this team since halftime at UGA.

So much to bitch about and so many red flags to discuss but I am surprised no one is talking about Shamburger. This is an upperclassman that’s been with bama jeremey for 3 years now and still can’t stay on the correct side of the dog house door. This is another red flag that shows the culture around this program isn’t anywhere close to where it should be

Ahaha!!!...of course Father G!...hey @Smyrna ATL Vol Shamburger is the major problem buddy👀😅😂😂 get Ansley and Pruitt on the Horn.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back