NBA Finals: Who Wins?

NBA Champ?

• Boston

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Golden State

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Refs letting one team play physical with no calls while holding the other to a different standard right now.

Big reason why I haven't followed the NBA as close as I used to.

Reactions: OrangeBlood4life
Refs letting one team play physical with no calls while holding the other to a different standard right now.

Oh come on let’s not pretend this hasn’t been happening since the 80’s

The BS flops from warriors and the foul calls, made me turn if off 3 minutes into 4th qtr. NBA is BS these days! Celtics should just say to hell with it and go home!

Gonna sound dumb considering they can still win the Finals and they are both under 26 but this shows Tatum and Brown are still limited against legitimately good defenses.

Wiggins MVP? Wiggins was great tonight. But offensively, his best game would be Steph's second worst of the series. Curry has been unstoppable prior to tonight.

Wiggins MVP? Wiggins was great tonight. But offensively, his best game would be Steph's second worst of the series. Curry has been unstoppable prior to tonight.

Unless Wiggins goes for 30 and Steph is in single digits for Game 6, Steph is gonna get the Kobe legacy treatment and get it

Unless Wiggins goes for 30 and Steph is in single digits for Game 6, Steph is gonna get the Kobe legacy treatment and get it

Legacy? The guy with 4 great games and the focal point of everything is straight up more valuable than the guy who had 3 really good games playing a role.

Wiggins has swung the series but nobody would care too much if Curry did 26 and 13 off 23 (mostly open) shots and we're losing our minds because Wiggins did it. That tells you everything right there.

Strategically, the C's are leaving Wiggins open and he's shooting only 25% from 3p. He's 3/18 in the last 3 games. The shooting really kills his chances. He could easily be over 20 ppg with halfway decent shooting. It's odd because rebounding is not how you would expect him to be impacting the series, and it's his biggest impact. 0.518 TS% is dog **** considering the looks he gets.

Last edited:
Gonna sound dumb considering they can still win the Finals and they are both under 26 but this shows Tatum and Brown are still limited against legitimately good defenses.

They're facing the #2 D in the league and there are only 2 players in the league right now who I feel like can show up huge basically every night (Giannis and Luka; Lebron and Durant seem to no longer be that, IMO). Brown is never going to be on that level. It's the most basic thing, but he's just not a good enough dribbler. For Tatum, it's possible, but that most elite tier is near impossible to reach so he may never get there.

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCVolunteer

If you're interested, This American Life just did an episode about fairness and in Act 2 they covered NBA officiating. The thesis is basically that there is no way NBA officiating isn't the best it's ever been. The NBA issues reports on literally every game about what calls were missed and the refs who score the best are the ones who get the most/best games, and there is transparency within the league on this. So you make more $ and earn more prestige among your peers by being the best, and it helps to eliminate calls conspiring minds would want them to call.

They also have used the data to overcome biases. For example, there was a social scientist who showed white refs gave white players better calls and black refs gave black players better calls. Once the NBA became aware of that bias, it went away. They've come a long way in eliminating the home court bias that affects refs, etc. Pretty interesting stuff.

Giannis = 35, 13, and 5 shooting a TS% of .658
Barkley = 27, 13, and 6 shooting a TS% of .544 with mostly Pippen guarding him

Gasol = 19, 9, and 2 shooting a TS% of .647 and did not win finals MVP

Wiggins = 18, 9, and 2 shooting a TS% of .518 with nobody guarding him

Credit to Wiggins tho because a wing isn't supposed to be getting 9 RPG and he's playing better D than Barkley ever did.

VN Store

Back