Pruitt cancels scrimmage (due to covid-related absences and injuries)

I would and we had a really bad flu season in 2018 that killed 60,000 Americans I believe so the flu is dangerous to all age groups. But we have a flu vaccine it doesn’t completely eradicate of course but it controls it much like the Covid vaccine will do for it lord willing. I just don’t see certain things that we used to enjoy doing going back to normal until we a vaccine for this it’s not going to burn out and we can’t use herd immunity on it unless you want 5 million or more dead. It’s just sad and unfortunate that politics have divided us in this country over it. It’s science this virus doesn’t play favorites or the race card we have seen all types of people get it from celebrities to politicians to homeless people.
We've had flu vaccines for decades. 60k people still died. A vaccine was available, 60k still died. A vaccine doesn't make this go away.

No I’m not there have been numerous young people under 30 to die of Covid that were otherwise healthy. There hasn’t been a great number of them but there has been some. Nobody knows how their body will react to this virus odds are if your in good health and young you will just have mild symptoms if any but there are outliers.
Just stop. Your act is tired and old.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Football teams need to stop testing everyone all the time. It's dumb. We have now had about a third of our team test positive anyways, and now we have a third of our team that have immunity.....if the tests are even accurate.

A better idea is if you feel sick, then you go get tested. Testing all the time is dumb, quarantining healthy people is the dumbest thing ever.

I think those that want to cancel the season may still get their wish. If they're gonna continue to test players twice a week, cancel practice when a handful of them come down with it, and quarantine dozens of others just because they were around those players, I see no way they're going to be able to make it through a season.

Reactions: Pacer92
Funny I provided a link for my BS which did not mention 4 strains...yet you have not shown any proof
No, what is funny is that I posted a direct quote from the CDC, and you responded to it. Remember this?

This is from the CDC: "Most flu vaccines in the United States protect against four different flu viruses (“quadrivalent”); an influenza A (H1N1) virus, an influenza A (H3N2) virus, and two influenza B viruses."

You posted an fake data point, and I proved it wrong. Just admit you were wrong, and get over it.

My point is nothing more than to share truth. Vaccines are not God. They don't save everyone. I'm 42 and never had the flu. Until I was 30 I never had the flu vaccine even though I saw someone die from it. When I had my first child I took the vaccine and have every year since. Still haven't had the flu but my one data point doesn't mean flu vaccines are pointless or that they work.
All very interesting, but I wasn't arguing for or against any of those points. I was simply proving that the flu shot is developed with the intent to be effective against several strains as opposed to just one.

You're like one of those little brush fires that smoulders in the roots underground. Just when everyone thinks you're all tamped down, WHOOSH a new flare-up and you're back in business. Heh.

Don't mouth-breathe. This is a minor annoyance. Not a season ender. Not a major disruption. Not a big deal. Some fellas are injuried, some fellas got the flu (the Wuhan flu, not influenza), and some fellas got told to sit out because of contact tracing.

The good news: this is 7 or 8 more fellas who are going to have immunity through the season. We're getting stronger, not weaker, if you think about it.

Hard for me to call infected with Covid good news. I hope there is no permanent lung damage. A compromised respiratory system can make 5* talent practice squad talent.

I’ve got a flu shot since I was a kid and I haven’t had the flu since I was a kid and I’m 42 now. So yea I believe the flu shot makes a difference.
I’m just the opposite. I’ve only gotten a flu shot once in my life. I’m 53. I very seldom get sick. When I do, it’s mostly allergy related (rag weed). Ironically, 3-4 days after getting said flu shot I did get sick. The Dr. was perplexed. I believe my immune system is stronger because I don’t run to the Dr. every time my nose runs.

I think those that want to cancel the season may still get their wish. If they're gonna continue to test players twice a week, cancel practice when a handful of them come down with it, and quarantine dozens of others just because they were around those players, I see no way they're going to be able to make it through a season.
Schools are on the same path. The protocol is destined to fail. It's amazing: other countries have managed to educate their children without a problem, and some never even shut down, without incurring any increase in pediatric mortality.

Reactions: VolSteve
Hard for me to call infected with Covid good news. I hope there is no permanent lung damage. A compromised respiratory system can make 5* talent practice squad talent.
Do you not understand that being exposed and clearing the virus is exactly how we gain immunity? Young, healthy people are not at any significant risk of long-term complications. Stop spreading misinformed fear.

I’m just the opposite. I’ve only gotten a flu shot once in my life. I’m 53. I very seldom get sick. When I do, it’s mostly allergy related (rag weed). Ironically, 3-4 days after getting said flu shot I did get sick. The Dr. was perplexed. I believe my immune system is stronger because I don’t run to the Dr. every time my nose runs.
You and I are alot alike .I am 53 and have missed 5 or 6 days of work in 30 years due to being sick. I've also never taken the flu shot.

Do you not understand that being exposed and clearing the virus is exactly how we gain immunity? Young, healthy people are not at any significant risk of long-term complications. Stop spreading misinformed fear.
Not spreading fear, just facts, I am very well aware of how immunity is acquired , and know it is not lifelong, maybe only days. Otherwise I would not have had cholera every 6 months or tetanus annually. To state young people will not have complications is pure B.S.

Reactions: 08Vol
No, what is funny is that I posted a direct quote from the CDC, and you responded to it. Remember this?

This is from the CDC: "Most flu vaccines in the United States protect against four different flu viruses (“quadrivalent”); an influenza A (H1N1) virus, an influenza A (H3N2) virus, and two influenza B viruses."

You posted an fake data point, and I proved it wrong. Just admit you were wrong, and get over it.
Oh. Ya got me...congrats. you win the internet....your award will be mailed to your mommies basement!!!

Half the team flagged by contact tracing a week after an on-campus protest that most of the team attended.

You figured it out. If the team was just as racist as you and the people that liked this comment then none of the players would have been close to the players who tested positive. Funny how you think it’s ok for them to practice around each other but not to have a life of any kind together outside of football.

Reactions: ohhbother
You figured it out. If the team was just as racist as you and the people that liked this comment then none of the players would have been close to the players who tested positive. Funny how you think it’s ok for them to practice around each other but not to have a life of any kind together outside of football.
Why is it rasict to not believe in a self promoted Marxist organization like BLM, and or disagree with ideas that are statically incorrect??? Thats his opinion

South Carolina poster who seems to be in the know said they had 70-80 people “scrimmage” yesterday and only about 36 on offense due to contact tracing. Also said 80 might have been a stretch.

We aren’t the only school dealing with this and won’t be the last. Auburn barely practiced in the last two weeks but seems like they are getting things under control.

Oh. Ya got me...congrats. you win the internet....your award will be mailed to your mommies basement!!!
Keep digging, Bubba! My "mommy" never had a basement, and she passed several years ago. Maybe you could just drop it off at the location of your choosing. You can usually find me in my field or wood shop. Just let me know!

Reactions: whodeycin85
I worry about a player like Trey getting this with his clotting issues. I’m more concerned about lives and health than football. More than any other country in the world we have the most screwed up priorities in the US.
I know your last sentence here is straight outta your ass.

Why is it rasict to not believe in a self promoted Marxist organization like BLM, and or disagree with ideas that are statically incorrect??? Thats his opinion

And opinions can be racist. BLM was an idea before a radical group formed and tried to take ownership of the idea. The players were marching for the idea, not the group. Most of the protests going on across the country are for the idea, not the group. If you hate the idea of the players marching in support of an idea then you either hate the idea, or you hate the people doing the protesting, or you hate the people being in close proximity, or you hate peaceful protests. I assume posters on this board don’t hate Vols players, and I assume they support practice so they don’t hate the idea of players being in close proximity, and I assume they don’t hate rights guaranteed by the Constitution. The only remaining option is that they hate the idea.

And opinions can be racist. BLM was an idea before a radical group formed and tried to take ownership of the idea. The players were marching for the idea, not the group. Most of the protests going on across the country are for the idea, not the group. If you hate the idea of the players marching in support of an idea then you either hate the idea, or you hate the people doing the protesting, or you hate the people being in close proximity, or you hate peaceful protests. I assume posters on this board don’t hate Vols players, and I assume they support practice so they don’t hate the idea of players being in close proximity, and I assume they don’t hate rights guaranteed by the Constitution. The only remaining option is that they hate the idea.
100% this. BLM as a "philosophy" is much different than the group that calls itself BLM!

So why not distance yourself from the group...BLM the organization has hurt " black live matter" more then anyone else....so chanting that slogan only show people you support BLM... and what about the stats that show police brutality isnt just a race issue??? Does that matter or just an agenda??

Reactions: Boca Vol
So why not distance yourself from the group...BLM the organization has hurt " black live matter" more then anyone else....so chanting that slogan only show people you support BLM... and what about the stats that show police brutality isnt just a race issue??? Does that matter or just an agenda??

Exactly, what if some people started a group called "Kinship for Kindness and Knowledge" and shortened it to KKK? I'm pretty sure they would soon change their name or not use KKK in their marketing materials.

LETS say for months straight the Tennessee Volunteers are promoted by the MSM in a negative fashion and are violent group....

Someone says the volunteer are horrible and I don't like them...your response is you hate volunteers. They are just helping people....
BLM vs black live matter....
VOLUNTEERS vs volunteers

Organization vs idea...

You either separate the idea froma negative Organization or you dont and cry when the 2 are associated.....makes nonsense

Reactions: Boca Vol
No I’m not there have been numerous young people under 30 to die of Covid that were otherwise healthy. There hasn’t been a great number of them but there has been some. Nobody knows how their body will react to this virus odds are if your in good health and young you will just have mild symptoms if any but there are outliers.
You don't shut down the world leading economy because of outliers. The "numerous young people" is essentially zero when viewed in the overall statistics. Those dying under 15yo are so low as to not even register

VN Store

Back