Recruiting Football Talk VII

Their prime is just so small and elite QB’s have shown you don’t need a good RB to win. Also can’t carry a team so it makes sense
And yet...a guy like Christian McCaffrey is still the straw that stirs the drink...and Henry has been a monster for the Titans...I think this view is stupid and shortsighted.

And yet...a guy like Christian McCaffrey is still the straw that stirs the drink...and Henry has been a monster for the Titans...I think this view is stupid and shortsighted.
A great run vs a nobody can be the difference between a td and a sack on a play action pass. I agree that rbs being undervalued is a knock on the way they are utilized and not on the impact they can have on an offenses success.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
But it also completely leaves out a ton of sports, despite him claiming "these are the best across any sport"

No Messi? No Katie Ledecky? Akari Fujinami (a Japanese female wrestler who hasn't lost a match since high school (111-0) and 2 Golds in World Championships.

It's just lazy American sports commentary riding the hot news cycle.
Well its clearly talking about RIGHT NOW.

We beat Illinois in Knoxville

Florida is a Q2 because the Quad system is a little convoluted.

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75

Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135

Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240

Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353

Had we beaten Florida on the road or a neutral court they would be a Quad 1 win. Since they are ranked 33rd and not top 30 in the NET, they are a Q2 home win.

Not all Q1 and Q2 wins are created equal. That's how Arizona sports a Q1 win over an NIT level Oregon where we have a Q2 win over a Florda team that will be as high as a 7 seed in the tournament.
Record against the field should be biggest determiner for number 1 seed. If they seeded 64 to 1 with 1s being last determined, would be easier.

It was maddening. And I just knew he would be a huge upgrade from Devoe…even if Louisville didn’t let Allan out of his NIL. They did and he wasn’t. 😔
Yep...same here...I was so excited...and then when the reality hit that Wade absolutely sucked at pretty much everything to do with basketball except fathering a great player...I don't remember ever being more disappointed as a Vol....Bob Shoops defense is a close second I guess.

Record against the field should be biggest determiner for number 1 seed. If they seeded 64 to 1 with 1s being last determined, would be easier.
It usually is

But teams like Arizona do have bias on their side

We saw it a couple years ago when Duke had a 2 seed over our 3 seed even though we had the superior resume on every level.

Arizona plays at UCLA this week. UCLA isnt a world beater this season, but was leading at Arizona by double digits most of game then Arizona made a come back. I think Arizona loses at UCLA this time.

When Tennessee beats both South Carolina and Kentucky this week, the #1 seed should go to the Vols.

BTW check out the run on sentence lol..
Conference tournament could work to or against our favor. I think the pac 12 is weak this year. So Arizona likely to win that. Even if we lose a reg season game in these last two though, if we win the sec tourney on top of a share or outright reg season sec champs, we should be a 1 seed.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Yep...same here...I was so excited...and then when the reality hit that Wade absolutely sucked at pretty much everything to do with basketball except fathering a great player...I don't remember ever being more disappointed as a Vol....Bob Shoops defense is a close second I guess.
He was a highly respected assistant for forever under Denny Crum. The skillsets don’t always mesh.

Dr J couldn’t stop him….. Would he be considered a good athlete….Several of the ball handling drills that Kyrie and the rest did to enhance their ball handling skills were started by Pistol Pete.

You could immediately tell that freakin idiot didn't know anything about Pete when he said that about ball handling..Pete was a magician with the ball, that is what he was most known for.

I mean sorry he's right. She is dominating her sport more than any of those other people in that she is playing at a much higher level than everyone she's playing against.

It looks like she's playing with a bunch of middle school girls.

He just needed to be more specific with "best athlete"

More like, most dominant as an individual player in their sport. Sure they are hyping her as much as possible because she's a woman and they got agendas out there BUT it's just a fact she's destroying everyone at a level that is greater than anyone else in their sport.

As am I. But if he means "this week" idk how you put Ohtani on there coming off of injury. I assune he's talking about active athletes in the past year-ish.
Yeah, but he's saying the second best player in women's college basketball is more distant than the second best player in baseball right now. That appears to be the case since she is doing things we've never seen women do with a basketball.

A bunch of these women struggle to make wide open layups, even at the WNBA level and she can stop on a dime, full sprint and nail a 35 foot three...her hand eye coordination and skill level is just waaaaay off the charts. It's like watching Juwanna man in real time...🤣

Reactions: SoilVol

VN Store

Back