Pruitts attitude is completely unacceptable

We need OLine continuity 1st and foremost before we can even think about changing QB's but if worse comes to worse JG is gonna take a hard lick and have to miss some plays again this year. The 2 back-ups need to be ready. Since we changed OC's JT has essentially missed a year,( under Helton), so him and Mauer are even. Hill could be ready by mid-season but be somewhat limited. Seems we're stuck with JG for awhile.

For as stupid and unnecessary as that oline rotation was, inadequate protection was not hampering JG's abilities yesterday; he never had less than 4 seconds, and for the most part had literally until he decided to run or not. On the last sack he held the ball for 7.5 seconds, and still ate the sack. That's not the fault of the oline.

Why don't you quit posting? You are about as ignorant as those your attempting to portray as ignorant in the 1st place.
I have news for you my friend. You are in a very very small minority if you think after yesterday's debacle everybody agrees with you that we should all be singing Kum ba yah and praising Pruitt

Fair point. This team wasn't prepared from top to bottom but if we're using that argument and they didn't prepare the team are we to trust they prepared the single most important guy on the field in the QB to play? Why come down so hard on a single player when we know this team wasn't prepared? I've said from the beginning this falls on the staff. The offense is fixable IMO. The defense has personnel issues.
Not so. There are certain aspects to JG's play that aren't fixable because if there were it would have taken place by now. Bad pocket awareness, (can't sense pressure,blitz from backside), holds ball too long, can't get a good read on defenses. Called a QB sneak and 2 LB'ers cheated up on each side of nose-tackle and instead of changing play or calling T/O ran the failed play anyway. He's non-chalant like he's programed to make original play called to work, in other words he lacks the ability to improvise, and/or scramble and make things happen as if he's content with a sack. I doubt UT will have a winning season with him as starting QB. I very much do not want to be negative about JG and at the moment it seems like he's the best we have and many felt he was due to have a good year. I'm hoping that turns out to be the case still. Some are saying that he lacks confidence and I don't know if that's the case or not.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Been going to Tennessee games since 1965. You are clueless.
Doesn't mean you're a fan. I knew a guy that went to games and actually hoped Tennessee would lose so he could get the tickets cheaper the next week hi. It was just nothing but a social gathering for him. If you're a true fan you would not be happy with this product.

I have news for you my friend. You are in a very very small minority if you think after yesterday's debacle everybody agrees with you that we should all be singing Kum ba yah and praising Pruitt
We're fellow fans not friends. It's an opinion board and you're entitled to state what you like. It's irrational to think that a HC doesn't like his own team and is here for monetary gain only. That's exactly the type of statements you have been making. Fulmer ought to get on his butt over this shuffling of the OLine business. He's making mistakes as a HC and maybe he'll state that he did. IMO he needs to get the best linemen on both sides of the ball and stick with his choice thick and thin. He's over-subbing thinking he can make distinctions about who should be playing what, etc... and the result is it's creating confusion and actually not benefitting anyone or the team. The young in-experienced players can't seem to focus because of this. He's a 2nd year head coach and going about this matter in the wrong way imo. JG is another issue in itself and at the moment we seem to be stuck with him even though I feel he made several costly mistakes that could be perceived as costing us a win. There's no reason why we shouldn't get better as a team immediately and if we keep fooling around like idiots recruits are going to see it and sense it and not want any part of it. That's the next obstacle that he's creating. In essence he's shooting himself in the foot by being indecisive. 5 players on the offensive front starting. We're not good enough at this time to be creating multi positional players yet. A back-up tackle is a back-up tackle at this time. A guard is a guard. Learn to maintain focus on one position only. When and only when they learn that then start considering playing a tackle at guard. Anyway I've said enough. Been following the Vols since '66 and never witnessed such incompetence in selecting 5 players to play offensive line. Same exact scenario applies to the Dline. Pick 3 best and go with it.

We're fellow fans not friends. It's an opinion board and you're entitled to state what you like. It's irrational to think that a HC doesn't like his own team and is here for monetary gain only. That's exactly the type of statements you have been making. Fulmer ought to get on his butt over this shuffling of the OLine business. He's making mistakes as a HC and maybe he'll state that he did. IMO he needs to get the best linemen on both sides of the ball and stick with his choice thick and thin. He's over-subbing thinking he can make distinctions about who should be playing what, etc... and the result is it's creating confusion and actually not benefitting anyone or the team. The young in-experienced players can't seem to focus because of this. He's a 2nd year head coach and going about this matter in the wrong way imo. JG is another issue in itself and at the moment we seem to be stuck with him even though I feel he made several costly mistakes that could be perceived as costing us a win. There's no reason why we shouldn't get better as a team immediately and if we keep fooling around like idiots recruits are going to see it and sense it and not want any part of it. That's the next obstacle that he's creating. In essence he's shooting himself in the foot by being indecisive. 5 players on the offensive front starting. We're not good enough at this time to be creating multi positional players yet. A back-up tackle is a back-up tackle at this time. A guard is a guard. Learn to maintain focus on one position only. When and only when they learn that then start considering playing a tackle at guard. Anyway I've said enough. Been following the Vols since '66 and never witnessed such incompetence in selecting 5 players to play offensive line. Same exact scenario applies to the Dline. Pick 3 best and go with it.
I agree with a lot of what you said. Still question his heart though. We can agree to disagree.

Totally agree with your comments about shuffling Oline players. These guys need to learn how to be effective at one position before all the cross-training. Yes, it is helpful for lineman to learn more than one position, but before they get to that stage, learn how to effectively play one position rather than be half-azzed all across the line.

For as stupid and unnecessary as that oline rotation was, inadequate protection was not hampering JG's abilities yesterday; he never had less than 4 seconds, and for the most part had literally until he decided to run or not. On the last sack he held the ball for 7.5 seconds, and still ate the sack. That's not the fault of the oline.
Defense was the glaring issue. I didn't see JG get sacked all that much. But zero pressure on their QB is inexcusable. Two men on the line? What?

I’m not ready to give up on the coaches just yet! The season just began l think we turn things around this week and finish with a winning record. GBO

He lacks pocket presents for sure

This is classic Saban/Belichick Coaching Tree. They all nail the attitude part but don’t come away with anything applicable to being a head coach

Let’s get a coach who speaks proper English so when we lose we don’t sound like hayseeds!

Then, Phil makes it clear the whole staff will be fired without immediate improvement.

Finally, make the same thing clear to Phil.

A better more productive faster higher scoring vertical O that plays to the core strength of our team will create a positive domino chain effect that will fix a LOT of ills on BOTH sides of the ball. Our D can’t improve until they can get a breather. Until that QB change occurs we’re stuck in a death spiral of mediocrity. Sorry bout it believe what you want this is much bigger than one kid our entire program is on the line.
The D was being blown off the line of scrimmage from play number 1 to the last. That isn't on the offense. That's a heart/talent issue.

Doesn't mean you're a fan. I knew a guy that went to games and actually hoped Tennessee would lose so he could get the tickets cheaper the next week hi. It was just nothing but a social gathering for him. If you're a true fan you would not be happy with this product.
WHO said I was "happy"? Get a grip & try a bit of reading comprehension. Now go kick the cat.o_O

Not so. There are certain aspects to JG's play that aren't fixable because if there were it would have taken place by now. Bad pocket awareness, (can't sense pressure,blitz from backside), holds ball too long, can't get a good read on defenses. Called a QB sneak and 2 LB'ers cheated up on each side of nose-tackle and instead of changing play or calling T/O ran the failed play anyway. He's non-chalant like he's programed to make original play called to work, in other words he lacks the ability to improvise, and/or scramble and make things happen as if he's content with a sack. I doubt UT will have a winning season with him as starting QB. I very much do not want to be negative about JG and at the moment it seems like he's the best we have and many felt he was due to have a good year. I'm hoping that turns out to be the case still. Some are saying that he lacks confidence and I don't know if that's the case or not.
I agree but there are things you can scheme around. Or you can roll the dice with the number two QB and see if he gets it done.

What I am saying is the problems on offense can be worked around with batting degrees of success. The defense was getting blown off the line of scrimmage and we have zero pass rush. While I'll admit there are some things you can do to create a rush, blitzes etc, if you can't hold the line of scrimmage against a cupcake then you are screwed defensively. Which is my main cause if concern with this team. We were competitive last year in some games defensively that we just don't look like we can this year. That's a week one reaction though. We will see. Either way my confidence in this coaching staff has been shaken, I was already a wait and see guy, early returns last year and have one this year haven't been great.

It's like a bad dream over and over and over and over...….
th

Reactions: tennvols77
Tennessee looks like a team that had 1/4 of the time to practice as the rest of college football.

Is there some ncaa rule that says Tennessee only gets 3 weekends to practice football and that's all you get? After listening to the post game presser it sounds like very very very basic skills are still being taught in year 2. Pruitt is already using the "inexperienced" card. Every team in college football has incoming freshmen and many start (Auburn just won a huge game with a frosh QB)

Pruitt a couple times referenced going out there and calling just one play and if that play was the wrong call then Tennessee was going to get eaten alive. He just accepted that was going to happen because his team isn't capable of executing basic things. How is that? Pruitt said it was "all on him" which is at least taking ownership but how the heck did it get so bad to begin with? What were you doing this whole time Pruitt? You have a fantastic coaching staff!!

This team looks like it was just assembled last month and they never met one another before. How is that? How are they only capable of so little?

Walking off the field Saturday with a dazed look says it all for Pruitt. He looked clueless and as if he could care less.

It his post game presser (he did shoulder blame) but there was zero emotion. None. The exact same emotion that he has after a win. Zero. The players and everyone feed off of emotion. Especially college kids (young men). But the coaches do to. Just like with any organization. Emotion controls morale and there is neither.

JG has been jerked around thru multiple coordinators and I get it but with this staff he’s had resources off the charts with TWO NC winning QBs Weinke and Martin in addition to Chaney the QB Whisperer and he STILL hasn’t improved. It’s past time to throw in the towel on this guy. We can’t sink any lower than losing to GA ST.

I think the saddest part is our staff thinks that Maurer and Shroudt were recruiting mistakes.

Reactions: Woke

VN Store

Back