Pruitts attitude is completely unacceptable

"Why is Tennessee running the read option with a pocket statue?"

"Butch Jones knows more about football than you."

"Why isn't Kamara getting more touches?"

"At Tennessee, coaching evaluations can never be questioned. Coaches are always right."

**rinse, repeat**

After seeing the lack of preparation, the choice to rotate olinemen, the choice to call plays that didn't involve guys making an effort and executing, do you honestly have faith that this coaching staff is properly evaluating and coaching this QB roster?

No. Absolutely not. But perhaps one of the freshmen QB will not make the instinctual mistakes JG makes and maybe, just maybe, will show just enough mojo to make a few plays that JG isn’t making

Reactions: Woke
So the backup is better....... How do we know this? We know this staff can evaluate players. If they didn't believe based on reps, film sessions and other means that JG was the best option he wouldn't be out there.

If the backup doesn't stand out by those means then he likely isn't going to produce better on the field. Unless you catch lightning in a bottle and end up with some gamer like a Manziel. It can happen but not very likely.

Bottom line is the entire team wasn't prepared to play Saturday. Impossible to put that on one guy as many of you are doing with JG. He was bad yesterday for sure, so were others on the offense, the defense was absolutely atrocious. If he struggles again against BYU then I think you yet another option to spark something.

My concern is that while the offense is fixable with some tweaking incline a possible change at qb, the issue on defense is a personnel issue, we don't have the meat in the middle and zero pass rush with green backers.

I'm going to disagree with you somewhat about QB play...I can't explain it but it is true that sometimes the lights come on for a QB in real time game play......
I'd love to see us try it....team might actually catch a spark...QB might actually improvise and make a play and light the whole team up...give them a chance...it might catch fire...

Why in Haiti not play on of the younger ones. JG has yet to show he can lead and make plays when things break down. His is not reactionary enough, we have nothing to lose by playing the other 2. GBO!

Reactions: tbones0711
Blaming JG for the woes of this program is like blaming your shirt for not protecting you when a lion bit your arm off.

Reactions: VolAllen
Blaming JG for the woes of this program is like blaming your shirt for not protecting you when a lion bit your arm off.

Lots of blame to go around...a whole off season of blame....but JG is being managed to win more games than losses...he is still robotic and you know it...Good QB's improvise and you know it....Sometimes the player never is able to transition from the High School to college game even though they were fantastic in high school

Lots of blame to go around...a whole off season of blame....but JG is being managed to win more games than losses...he is still robotic and you know it...Good QB's improvise and you know it....Sometimes the player never is able to transition from the High School to college game even though they were fantastic in high school

Yet I don’t see anyone blaming Marcus Tatum or Aubrey Solomon or Nigel Warrior or Trevon Flowers or anyone else that played like ****. Only the QB players wise 🤷🏻‍♀🤔🤔🤔

Some of my buds and I... instead of an away UT game that we have been attending for the last 12 years or so... are going to the Citadel/VMI game this year.

Go Bulldogs!

Shut your mouth. Go Keydets!

No we need another Majors or Saban type, somebody who will get in your face and cuss you out, somebody the players both fear and respect.
you living in the past.....they'll hit the portal in a heartbeat.

Yet I don’t see anyone blaming Marcus Tatum or Aubrey Solomon or Nigel Warrior or Trevon Flowers or anyone else that played like ****. Only the QB players wise 🤷🏻‍♀🤔🤔🤔
He wasn't leading the defensive side of the ball...JG can only answer for the offensive side...

Because clearly bad play gets everyone benched on the roster except the QB.

Then again, I could see, for example, this stupid coach actually thinking Tim Jordan is a better option than Chandler or even Grey. What I think is going on is every position is held accountable on this team except the quarterback. See Chandler being benched after his fumble and we've seen several times through 13 games Pruitt pull DBs right after mistakes.

you living in the past.....they'll hit the portal in a heartbeat.
Goodbye and good luck hope the door doesn’t hit them in the ass otw out. There’s nothing “past” about disciplined play and being your 5 star best every game out. If thats true just fold up the tent

Until today, he has shown his behavior when he gets comfortable. The super slow offensive approach and short throws were beyond conservative. At first I was thinking are we just kind of imposing our will? Or we going through a short yard walk through pretend game to see who we want? Pruitt thought he could figure out a lineup shooting from the hip. Big mistake. Put the Freshman Qb in. Competition is supposed to be figured out by now.
yeah that was a major mistake. he's being apprehensive and it cost him. we'll benefit from it as fans because we'll know in the next two weeks if he and the rest of the coaches realize it and make the correction. Have to start our best 5 on the line and stick with that 5 no ifs,ands, or buts. that a good place to start. need Thompson re-instated and Bituli back running the D.

The part about getting paid by Alabama on the side with sarcasm. However the rest of what I was saying is very true. I don't think he cares. I do think he grew up hating Tennessee as anybody playing for Alabama would. And I do not think you can turn emotions on and off like a light switch. He just doesn't seem upset at all
Yeah and Dabo doesn't care about Clemson.

Reactions: Trent4Pruitt4life
I know it has never happened and will never happen but I would someday like to see a coach take full responsibility for such a significant loss by returning to the school at least one-twelfth of his salary for the year.

It wasn't all his fault, so perhaps the assistants could do likewise.

Reactions: JokermanVol
I honestly feel like they game planned to experiment instead of to beat the team in front of us and it backfired. No excuse no matter what.
I think you are very right. The coaches wrongly felt this was a cakewalk and planned to play a lot of players to feel them out. It blew up in their faces and as a result they're all dumb-azzes now and that's what they deserve to be called. Here's how you do it. You grade out the players in fall camp and you start the best. If you're sitting on a 3TD lead going into the 4th qtr. then you start any experimenting. That's how it oughta work and I don't know why Pruitt would deviate from that plan. Simply put he took Ga. St. for granted and this shows his weakness as a HC. Now he has a bigger mess on his hands and I hope he's learned something in the least.

Reactions: tennvols77
The last sentence about Alabama paying him is more or less sarcasm. However I wouldn't completely rule it out. I stand by the rest of it.
Why don't you quit posting? You are about as ignorant as those your attempting to portray as ignorant in the 1st place.

I know from 2nd person relationship that Jason Witten’s dream job is to be the HC at TN. Now, that’s obviously many years away and we don’t know if he can even coach but we need someone who truly wants to be here AND understands the game and can coach football.
His brother is doing good at Eliabethton HS but they may be class 3A in TN. but good for their size school. Better to come up thru the ranks to get a HC'ing gig though.

The entire defense was trash, unimaginably so given who our HC and DC are, but that still doesn't change the fact that we couldn't outscore Georgia State, and that our coaching staff didn't trust JG to convert on 4th and 1 against the bottom of the Sunbelt.

Reactions: tbones0711
This shocks me. How are you not in shape?? You’ve had an entire month of workouts??
The damn heat and that "cold trailer" they've been flocking to during practice. I think it spoils them myself because I bet UF ain't doing it. The hotter the better if you are a gator.

Change QBs? Actually have a QB competition in the spring/fall to determine the QB? Choose the QB based off of his ability to make QB decisions rather than seniority and QBR?

It's not rocket science.
We need OLine continuity 1st and foremost before we can even think about changing QB's but if worse comes to worse JG is gonna take a hard lick and have to miss some plays again this year. The 2 back-ups need to be ready. Since we changed OC's JT has essentially missed a year,( under Helton), so him and Mauer are even. Hill could be ready by mid-season but be somewhat limited. Seems we're stuck with JG for awhile.

VN Store

Back