Pruitts attitude is completely unacceptable

He probably regrets kicking the white board and purposely stayed more in control. Nobody would care about that crap if we had just played a halfway decent game.

He's an Alabama guy that went to Alabama and coached for Alabama... the only reason he would care is how this affects his coaching trajectory. Otherwise, why would he care about being the hand leading his lifetime most hated program into the furthest depths of mediocrity?

I would relish the chance to be paid millions to lead Bama or Florida to losing to a SunBelt team that went 2-10 the previous year.
Not sure he went to any classes as a student at Alabama. He is such a dumbass and represents Tn so poorly in every way.

So I’ve started 2 threads asking questions about inside information of internal conflict we aren’t privy to knowing as well as Coach Pruitts personality (the man behind the coaching aura). Now I have another question for any insiders:

How did Pruitt go from crying during a press conference after a loss to Georgia last year to seeming simply apathetic this past Saturday?

What has drastically changed in a short amount of time? I get it people change over time but to go from being “all in” to detached? Who from the UT donor base got to him? What is it?

Reactions: Titan05
So I’ve started 2 threads asking questions about inside information of internal conflict we aren’t privy to knowing as well as Coach Pruitts personality (the man behind the coaching aura). Now I have another question for any insiders:

How did Pruitt go from crying during a press conference after a loss to Georgia last year to seeming simply apathetic this past Saturday?

What has drastically changed in a short amount of time? I get it people change over time but to go from being “all in” to detached? Who from the UT donor base got to him? What is it?
Nothing has changed. We will be fine

I literally don’t understand the response. Can you elaborate?
I was being sarcastic. Saturday like I've stated many times didn't add up to why we gave little effort and I really believe they were simply expecting to go into the game with very little preparation and treat it as a tune up for the freshman to get playing time.

I’m not ready to give up on the coaches just yet! The season just began l think we turn things around this week and finish with a winning record. GBO

Having worked for Saban, he seems to have none of the drive.

Saban will chew out a player publically in the middle of a game who committed a stupid penalty when Alabama is up 45-0 because his expectations of perfection and discipline demand that he do so.

Reactions: lifeVol
“Our kids were ready to play “ “Sun coming up tomorrow” .. Yep CJP actually just said that
The "ready to play" comment is what stunned me the most. This team was the furthest thing from ready to play both in terms of motivation and knowing what their opponent was going to throw at them. There was zero sense of urgency, plus the defense in particular looked baffled at what Georgia St's offense was throwing at them. It seemed as if they had no idea they ran the option, as if they didn't look at one second of film on them.

I think the defense was clueless on 2 fronts - 1) they had no idea what Georgia St was doing and 2) they had no idea what their own assignments were.

It's funny that last year Pruitt was criticized for kicking the marker board now he's criticized for not caring enough. Which will it be bad temper or no emotion?

Reactions: tennvols77
The "ready to play" comment is what stunned me the most. This team was the furthest thing from ready to play both in terms of motivation and knowing what their opponent was going to throw at them. There was zero sense of urgency, plus the defense in particular looked baffled at what Georgia St's offense was throwing at them. It seemed as if they had no idea they ran the option, as if they didn't look at one second of film on them.

I think the defense was clueless on 2 fronts - 1) they had no idea what Georgia St was doing and 2) they had no idea what their own assignments were.

our kids were ready to play = coach speak for "It's not the coach's fault"

Reactions: Bluetic
It's funny that last year Pruitt was criticized for kicking the marker board now he's criticized for not caring enough. Which will it be bad temper or no emotion?

the people criticising him for kicking a whiteboard should be forced to dig their own graves. they are most likely the people who say Pruitt needs 5-7 years to rebuild the team.

our kids were ready to play = coach speak for "It's not the coach's fault"
Except ultimately he did say it was his fault. Perhaps he thought he should throw that in given how bad of a loss this was. He and his staff had this team about as unprepared as they could possibly be - it was as if there was no spring or fall camp and they all just showed up at the stadium on Saturday to play a game. They were more underprepared than any of Butch's teams were going into any game.

Did something that hasn't been made public happen within the team after the Kentucky game? This team had fight until then... weren't necessarily playing well but they were playing hard. Something drastic changed.

Reactions: Titan05
Sometimes I wonder if his lack of emotions was due to complete shock at what transpired on the field.

VN Store

Back