Other OC’s we’d be happy with

Will Friend will be just fine, after all look what he did for the Oline:)

Sammy the Sloth!
Anyone who was OC at Kansas or Vandy from the 70's - 90's.
Jeff Fisher: Look what he did for the Rams offense before Sean McVay.

We could put Freeze and Petrino on the same staff and Neyland wood be like the Playboy Mansion!

Freeze
Chaney/Pittman (commence bidding war)
Enos
Canada
Drinkwitz

That's a great list to start with. I would add a few diamonds in the rough:

Mike Yurcich: OKst OC
Kenny Dillingham: Memphis OC
Mike Lynch: Syracuse OC (worked for Dino Baber at Bowling Green too) Spread Offense though

I think everyone has hit the majors here. Freeze, Canada, Enos, Briles. I think those four are probably the best you can chase after. If we were to promote from within, I like coach O a lot better than I do Friend. It would be fun to see how he could implement his bolt offense into our conference. I am less concerned about not getting Freeze and more concerned with who does get him. I want a competent OC that Pruitt can trust enough to hand it over to him. Also, I think with any of the above listed for OC (or any not listed), we will need an QB with a high football IQ. The way the game is played now, there is a lot of assessment that needs to happen before the ball is snapped. This is not at all a JG bash. He may very well be the guy that can run it.

I know I will get blasted, but I have looked and only seen his name mentioned one time,
Former Vol, Randy Sanders.
Didn’t he and Pruitt coach together in 2013?
Now he definitely wouldn’t be my first choice, or 2nd, 3rd or 4th but seeing as the coaching carousel is starting to spin out of control, UT may be down to the 5th or 6th choice.
I’ll hang up and listen to your comments

It will be Urban Meyer he’s retiring due to stress from head coaching now he can just concentrate on offense with less stress

I don’t think we need to completely change our offensive system. It was decent. What hurt us most was being way too conservative in the first half of the season. We were afraid to throw the ball and were really predictable.

I would be happy with almost any NFL coach as a coordinator. Someone who can run a prostyle offense but can scheme run lanes and WRs open better using the whole field.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
I honestly think Freeze might already have a deal in principle we're just waiting for the SEC Commissioner's office to process the paperwork of reinstatement and it is taking forever. Just a guess of course

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
But, uhh, Valdosta St is doing it with their talent, not ours. TALENT IS RELATIVE. High scoring at any level (relative to their own scoring ranks) still means something.
It amazes me that people continually can’t arrive at that very conclusion on their own.

I don’t think we need to completely change our offensive system. It was decent. What hurt us most was being way too conservative in the first half of the season. We were afraid to throw the ball and were really predictable.

I would be happy with almost any NFL coach as a coordinator. Someone who can run a prostyle offense but can scheme run lanes and WRs open better using the whole field.
We couldn't throw the ball because our line couldn't block long enough to get a pass away.

I kinda want Freddie Kitchens. I really just want him because of how we address our coaches on VN. From his hiring, he would then be FK. During the season we would be like:
FK, that was a great play call
FK, what was he thinking?
FK, he can confuse a defense.

tenor.gif

Reactions: UTFAN423
The more I look into him, I’d be ok with Rush Propst. He would invigorate this offense. And not to mention would be a phenomenal recruiter.

VN Store

Back