Leaving the SEC

If you weren't satisfied being champions of life...
then beating MTSU to become champions of Conference USA probably isn't gonna take you there either.

Heck. Let's just start our own State of Tennessee Conference. Memphis, Vandy, TennState, MTSU, ETSU, TennTech, UTC, The Mighty Mid-Major Vols ... who am I forgetting?

Every school saves money on travel, the winner hosts the Music City Bowl, 2nd place hosts Liberty Bowl... that'll show the Bamas and Georgias and Floridas and Kentuckys! Who needs 'em?

Who would be in favor of leaving the SEC and joining a weaker conference so Tennessee could compete again? Think about it...we’d have a chance to win and be happy again. Tennessee will not compete in the SEC for the next 20 years. Hasn’t been to Atlanta in 13 years. Hasn’t won a conference championship in 23 years. I think it’s time to move. Who’s in favor?
Do not feed the troll.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
People gonna flame on the OP here but he makes some good points.

Bad hill to die on. People should flame the post, but not the OP. What the OP suggests is that UT should leave the SEC because "it's just too tough to win in the SEC."

That isn't going to sell, or sit well, with anyone who bleeds orange. "Give Up" is not in our vocabulary.

Go Vols.

Who would be in favor of leaving the SEC and joining a weaker conference so Tennessee could compete again? Think about it...we’d have a chance to win and be happy again. Tennessee will not compete in the SEC for the next 20 years. Hasn’t been to Atlanta in 13 years. Hasn’t won a conference championship in 23 years. I think it’s time to move. Who’s in favor?
Based on your criteria Mississippi, MSU, Arkansas, Vandy and Kentucky should all leave the SEC. And really USC too, even though they did go to game 10 years ago but have never won it.

So Alabama probably should have left back in 2007. They were not in the SEC Championship game from 1997-2007. So for 11 years we’re not in it and didn’t win again until 2009. Guess they are glad they stuck around.

What? No! Hell no! You gotta take your lumps just like Kentucky has for years. :p

This is the second most weak and cowardly post i've seen today. Second only to the dude that wants Lane Kiffin back.

All of you that want Tennessee to go to another conference just take yourselves there and pull for another team. Tennessee isn't going anywhere so just quit, SEC forever and we will be SEC Football Champs again. Just quit with the asinine talk and go cheer for another team. Flipdaddy go flip to another team and conference Tennessee doesn't need your type. GBO!!!!!!!!!!!

pussy

How long have you followed UT football?

Bad hill to die on. People should flame the post, but not the OP. What the OP suggests is that UT should leave the SEC because "it's just too tough to win in the SEC."

That isn't going to sell, or sit well, with anyone who bleeds orange. "Give Up" is not in our vocabulary.

Go Vols.

Poor timing on OP considering our hire. Better days are ahead...

Just imagine newly created rivalries in the ACC with North Carolina, Virginia and Va. tech. Along with the excitement of traveling to Death Valley to play Clemson and FSU coming to Neyland stadium.

Would we have to give up our team name the "Volunteers"? Please delete your stupid thread.

Reactions: VolNExile and BDP!
LOL

Just because a girl scored on us, doesn't mean we have to go making silly statements like the OP. It's gonna be alright.

GTFO

VN Store

Back