Other OC’s we’d be happy with

What's going to be entertaining when it's all said and done is the spin this staff is going to try and put on the hire and the process it took. It will be comical.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I mean we could all keep selling it to ourselves and pretend we'd believe it again because nothing else does any good,
but if we have to do that job it's because someone else didn't think their job was worth the eff

The longer this goes the worse it is for us. I felt good a week ago. Not now. Got a bad feeling.
Think I'm in the same boat as you.

I can imagine being in CJPs or ADPFs shoes knowing you're going to break the news that wont make most fans very happy. I'd wait as long as possible as well. Fans will tire of the "search" and maybe not break out the pitchforks and torches.

Hope I'm wrong and its simply high level negatiations going on.

The only issue I have with Canada is he doesn't tend to stay in the same place very long. Over the past decade, he's been at seven different schools.

The suspicious side of me thinks there's a reason for that.

Well you can see it in his offenses. The dude is shifty. lol.

(Just some comedic relief there and not a slam on MC)

Looks like we missed on Will Healy by 12 hours or so today?
People can laugh.....but Charlotte got a heck of a coach and a great person to be around . He made The Peay relevant! That takes an act of Congress.
Lots of schools passed on him last yr and will regret it, but I totally understand why.

People can laugh.....but Charlotte got a heck of a coach and a great person to be around . He made The Peay relevant! That takes an act of Congress.
Lots of schools passed on him last yr and will regret it, but I totally understand why.

Oh no laughing here. What he did just his 2nd year at Peay is something else.

My picks from those mentioned that I could live with:
1 Freeze (as much as anything bc it would signify a tangible commitment to winning by our AD)
2 Canada
3 Enos
Just my guess, and this is no solid source info, but, to me, logic says that this should come down pretty fast since Bama OC is gone to MD. If Freeze takes Bama job, we take Enos. IF Bama promotes Enos, we take Freeze... But, then again, logic seems to be out the window, so....

Reactions: OneVolNation
Maybe some names that aren't running across our board, but worth atleast looking at....
Not saying "hire one of these guys right now" as I think Hugh Freeze is our first, second, and third best option. BUT... given our general direction of "screw this up and let some other school without all the chaotic disorganization hire him", these are some names moving on down the list a little that may be worth atleast looking at.

Scottie Montgomery- Former East Carolina head coach, was David Cutcliffe's OC at Duke prior to getting a shot as East Carolina head coach)

Mike Yurcich- Has been at Oklahoma State for the last five years, set a bunch of offensive records

Mike Jenks- Prior to a stint as Bowling Green's head coach, he was Running Backs/OC at Texas Tech under Kliff Kingsbury who actually produced a 1,000 rusher/lead the Big 12 in rushing. In a system that values the pass, he made a solid running game.

Bruce Arians- Not bloody likely, but the answer is always "no" to those who don't ask

Mark Helfrich- Currently with the Chicago Bears, wouldn't hurt to ask if he has any interest in returning to the college game

Darrell Bevell- One bad play call stains his resume, but if you remove that one play he is the guy who 1.) Saw what Russell Wilson could become, and 2.) Otherwise turned Seattle into a stud offense in the NFL. Still pretty young, and brings some NFL know-how.

VN Store

Back