Pruitt cancels scrimmage (due to covid-related absences and injuries)

Tennessee just released the practice video on Twitter and it looks like the ones are all there from what I see. Part of me wonders if they didn’t do it to solely focus one the players that will actually play the other day.

There are going to be games cancelled throughout the year throughout college football. That or teams playing very short handed. If contract tracing is enforced it is unavoidable.
Not really. A kid with immunity doesn't have to quarantine.

The more immune players we have, the stronger we are for the season.

Go Vols!

You're like one of those little brush fires that smoulders in the roots underground. Just when everyone thinks you're all tamped down, WHOOSH a new flare-up and you're back in business. Heh.

Don't mouth-breathe. This is a minor annoyance. Not a season ender. Not a major disruption. Not a big deal. Some fellas are injuried, some fellas got the flue (the Wuhan flu, not influenza), and some fellas got told to sit out because of contact tracing.

The good news: this is 7 or 8 more fellas who are going to have immunity through the season. We're getting stronger, not weaker, if you think about it.
I worry about a player like Trey getting this with his clotting issues. I’m more concerned about lives and health than football. More than any other country in the world we have the most screwed up priorities in the US.

Reactions: NashVol11 and 08Vol
I worry about a player like Trey getting this with his clotting issues. I’m more concerned about lives and health than football. More than any other country in the world we have the most screwed up priorities in the US.
That’s Trey’s choice (and I’m sure his doctors have had a say as well). I don’t understand when people say this. Everyone would understand if he sat out, but as of now he is choosing not to.

I don't think these regular 3x per week tests are for anti-bodies, only for active virus. So those 7 or 8 who tested positive, they tested positive for having the virus now.

As for whether they feel sick, whether they have any symptoms, haven't seen any mention of that.
To clarify: PCR does NOT test for active virus. It only looks for the presence of a defined stretch of genetic material. The positive cutoff rate is arbitrary and determined by individual labs. There is growing concern that labs are running too many cycles, resulting in high false-positive rates.

It is important to keep in mind that a positive PCR absolutely DOES NOT MEAN that a person is necessarily ill nor contagious.

Unless you put every team in a bubble like the NBA did. This football season will not work too many Covid interruptions and more players and good ones at that are going to keep opting out. The good news a vaccine will be ready to roll out in November and by mid 2021 everybody in the US should be able to get one.

What did Trey himself say about playing ?

This is an unbelievable take. Knowing what we do about CTE and the other risks of playing a contact sport, you're going to say that you are more concerned about lives and health than football? You are aware that CV19 is significantly less dangerous than head and neck injuries, yes?

You mean like overprotecting people from living their lives as they see fit?

But
This is an unbelievable take. Knowing what we do about CTE and the other risks of playing a contact sport, you're going to say that you are more concerned about lives and health than football? You are aware that CV19 is significantly less dangerous than head and neck injuries, yes?
. But CV19 is a added risk that wasn’t there before. My dad is a doctor he has seen a 27 year old with no compromising health issues die from of Covid and a 29 year old.

Reactions: 08Vol
Curious to see how the NFL with better testing procedures and resources will handle it once the season starts.

But
. But CV19 is a added risk that wasn’t there before. My dad is a doctor he has seen a 27 year old with no compromising health issues die from of Covid and a 29 year old.

We didn't know near as much about CTE even 10-15 years ago. His point still stands.

Do you think you know what’s best for trey smith or do you think he is intelligent enough to make his own decisions?
. Of course Trey is a man and can make his own decision to play but I would sit this season out if I were him and not take any chances and get ready for the NFL next year but Trey is a true VFL I respect that.

If Trey got it and got very sick or god forbid died how would you feel?? Do you care about Trey the human being? or Trey the Tenn football player?
I for one would be sad...but if you have health issues and know that covid could affect you...yet you still choose to engage in that activity thats on him....

A 27 year old with no compromising health issues, dying of covid alone??? You're a liar
No I’m not there have been numerous young people under 30 to die of Covid that were otherwise healthy. There hasn’t been a great number of them but there has been some. Nobody knows how their body will react to this virus odds are if your in good health and young you will just have mild symptoms if any but there are outliers.

VN Store

Back