New Name: PJ Fleck Being Vetted

Dabo doesn’t call offensive plays either. If he motivates his players and they get better, that should matter. We need a culture if winning,
not excuses. Pruitt threw his players under the bus and it showed.

Motivating players is a good start and he has to be better than Pruitt at that. It certainly appears money was the only way he could do that.

I'd just like to see someone who can hit the ground running in recruiting a little more. Also would like to see someone with a background of higher powered offenses on board.

As far as their slump this year, they went 3-4 with 2 losses in OT. His best player was WR Rashod Bateman, who opted out. Probably could’ve used him.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Motivating players is a good start and he has to be better than Pruitt at that. It certainly appears money was the only way he could do that.

I'd just like to see someone who can hit the ground running in recruiting a little more. Also would like to see someone with a background of higher powered offenses on board.
Fair points.

Who says Texas has more resources? Who knows what resources Tennessee has beyond pure speculation, Texas is gum on the bottom of our shoe, if we wanted to win we'd get the very best option available and that was Urban Meyer, at least take a run at him all he can do is say no, and if I remember correctly he was saying how good the Tennessee job would be during his commentating, dont think I ever heard him mention Texas, that may not mean anything but it could have, too late now.
Texas has its own network... surely to god you aren’t this naive...

Hiring P.J. Fleck could help Tennessee amid investigation

Minnesota head coach P.J. Fleck could be an ideal candidate to clean up and rebuild the Tennessee program.

Fleck also has a connection with the NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions that could benefit Tennessee when presenting findings of wrongdoings to the jury.

He gives a **** about being a motivational speaker. This whole football thing happens to be the current journey that his metaphysical self is on. This in a nutshell is what I think of PJ Fleck as a coach.
Neither of us get a vote. Find out what his players think. He’s turned around two programs. That’s what is needed here. He doesn’t need to retire here, but could get this program out of the self pity mode.

Reactions: Volnidas
Fair points.

I dont hate the idea of hiring Fleck.

I couldn't stand Butch and especially Pruitt from the get go and, not that it is worth anything, I don't get the bad vibes from Fleck that I did those two.

Jones riding Kelly's coattails and talking about the best staff in America were big red flags.

The Pruitt hire, I was stunned from the get go.

I would expect Fleck to be better than either of those in short order.

He is a snake oil salesman of the highest caliber. I would take Kiffin over him, I have nothing good to say about Kiffin. But at least he does have some football related attributes. Fleck is squeaky clean and has a lot of people snowed. But that is all I have seen that makes up his appeal. It will work at a who gives a **** place like Minnesota. Bring him here and he will be pimp handed on the regular.

Reactions: Perspective
Please say no to PJ Fleck. Checking him out on YouTube, this guy is goofy. Butch Jones all over again. I just don’t see him fitting in here at all.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Yeah

I definitely give him credit for doing well at MN and resurrecting WMU before that.

Got a buddy who is WM alumni and he loves the guy.

I just think we should be aiming higher and it seems he may have hit his ceiling at MN already.
I said this yesterday and got flack for it, he’s on the list but more of a back up plan

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
Flick would be a good hire and a much better head coach than Tennessee has had but he's not at the upper part of my list of potential Tennessee head football coaches.

Fleck annoys me but who cares he’s seriously overachieved at two bad programs. I’d take him in a heartbeat. Hiring him actually shows ambition, something our decision makers have lacked for far too long

Reactions: VOLNPA
Butch 2.0, I do not want cliche's, just a ball coach.

Living in MN I can tell you fleck is much more that cliche’s. I’m sure it’s what you see in the media, because that’s easy to report, and then have folks believe.....and post. But the dude can coach, and recruit. He’s an alpha. Its high energy, but genuine. I won’t say he’d be a home run, but would bring serious respect back

I feel like he is more the guy you hire to stabilize things for 4 or 5 years than expect to compete for the East in that time frame.

PJ’s record on examination is not that bad. He went from 1-11 in his first year at Western Michigan to 13-1 in year 4. That’s pretty impressive, and he has done a similar thing at Minn. If you can go 11-2 at a school like Minnesota, you can coach.

PJ’s record on examination is not that bad. He went from 1-11 in his first year at Western Michigan to 13-1 in year 4. That’s pretty impressive, and he has done a similar thing at Minn. If you can go 11-2 at a school like Minnesota, you can coach.
The only reason people don’t like him is because he uses cliches and that reminds them of Butch. His record speaks for itself.

I do not want Fleck that guy is Butch Jones 2.0 in more ways than one. His offense at Minnesota looks identical to Butch Jones and that is a offense with a gloried running back at QB. If we want to see a offense where our QB is handicapped like Dobbs was then he is the guy and that offense is not going to work in the SEC and it will not be able to score enough points. So if you want to hire Fleck go hire Butch Jones back instead. Sonny Dykes if by any means he is the coach and we have to settle for him then from a record stand point and offensive out look he is a lot better hire than Fleck.
I don’t think so, but it doesn’t matter what you or I think. our new AD will make the decision and I will support his decision.

Living in MN I can tell you fleck is much more that cliche’s. I’m sure it’s what you see in the media, because that’s easy to report, and then have folks believe.....and post. But the dude can coach, and recruit. He’s an alpha. Its high energy, but genuine. I won’t say he’d be a home run, but would bring serious respect back
Glad there‘s a fellow Vol up hear in the great white Nort! My 6th winter in MN. Agree on Fleck: high energy, can recruit/develop, and gets the most out them

Reactions: volsofsteele

VN Store

Back