Other OC’s we’d be happy with

Why don't we hire Pinson Valley, Alabama head coach Patrick Nix. He has been OC at Ga. Tech, pre-Johnson, OC at Miami, and has a 4-star QB son named Bo and a little brother, Caleb, following right behind. Oh, his team is in the 6A state finals for the 2nd straight year after winning it a year ago. That should give you guys something to talk about and think about.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Why don't we hire Pinson Valley, Alabama head coach Patrick Nix. He has been OC at Ga. Tech, pre-Johnson, OC at Miami, and has a 4-star QB son named Bo and a little brother, Caleb, following right behind. Oh, his team is in the 6A state finals for the 2nd straight year after winning it a year ago. That should give you guys something to talk about and think about.

Is he the Patrick Nix from Auburn?
QB?

Lets hire this coach as OC and let him install the most beautiful offense ever invented...Bear Bryant once said it was the most unstoppable offense he had ever seen...

Reactions: give_him 6
I kinda want Freddie Kitchens. I really just want him because of how we address our coaches on VN. From his hiring, he would then be FK. During the season we would be like:
FK, that was a great play call
FK, what was he thinking?
FK, he can confuse a defense.

Kiffin or Freeze are the only 2 id be hyped for. Everyone else would have to prove it. So I’m guess I’m waiting to see who gets to prove it.

If we don’t hire Freeze, I’m done. The only salvage hire would be Matt Canada.

If it’s someone other than them two, I’m done

Reactions: DWright39
I don't know who runs the offense for Valdosta St or what system they run, but they average over 8yrds per play and can put up some points

54 ppg. Kerwin Bell. He interviewed for oc of Florida 2011. Maybe muschamp should have hired him...

35 ppg last year. 4 of his last 7 seasons put up 35 or more.

Canada without a doubt.

Don't like for a few reasons:

1) unbalanced 2:1 run-pass ratio. That won't win much these days with high scoring offenses abound. Need better balance.

2) He job hops a TON. Wants to be hc right now too. This would be his 7th job since 2011. Something is not right there. He doesn't get along well or something else.

3) not that impressive stats outside of hopping into 1 big year at Pitt. Only 2 stops where he built anything his own - 4 years at Indiana and 3 at NC State. In 7 years he only had a nationally top-third offense twice, and just barely. Best of those was an offense ranked 39th out of 120 teams at 33 ppg.

Pedestrian resume.

Friend or Weinke could probably do that if it's all we're asking for is an average offense and an average team.

giphy.gif

Sounds good, but Pruitt doesn't believe in "points above all" ie the Briles system. I think he believes in avoiding extreme tempo.

I think Freeze does well at this. He is efficient but not laying waste to his D all game.

Reactions: LittleVol
Freeze and Pruitt would make a hell of a combo in my opinion. If Briles wasn’t directly involved at all in the scandal, then why wouldn’t we hire him. Just cause his dad was?

He's been implicated for sex for play. Too close to title 9 issues. Not touching him with a ten foot pole.

PLUS Pruitt would never let him run that system.

Lets hire this coach as OC and let him install the most beautiful offense ever invented...Bear Bryant once said it was the most unstoppable offense he had ever seen...

Always wondered what a blue blood could do these days in that system.

But say goodbye to blue chip recruits and ticket sales.

7 years as a D1 OC. 5 years ranked 89th or worse. Best year was 50th in scoring. Hard pass.

Reactions: Rodeo vol
If not Freeze or an NFL guy?

Tee Martin
Better resume than Enos. More modern amd balanced offense than Canada and VFL.

VN Store

Back