Leaving the SEC

I vote yes...to the ACC or Big12. But only so I can see them more since they'd play @ Pitt, WVU, UVA, etc.

In reality...no friggin way.

Nah, I don't want to leave the SEC. We're a founding member with multiple conference titles. Now, if you lobbed not playing Bama every year up there, then you might have my ear. In fact, I would be in favor of eliminating the cross-divisional rivalry all together.

We get nothing from playing them other than a more difficult path to a conference championship game, and we lose the opportunity to play other SEC West teams. We used to play Auburn regularly, and that was a good rivalry. Screw Bama, just rotate the West teams every year.

Reactions: Orange12
Clemson would "Alabama" us every year. Miami and Notre Dame(if things work out to keep them around) play the role of Georgia and Florida, for the most part. UNC would pay the role of random other division team we can't seem to beat. Florida State is Auburn most years. We can't beat Kentucky, Vandy, USCe with any consistency any longer, so that's Virgina, NC State, and, let's say BC.

That leaves:

Va. Tech
Pitt
Wake
Ga. Tech
Louisville
Duke
Syracuse

So, According to your well thought out plan, Tennessee is going to abandon history and prestige and revenue sharing, and ANY sense of pride that could come in the future....

All this to be fighting for 7th place in the ACC???

Brilliant.

Thanks for the superior battle plan, General Custer...

OP might have been expecting different answers. 😎

Really goofy timing to start this thread just as we had learned about the new AD.
This was posted before the announcement but if you think an AD hire has cured Tennessee’s stupid coaching hires, you’re fooling yourself

Who would be in favor of leaving the SEC and joining a weaker conference so Tennessee could compete again? Think about it...we’d have a chance to win and be happy again. Tennessee will not compete in the SEC for the next 20 years. Hasn’t been to Atlanta in 13 years. Hasn’t won a conference championship in 23 years. I think it’s time to move. Who’s in favor?
Why don’t we just join division iii? Maybe we could compete again if we played teams full of no-stars

Who would be in favor of leaving the SEC and joining a weaker conference so Tennessee could compete again? Think about it...we’d have a chance to win and be happy again. Tennessee will not compete in the SEC for the next 20 years. Hasn’t been to Atlanta in 13 years. Hasn’t won a conference championship in 23 years. I think it’s time to move. Who’s in favor?

Attachments

• 385.gif
    385.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: Weezer
You appear to be afraid to continue playing in the SEC. we are one of the founding members and it would a disgrace to move anywhere just to play a soft schedule.

36eu9l.jpg

You appear to be afraid to continue playing in the SEC. we are one of the founding members and it would a disgrace to move anywhere just to play a soft schedule.
Me afraid? Y’all kill me saying “you are afraid”. I’m not playing and it has nothing to do with being scared. It has everything to having a competitive football program again. I rather them stay in the sec but you know that Tennessee is football is dead.

Me afraid? Y’all kill me saying “you are afraid”. I’m not playing and it has nothing to do with being scared. It has everything to having a competitive football program again. I rather them stay in the sec but you know that Tennessee is football is dead.
. Down but not dead. We will be back.

Reactions: LittleVol
Would love to go to the ACC with Vandy. It fits our academia attitude of higher ups now. And honestly this conference is ********. It’s 100% geared for Bama

You play soccer?

Sure, let’s throw away that guaranteed money the SEC makes off the TV contract and not to mention the bowl game money they spilt among all the school. Hell A&M and Mizzou have both expanded their stadiums since joining because of that money.

VANDY!

Turn in your Orange

This is the constant whine you can find on Hogville, the Arkansas fan website. They know they can't compete consistently on the SEC level so they have wet dreams about being back in the old SWC where they only had to play one real game a year.

VN Store

Back