Recruiting Football Talk VII

See and this is also true, this makes it seem like he is passing the torch...no, they are transcendent in their respective sports and despite Pete's shot volume he still averaged 44 points against grown men and Caitlyn is clearly built different from her peers that struggle to hit wide open lay ups.

I mean sorry he's right. She is dominating her sport more than any of those other people in that she is playing at a much higher level than everyone she's playing against.

It looks like she's playing with a bunch of middle school girls.

He just needed to be more specific with "best athlete"

More like, most dominant as an individual player in their sport. Sure they are hyping her as much as possible because she's a woman and they got agendas out there BUT it's just a fact she's destroying everyone at a level that is greater than anyone else in their sport.
The f'n agenda is why I hate this crap...always with the 🦬💩 agendas being shoved down your throat.

The f'n agenda is why I hate this crap...always with the 🦬💩 agendas being shoved down your throat.
I do respect her trying not to feed into though. At halftime of the game yesterday she changed the subject from her to the team and trying to win the game. She seems real tired if it.

Hope she torches Dawn's team again...

Speaking of Athletes. Who remembers the triathlon.

Swim, bike ride and then run ..

Now that's a Athletes..
Sports Illustrated had an article years ago on how the first Ironman Triathlon came about. Just how you would imagine a bar in Hawaii with ex-military guys drinking and telling stories about who was the toughest.

There used to be a guy on here who thought @Ulysees E. McGill was the Ruckmeister.
It was a guy that is still here although I ignored his stupid arse 9-10 years ago...he goes by "you" on here.

If you remember, he said that I was Rucker and Escape Goat was Callahan...lol.

I never glanced at King's stats until a couple weeks ago.

Has to be the best player to ever step on the court in orange and it's hard to even imagine a better.

Absolutely, unimaginably dominant.

I was shocked when I saw it and still am. Might be up for best college player all-time. Just didn't play on the best all-around team outside of Ernie. But objectively, he has to be up there individually.
Point guard was Johnny Darden - he distributed the ball well - helped both those guys alot.

From The Tennessean:

“…assists leader at UT with 715 and led the Vols in assists all four seasons he played in 1976-79. He averaged 6.3 points per game for his career, which was quite a comedown from his prolific scoring at Springfield High.

"Scoring wasn't a priority for me," he said. "In high school, I had to score. That was never an issue at UT because we had plenty of scorers. Coach (Ray) Mears never, ever told me not to shoot the basketball. That was my decision."

Johnny Darden is the all-time assists leader at Tennessee with 715 and led the Vols in assists all four seasons he played in 1976-79.

Darden handled the ball with flair and efficiency. Many of his 715 career assists came on no-look, behind-the-back passes. He dribbled through traffic with ease. Longtime SEC basketball broadcaster Joe Dean bestowed him with the nickname "Dirt Dauber."

Mears, the late Vols coaching icon, once said Darden had "a way of getting the ball to the right guy at the right time no matter what the defense was doing — and making it look easy."

Darden's UT career was a bit of a wild ride. As a freshman, he arrived at the height of the Ernie & Bernie Show, which was a magical time in Vols basketball history.

Ernie Grunfeld and Bernard King, two New Yorkers, were All-Americans and future first-round NBA draft picks. Nashvillian Mike Jackson also was a double-figure scorer on those teams. Darden stepped right in as a starter.
"Those teams my freshman and sophomore years were probably the most talented in UT history," Darden said.

As his college career continued, however, UT basketball was in transition. After the final year of the Ernie & Bernie Show in '77, Mears became ill and the '78 Vols were coached on an interim basis by Cliff Wettig. They went 11-16 Darden's junior season.

Mears was forced to retire and Don DeVoe was hired as Vols coach. Having apprenticed under Bob Knight as an assistant at Army, DeVoe was a disciplinarian who believed in man-to-man defense and inside scoring. The pace slowed.

"He was totally different from Coach Mears," Darden said. "You're talking night and day as far as coaching philosophies and mannerisms on and off the court."
1709591520489.png

The makeup of UT's roster for the '79 season included some talented holdovers from the Mears era such as Reggie Johnson, Howard Wood, Terry Crosby and Darden, not to mention future pro wrestling superstar Kevin Nash, as well DeVoe recruits Gary Carter and Steve Ray.….

…One of the high points was the SEC Tournament in Darden's senior season, the first since the event was discontinued in 1952. LSU and Tennessee, which finished Nos. 1 and 2 in the conference during the regular season, received double-byes into the tournament semifinals.

"The tournament was new so we didn't know what to expect. Nobody did," he said. "We went out and played good basketball and wound up winning. It was a great feeling."

Last edited:
You can't have a Top 5 athletes in sports right now and not include Messi, one or multiple Japanese freestyle women's wrestlers (Fujinami as previously mentioned, or Susaki who has lost 3 total matches since she was 11 and has 4 world championships and 1 Olympic golds), Katie Ledecky has 7 Olympic golds, 21 worlds, and 5 world records, I think Shohei Ohtani is on the list as one of the best pitchers and hitters in all of baseball, and there's a bunch more contenders before I get close to the rest of his list with the exception of Jokic. Novak Djokovic and Lebron James are considered but both entering the twilight of their careers.

There's just no way I'm putting an American women's college basketball player #1 best athlete across all sports in the entire world before I consider professionals shattering records and dominating their sports.
I think the tweet was "American" athlete? Too lazy to go back and look... May be wrong. There's gotta be a first time for everyhing.

ETA:

I'm neither as lazy as I assumed, nor as wrong as I feared possible:

1709591198140.png

Reactions: franklinpence
Its wild how devalued RBs have become in the NFL.

Yet a couple made the first rd either last year or the year before.

Some GMs are still drunk.

But most are getting what's been known to some since at least Emmitt...have an elite OL first and the rest follows. Oh, and get your blockers out of the dang way. Stop blocking with so many.

Hype gets it.

VN Store

Back