Recruiting Football Talk VII

The list should've been best Women's athlete. Then nobody complains

Serena Williams is #1 if she still competed.
I can't even imagine most folks agreeing on more than 2 of their top 5 at the moment...

Rn there's arguably no all-time greats in olympic sports. Messi is on his decline... Ya got Mahomes and couple of big ole baseball and basketball players that feel less athletic to some, but I agree with...not all will.

Have no problem including her somewhere in the top 5 at this moment, sure.

When I think of top 5 athletes, the likes of Phelps...Usain Bolt...great decathlonists come to mind. Just me.

Reactions: SoilVol
Pete's shot volume he still averaged 44 points against grown men and Caitlyn is clearly built different from her peers that struggle to hit wide open lay ups.

I’m sympathetic to complaints about agendas, but when those complaints devolve into trashing women and women’s athletics, I draw the line.

My baseline view: men and women are biologically different and thus the sports they play are different. They are simply not comparable. Caitlyn shouldn’t be knocked because she doesn’t play against grown men - she shouldn’t have to play against grown men. Keep the men out of women’s sports and evaluate the two sports separately.

All that said - I do think it’s notable she played long and well enough to score more points in her career than Maravich, and it should be celebrated. Does that mean she’s better than him and could beat him 1x1 on his prime? In my view, that’s not the question or even the point. He’s a man, she’s a woman and they play different sports. It’s simply that we should celebrate her achievement, and comparing it to Maravich is an interesting data point that simply shows us how unique her accomplishment is.

I’m sympathetic to complaints about agendas, but when those complaints devolve into trashing women and women’s athletics, I draw the line.

My baseline view: men and women are biologically different and thus the sports they play are different. They are simply not comparable. Caitlyn shouldn’t be knocked because she doesn’t play against grown men - she shouldn’t have to play against grown men. Keep the men out of women’s sports and evaluate the two sports separately.

All that said - I do think it’s notable she played long and well enough to score more points in her career than Maravich, and it should be celebrated. Does that mean she’s better than him and could beat him 1x1 on his prime? In my view, that’s not the question or even the point. He’s a man, she’s a woman and they play different sports. It’s simply that we should celebrate her achievement, and comparing it to Maravich is an interesting data point that simply shows us how unique her accomplishment is.
Well said.

It's comical any of this even needs to be spelled out, but I guess it does.

Interestingly, when a man breaks an NCAA record that was a woman's...zero chatter...

Don't get the fragility, but it exists. Oh well, it's the world we live in. Greatness is greatness is greatness. Simple as that.

Emblid messed that up.
Embiid won it last year because some thought he got ripped off previous year.

Hey I'm with you Joker should have 3 in a row.

This year if Dallas was top 2 in Western Conference Luka wins it hands down. The guy is a walking Triple Double.

I agree with most of this. No need to devalue women's sports. It's an amazing achievement.

And since we're not devaluing women's sports, there's no need to bleed it into men's records. It is notable enough and laudible enough within women's NCAA. See the two underlined of your post for an apparent contradiction. There's little notable about scoring records in different sports.

Reactions: Glitch
Interestingly, when a man breaks an NCAA record that was a woman's...zero chatter...
Can you point us to that? I'll go ahead and preface, if you can, that it would be stupid to make the comparison.

I'm interested to see the social media accolades of a man breaking women's NCAA records (short of a dude claiming to be a not-dude and beating not-dudes, which I also disagree with).

Thanks.

Embiid won it last year because some thought he got ripped off previous year.

Hey I'm with you Joker should have 3 in a row.

This year if Dallas was top 2 in Western Conference Luka wins it hands down. The guy is a walking Triple Double.
Stats that help your team win has been the customary path to MVP.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back