Recruiting Football Talk VII

I have never known a better time to be a Tennessee Vol. We are going to be so obnoxious after all the years of wandering in the wilderness.

I am here for every moment of it. Git sum...

😎
I was a teen in the 90's when Tennessee was rolling. I am most excited for the teens that are fans now, like my daughter. They are getting to experience a revival of how much fun it is to be a Tennessee fan in most every sport.

Hey all this talk about what a time to be alive and a VFL with all our sports and university at full speed ahead--- For what it's worth and not sure who saw, but Danny White posted on X that our Tennis program is currently ranked in the top 5 in the country as well right now...

Sprinkle in a little Christian Coleman is back, healthy, and running by foolz left and right!

I don't expect him to be a successful NFL QB. I'll be really happy if I'm wrong though. A true VFL who did a lot of things right when he was here. Easy guy to root for.
I don’t either. He will get a shot, but likely follow the Dobbs track. Either way, he’s gonna make a lot more money than many predicted a few years ago.

March 3, 1979
The Tennessee Volunteers won the tournament championship game, and received the SEC's automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament by beating the Kentucky Wildcats in a 75–69 overtime win on March 3, 1979.
After Tennessee took a 55-53 lead, the two teams would combine to score just two points the final 8:56 of regulation.

The Vols jumped out to a six-point lead less than two minutes into the extra period and went on to a 75-69 win.
The tournament took place from February 28 to March 3, 1979. After the SEC tournament ended, Tennessee was ranked number 20 in the Associated Press polls.

View attachment 624534
Your memory really is great for an old man. I love seeing these posts about teams that Tennessee had from olden times. What is your secret to keep these memories in there old man?

True but they don’t size down the rims for females…. They are shooting a smaller ball into regulation size rims which is part of the reason that the sports don’t care. My daughter competes against boys and can shoot a regulation ball from so I wonder if that will change in the future…. It will hurt % of makes though in a sport that needs more scoring to draw in non die hard fans.
IMO, if they want to make the women's game better. they should scale down the basketball court and lower the rim to 9' It would allow the game to be a better version of what it is now. I think that is what makes softball so good as a women's sport, same with volleyball with the lowered net.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
He was skilled for his era. Get real. Someone like Kryie Irving would make him look foolish with the handles NBA and even college players have today. & a defender like ZZ or Mashack would pick his pocket every time down the court dribbling up at his damn shoulder. Idc what league he played in. He was good in his ERA doesn't mean he'd be worth a damn in today's time. Cause he wouldn't be 🤷‍♂️
Pete wouldn't be as dominate in todays game but to say he wouldn't be worth a damn is stepping way out on a limb. He averaged 24/4/5 over his career in the 70's in the NBA, he'd play and still be a high level college player in today's game with the spacing and ticky tak calls that can occur.

I don't expect him to be a successful NFL QB. I'll be really happy if I'm wrong though. A true VFL who did a lot of things right when he was here. Easy guy to root for.
Agreed. There's a lot of great college QBs that don't become great NFL QBs. There's some average college QBs who've become great NFL QBs.

I think he has the potential to be a better NFL QB due to schemes and the WR talent around him. It'll just come down to the mental processing.

He was a great backup QB and a solid starting QB. He led us to one of our best seasons in the last 15-20 years. He gave his all for Tennessee and is a VFL and deserves our support. Best of luck to him.

If I were Milton, I'd be happy with a few years as a back-up. I'd be anxious to get out of playing and into coaching. He's learned a lot from the best QB mind in the game. I think he has more future value as a QB coach than an NFL QB.

VN Store

Back