Recruiting Football Talk VII

Wasn’t Illinois on the road? How is Florida quad 2 and they are ranked?
We beat Illinois in Knoxville

Florida is a Q2 because the Quad system is a little convoluted.

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75

Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135

Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240

Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353

Had we beaten Florida on the road or a neutral court they would be a Quad 1 win. Since they are ranked 33rd and not top 30 in the NET, they are a Q2 home win.

Not all Q1 and Q2 wins are created equal. That's how Arizona sports a Q1 win over an NIT level Oregon where we have a Q2 win over a Florda team that will be as high as a 7 seed in the tournament.

Guys you want to know something?

We have a better resume than Arizona and it's not actually that close.

Yes they have 8 quad 1 wins to our 6. However, only four of those wins were against teams that would he in the tournament field if it started today. @Duke (N)Michigan St (H)Wisconsin and (N)Bama

Colorado, Utah and Oregon are NIT teams. Colorado and Utah could play their way in, but as of now they are out and Colorado's resume is incredibly fraudulent.

To only have FOUR big wins and losses to Oregon St and Stanford and be so firmly on the 1 line is just absolute BS.

How about the Vols? 6 quad one wins, all against teams in the field plus a quad 2 win over Florida and they will be in the dance.

@bama (H)Bama (H)Auburn (H)Florida (H)Illinois @Wisconsin @kentucky

We have 7 great wins to their 4. Three of them were road games while only one of theirs was on the road. They have two really bad losses to teams with losing records and we don't.

Same number of wins and losses, our schedule has been harder, we have better wins and better losses. There is just bs bias happening, or no one has decided to actually asses both resumes. UNC should be ahead of Arizona too.
20240304_140330.png
This is Lunardi's updated ranking. He still thinks Purdue is overall #1 and the current AP #1 team Houston is #3 to him.

Not only that, the way he has organized his Top 16, the West bracket with Arizona is the easiest (totals 37). The idea is to seed all 4 brackets to an equal score of 34. On paper, the Midwest bracket is the hardest (31).

This is how I would seed them:
Midwest: #3 Purdue, #7 Marquette, #12 Kansas, #13 Kentucky = 35
West: #1 Houston, #5 Arizona, #11 Creighton, #16 SDSU = 33
South: #4 Vols, #6 UNC, #10 Baylor, #14 Illinois = 34
East: #2 UConn, #8 Iowa State, #9 Duke, #15 Alabama = 34

Well now I want to see your Top 5…
You can't have a Top 5 athletes in sports right now and not include Messi, one or multiple Japanese freestyle women's wrestlers (Fujinami as previously mentioned, or Susaki who has lost 3 total matches since she was 11 and has 4 world championships and 1 Olympic golds), Katie Ledecky has 7 Olympic golds, 21 worlds, and 5 world records, I think Shohei Ohtani is on the list as one of the best pitchers and hitters in all of baseball, and there's a bunch more contenders before I get close to the rest of his list with the exception of Jokic. Novak Djokovic and Lebron James are considered but both entering the twilight of their careers.

There's just no way I'm putting an American women's college basketball player #1 best athlete across all sports in the entire world before I consider professionals shattering records and dominating their sports.

View attachment 624753
This is Lunardi's updated ranking. He still thinks Purdue is overall #1 and the current AP #1 team Houston is #3 to him.

Not only that, the way he has organized his Top 16, the West bracket with Arizona is the easiest (totals 37). The idea is to seed all 4 brackets to an equal score of 34. On paper, the Midwest bracket is the hardest (31).

This is how I would seed them:
Midwest: #3 Purdue, #7 Marquette, #12 Kansas, #13 Kentucky = 35
West: #1 Houston, #5 Arizona, #11 Creighton, #16 SDSU = 33
South: #4 Vols, #6 UNC, #10 Baylor, #14 Illinois = 34
East: #2 UConn, #8 Iowa State, #9 Duke, #15 Alabama = 34
Arizona plays at UCLA this week. UCLA isnt a world beater this season, but was leading at Arizona by double digits most of game then Arizona made a come back. I think Arizona loses at UCLA this time.

When Tennessee beats both South Carolina and Kentucky this week, the #1 seed should go to the Vols.

BTW check out the run on sentence lol..

@The Dog

Another worst kept secret in world. Jason Kelce officially retires.

Fly Eagles Fly...
I thought that happened a couple of weeks ago. That's okay, the Eagles have had a nice little run and it's not necessarily over, yet. 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 or 6 years and a Ring. I'll take it. Btw, how many SB have the Cowboys been to, in the same time span ? I smoke a lot of weed, but I'm pretty sure, it has been ZERO

Reactions: knoxvol52
I thought that happened a couple of weeks ago. That's okay, the Eagles have had a nice little run and it's not necessarily over, yet. 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 or 6 years and a Ring. I'll take it. Btw, how many SB have the Cowboys been to, in the same time span ? I smoke a lot of weed, but I'm pretty sure, it has been ZERO
Correct you do smoke weed...😜

You can't have a Top 5 athletes in sports right now and not include Messi, one or multiple Japanese freestyle women's wrestlers (Fujinami as previously mentioned, or Susaki who has lost 3 total matches since she was 11 and has 4 world championships and 1 Olympic golds), Katie Ledecky has 7 Olympic golds, 21 worlds, and 5 world records, I think Shohei Ohtani is on the list as one of the best pitchers and hitters in all of baseball, and there's a bunch more contenders before I get close to the rest of his list with the exception of Jokic. Novak Djokovic and Lebron James are considered but both entering the twilight of their careers.

There's just no way I'm putting an American women's college basketball player #1 best athlete across all sports in the entire world before I consider professionals shattering records and dominating their sports.
This.

VN Store

Back