Leaving the SEC

Who would be in favor of leaving the SEC and joining a weaker conference so Tennessee could compete again? Think about it...we’d have a chance to win and be happy again. Tennessee will not compete in the SEC for the next 20 years. Hasn’t been to Atlanta in 13 years. Hasn’t won a conference championship in 23 years. I think it’s time to move. Who’s in favor?

Maybe sports aren't for you....

Who would be in favor of leaving the SEC and joining a weaker conference so Tennessee could compete again? Think about it...we’d have a chance to win and be happy again. Tennessee will not compete in the SEC for the next 20 years. Hasn’t been to Atlanta in 13 years. Hasn’t won a conference championship in 23 years. I think it’s time to move. Who’s in favor?
You're obviously a troll so I won't say to you what I really want to say to you.

Yeah let’s throw away a 100+ years of history and tradition just to win a few cupcake games. Sound like a great idea.

tenor.gif

OP, that’s the weakest and possibly the worst suggestion I’ve heard in quite some time.

Are you ****ing crazy?

Dang are you scared of the SEC? Pull up your big boy pants and get better or get your butts handed to you. Gee Whiz what a BS thought.

Dang are you scared of the SEC? Pull up your big boy pants and get better or get your butts handed to you. Gee Whiz what a BS thought.
I’m not scared and neither should you be. You ain’t suiting up to play. Tennessee will get their brains beat out for the next 10 years or more because you know Tennessee is about to hire another Butch Dooley.

Why in the hell would we leave the sec when Missouri is in the sec like the kid who can’t get the clue to leave already?🙄

I’m not scared and neither should you be. You ain’t suiting up to play. Tennessee will get their brains beat out for the next 10 years or more because you know Tennessee is about to hire another Butch Dooley.
Get off your butt and get better! Sounds like a Quitter to me.

Get off your butt and get better! Sounds like a Quitter to me.
😆. You don’t play for Tennessee, you can’t make them better. Tennessee is the new vandy of the conference with the exception of a bigger stadium. If they’re not going to make a splash hire then they will continue to be at the bottom and if so why not go to a conference where they can compete. Tennessee football is dead.

Reactions: SmokeyDog1973
So we get beat by Clemson, Va Tech, NC, Duke, GT most years. No thanks! If we're gonna step down, leave the power 5 altogether

I hate to be "that guy", but we wouldn't have won the weaker conferences the past few years. No, don't leave the SEC.

MUST BE A TROLL!!! NO WAY IN HADES!!!! THAT WOULD BE A SLAP IN GEN NEYLANDS LEGACY!!! WE HELPED BUILD THE SEC!!! MUST BE CRAZY!!

Last edited:
I thought I had heard some crazy ideas on here but this is #1

OP might have been expecting different answers. 😎

Really goofy timing to start this thread just as we had learned about the new AD.

In the words of sensei Johnny Lawerence, you’re softer than a baby’s a$$ if you think that

Never ever would happen , if it did it wouldn't be for the cheap ACC.
The only lateral move where you still get TV money would be the Big ten.
Nobody moves for lesser money.

VN Store

Back