NBA Finals: Who Wins?

NBA Champ?

• Boston

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Golden State

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
If you watched the Rockets and Magic Finals live, Hakeem embarrassed Shaq on the offensive end. All I'm saying is : if Shaq is top 10, Hakeem should be at least top 15. Hakeem might have been even better in today's NBA if he was able to extend his shooting range, which going by his mid-range game, would not have been problem

Why did he shoot such a low % then? Your perception doesn't match reality. If it takes Hakeem 116 shots and 26 FTA's to score 131 points, then he's performing well below his average. He'd need to be getting 36 ppg just to hit his average efficiency for that season. Rockets won because they outshot the Magic. Both guys were getting open shots for teammates. One guy's team hit and that was the difference.

Did somebody say Hakeem isn't top 15?

Last edited:
Why did he shoot such a low % then? Your perception doesn't match reality. If it takes Hakeem 116 shots and 26 FTA's to score 131 points, then he's performing well below his average. He'd need to be getting 36 ppg just to hit his average efficiency for that season. Rockets won because they outshot the Magic. Both guys were getting open shots for teammates. One guy's team hit and that was the difference.

Did somebody say Hakeem isn't top 15?
U said he was ranked too high by most and kinda threw some shade on him, I was just defending him. Loved him, maybe because he was the star of my first fantasy league team. Either way, the Dream was a balla and a took advantage of his chance to grab 2 rings, but never overrated

U said he was ranked too high by most and kinda threw some shade on him, I was just defending him. Loved him, maybe because he was the star of my first fantasy league team. Either way, the Dream was a balla and a took advantage of his chance to grab 2 rings, but never overrated

I meant to only be talking about people that put him in that nex tier with Shaq, Duncan, etc. 15 is about right.

I heard a stat....Steph just had the highest TS% in finals by a guard ever (minimum 100 attempts), and that's against the #1 D with a guard who was DPOY. MJ had 6 cracks at this record, usually against a team with not great wing D or great shot-blocking, and Steph somehow holds it. That's crazy.

"Led" is a strong word for what happened....and then he lost the finals because the better team couldn't get the ball up the court and had to rely on a young forward to initiate too much of the offense.

289307649_2293853474098168_3648326671570263128_n.jpg

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
He’s not talking about Curry there? Is that a quote from Smart or about Smart? Confusing to me what’s being presented.

I think he's throwing shade at the C's front office, the media, and fans for constantly looking for a "star" PG for Boston when he was there all along. Kyrie and Kemba are just collateral damage, IMO. Or maybe he doesn't like Kyrie and was glad to hit him with the buck shot.

And really, Rozier should be calling out the C's. He was the one they traded for Kemba. They didn't want to pay him and now he's a bargain, and they wouldn't have had to trade for White. They might be champs if you plug in Rozier for White (except it's not certain they get Horford without Kemba's contract to swap).

Reactions: Rifleman

VN Store

Back