Pruitt cancels scrimmage (due to covid-related absences and injuries)

44 with covid. Says we probably won’t get all of our practices in now. Already a main story on ESPN
It’s not 44 who actually have covid. Most are just quarantined because of contract tracing, according to what I’ve seen. And some are injured. It’s still a massive number though.

Tennessee had planned to hold its first preseason scrimmage this week, first aiming for Wednesday and then hoping for one on Saturday, but Covid-19 has had other ideas. Head coach Jeremy Pruitt said the Vols had a regular practice at Neyland Stadium on Saturday because a total of 44 players were absent with many of them dealing with contract-tracing quarantines and others sitting out with injuries. Pruitt said Tennessee had 30 offensive players available on Saturday with several absences on the offensive line and at wide receiver. —247

It’s not 44 who actually have COVID. Those numbers weren’t identified. Most are just quarantined because if contract tracing, according to what I’ve seen.

Tennessee had planned to hold its first preseason scrimmage this week, first aiming for Wednesday and then hoping for one on Saturday, but Covid-19 has had other ideas. Head coach Jeremy Pruitt said the Vols had a regular practice at Neyland Stadium on Saturday because a total of 44 players were absent with many of them dealing with contract-tracing quarantines and others sitting out with injuries. Pruitt said Tennessee had 30 offensive players available on Saturday with several absences on the offensive line and at wide receiver. —247
Ah yes I see. Hate to lose the practices.

Said it was 7-8 positives.
Thanks, I had just seen the scroll on CBS sports but read the linked story now too. Also saw TCU canceled their upcoming game for the same reasons.

44 with covid. Says we probably won’t get all of our practices in now. Already a main story on ESPN.
Not 44 with covid. Not even 44 related to covid, though that's closer to the truth.

Pruitt said "seven or eight" players have tested positive, and 27 to 28 are currently out due to contact tracing, while a number of others are dealing with injuries.

44 == 7 or 8 Covid positive ... 27 or 28 contact tracing quarantine ... 9 dealing with injuries. More are injured than covid-positive, GetEm. Gotta be careful with your words, man, they mean things.

Go Vols!

It’s already being disingenuously discussed on social media by talking heads. Practically no one is talking about the most important detail, which is that it’s not 44 positive COVD players its a mixture with most being out due to contact tracing.

Of course Pat Fourty-Head is already parroting that number with no context and people are blowing up about it.

Not 44 with covid. Not even 44 related to covid, though that's closer to the truth.

Pruitt said "seven or eight" players have tested positive, and 27 to 28 are currently out due to contact tracing, while a number of others are dealing with injuries.

44 == 7 or 8 Covid positive ... 27 or 28 contact tracing quarantine ... 9 dealing with injuries. More are injured than covid-positive, GetEm. Gotta be careful with your words, man, they mean things.

Go Vols!
He edited it. 😬

That’s a lot of bodies to be missing though.

CBS Sports Network is running on their ticket that UT cancelled a scrimmage today after 44 players needed to self isolate after positive tests and contact tracing. Pruitt said "only 7-8" positive cases. I haven't seen this on Twitter or any other news outlet. Anyone know anymore information?

Are they actually sick??? Or just testing positive for antibodies
I don't think these regular 3x per week tests are for anti-bodies, only for active virus. So those 7 or 8 who tested positive, they tested positive for having the virus now.

As for whether they feel sick, whether they have any symptoms, haven't seen any mention of that.

I don't think these regular 3x per week tests are for anti-bodies, only for active virus. So those 7 or 8 who tested positive, they tested positive for having the virus now.
Just curious after the washingtimes releases that article about the testing and 90% positive testvare actually negative....

I talked with a friend yesterday who told me he had been home for a week because he tested positive along with 5 others on his work team. Absolutely no symptoms from anyone but they all had NO CHOICE but to go home and stay there (they are government employees). Said it kinda feels like stealing. His son is getting ready to start his college baseball career but had to be tested before he could report. He's afraid he'll show positive as well. Something weird is going on....

Why are we playing this year again ? So stupid just come back next season after we have a vaccine. Games will have to be moved or canceled because so many players will have to sit out or quarentine for two weeks makes no sense to try and play this fall and this season will absolutely be a write off and not legitimate I don’t care what anybody says that it will. And it’s only a matter of time before a player gets seriously sick or dies or a coach does. Greed for money over lives everytime in this country sad to see.

There are going to be games cancelled throughout the year throughout college football. That or teams playing very short handed. If contract tracing is enforced it is unavoidable.

Tennessee just released the practice video and it looks like the ones are all there from what I see. Part of me wonders if they didn’t do it to solely focus one the players that will actually play the other day.

Why are we playing this year again ? So stupid just come back next season after we have a vaccine. Games will have to be moved or canceled because so many players will have to sit out or quarentine for two weeks makes no sense to try and play this fall. It’s only a matter of time before a player gets seriously sick or dies or a coach does. Greed for money over lives everytime in this country sad to see.
You're like one of those little brush fires that smoulders in the roots underground. Just when everyone thinks you're all tamped down, WHOOSH a new flare-up and you're back in business. Heh.

Don't mouth-breathe. This is a minor annoyance. Not a season ender. Not a major disruption. Not a big deal. Some fellas are injuried, some fellas got the flu (the Wuhan flu, not influenza), and some fellas got told to sit out because of contact tracing.

The good news: this is 7 or 8 more fellas who are going to have immunity through the season. We're getting stronger, not weaker, if you think about it.

VN Store

Back