NBA Finals: Who Wins?

NBA Champ?

• Boston

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Golden State

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
C's are -42 without Time Lord in this series. I was exactly half right when I said this wasn't the series for either Williams.

Dubs offensive rating with Curry on the floor = 117 points/100 possessions, which would lead the league in the regular season, vs. an all-time defense.

Without Curry = 86 points/100 possessions

Reactions: SamRebel35
If you're interested, This American Life just did an episode about fairness and in Act 2 they covered NBA officiating. The thesis is basically that there is no way NBA officiating isn't the best it's ever been. The NBA issues reports on literally every game about what calls were missed and the refs who score the best are the ones who get the most/best games, and there is transparency within the league on this. So you make more $ and earn more prestige among your peers by being the best, and it helps to eliminate calls conspiring minds would want them to call.

They also have used the data to overcome biases. For example, there was a social scientist who showed white refs gave white players better calls and black refs gave black players better calls. Once the NBA became aware of that bias, it went away. They've come a long way in eliminating the home court bias that affects refs, etc. Pretty interesting stuff.
That's interesting. And while I admit overall the game was handled well there was a key stretch in that game where it was undeniably lopsided.

An offensive player (G.S.) pushed off to create separation and there was no call. Presumably because the ref thought it was a flop/embellished. Then a series or two later there was obvious flop that was rewarded with a foul call. In between there were some no calls on GS and some questionable calls on Boston. It certainly helped to swing that game/ blow it open for GS.

That's interesting. And while I admit overall the game was handled well there was a key stretch in that game where it was undeniably lopsided.

An offensive player (G.S.) pushed off to create separation and there was no call. Presumably because the ref thought it was a flop/embellished. Then a series or two later there was obvious flop that was rewarded with a foul call. In between there were some no calls on GS and some questionable calls on Boston. It certainly helped to swing that game/ blow it open for GS.

OK, but a stretch of bad calls is expected. This is the hardest game to officiate but the bad calls tend to even out. I mean, Celtics shot twice as many free throws.

There was an offensive foul call against Curry for running into Horford's butt, and it happened because Horford stuck his butt out to clip him. That call was both odd and horrible and it was against a superstar on his home floor. It happens because they're actually trying their best and the guy didn't see Horford do what he did. The game action is quick and the rules are complicated.

OK, but a stretch of bad calls is expected. This is the hardest game to officiate but the bad calls tend to even out. I mean, Celtics shot twice as many free throws.

There was an offensive foul call against Curry for running into Horford's butt, and it happened because Horford stuck his butt out to clip him. That call was both odd and horrible and it was against a superstar on his home floor. It happens because they're actually trying their best and the guy didn't see Horford do what he did. The game action is quick and the rules are complicated.
Agreed but a stretch of bad calls that directly effects the game is a bad look, and these certainly did.

So I’m getting my haircut today and there’s a replay of G4 on TV. Imagine my surprise when I see Gary Payton II alive and in the flesh. I thought for sure dillon brooks had killed him with all that crying the warriors did.

Celtics defense is just dumb they allowed centers to guard Curry all series and went away from playing a smaller lineup which get them to the finals just completely ridiculous

Curry will only win the finals mvp because the NBA wants to help his legacy. Might also be from his scoring 10,000 points in the series, but mainly the legacy thing.
/s

Steph deserves the flowers and Finals MVP, no doubt. Top 20 player all-time, at least, maybe top 10, but I'm high, right now. So give me a day or 2 to think about

They overused the term championship DNA, but congrats to GSW.

A halfway healthy Kris Middleton and the
Bucks would have been a good match for the Warriors. Have to say also that Memphis let Golden St. off the hook, hopefully they can knock em out next year.

They overused the term championship DNA, but congrats to GSW.

A halfway healthy Kris Middleton and the
Bucks would have been a good match for the Warriors. Have to say also that Memphis let Golden St. off the hook, hopefully they can knock em out next year.

Warriors are not built to deal with Giannis. Would have been a nightmare.

Reactions: PowerT83

VN Store

Back