New Name: PJ Fleck Being Vetted

Butch blamed brick by brick on Gruden in his radio interview the other day. Also said the trash can has caught on and a lot of schools copied his idea

Lol how was it Gruden's fault? Did he hear Gruden say it or something.

I'm not sure it's a lot, though yeah I did see one or two schools doing it this past season. I still don't think they had a dedicated trash can dude carrying the whole game though.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
PJ Fleck is a helluva coach, not a big fan of the row the boat phrase but kids play hard for him
I have no issue with “row your boat.” That comes from the death of his infant son. The “elite” thing that he spews drives me nuts. But if he wins 10 games a year I don’t give a sh*t how many cliches he uses.

I have no issue with “row your boat.” That comes from the death of his infant son. The “elite” thing that he spews drives me nuts. But if he wins 10 games a year I don’t give a sh*t how many cliches he uses.

Exactly. It's only an issue if you're a crappy coach ala Butch Jones.

Reactions: Volnidas
Kind of fitting if we're targetting Minnesota's coach considering there was some grumblings around here in 2015 when Minnesota started their own "brick by brick" thing and people were saying they stole it from Butch.

You know....back when we still liked him....or didn't not like him yet.

Lol how was it Gruden's fault? Did he hear Gruden say it or something.

I'm not sure it's a lot, though yeah I did see one or two schools doing it this past season. I still don't think they had a dedicated trash can dude carrying the whole game though.
Apparently He was on the phone with Gruden watching them build the new steps outside the athletic facility and Gruden said you have to build a program brick by brick. That’s butchs version of how it came about anyways

SMU is a pretty solid program because of Dykes now. He had two bad years at Cal which harder to recruit to than people realize.

He went 19-30 at Cal (10-26 in the Pac-12). He had a losing season in three out of his four years, including Cal's worst ever season in his first year when they went 1-11 overall and 0-9 in the Pac-12. He shouldn't even be remotely considered for this job, and I'd gladly take a chance on a coordinator over him.

If these are the top 3 choices, we might as well roll the dice with Steele. PJ Fleck I would be okay with, but not overly excited about. The other 2, absolutely not.

VN Store

Back