Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

More modeling?

I know we can't put the economy on pause. At the same time I see that it comes at a cost in lives and health. Simply put, there is no good path out of this predicament.
Well of course. But the evidence we have in front of us clearly says get the hell out there. We keep this up it will take decades to recover from.

I find it completely hilarious some are pointing fingers at some of us for going out without a mask yet those same people haven't made one single post about Cuomo moving the sick in to nursing homes.
I am pretty anti Trump. It confounds me that people think Cuomo has done a great job when he did that and that it suddenly came to him to clean the subway cars. Can you imagine if Trump had recommended putting sick people in nursing homes? Jesus their heads would explode. But yeah they think Cuomo did good. Stupid stupid stupid.

The Colorado DOH fixed that, not the "right."

This isn’t a “fix”. They are just reporting the number of NHSC-confirmed COVID death certificates.

1) These data only include deaths that occurred on or before 5/9. On 5/9, the state had reported 960 COVID deaths per the COVID tracking project.
2) There can be 10 days to multiple weeks of lag in the time it takes NHSC to receive and process the death certificates. The gap between the 868 and 960 will likely continue closing as more death certificates are processed.

It’s pretty simple folks. If you are worried about Mom, then make sure mom is taking care of mom and you are too, by staying away. You can deliver groceries. You don’t have to see her. Wrecking the economy isn’t worth what many of you want

Exactly. Seems like it wouldn't be that hard to understand.

It’s pretty simple folks. If you are worried about Mom, then make sure mom is taking care of mom and you are too, by staying away. You can deliver groceries. You don’t have to see her. Wrecking the economy isn’t worth what many of you want
Some mom's don't have anyone to take care of them. They have to fend for themselves. I am 100% for opening everything up. I think it's the right thing to do to wear a mask though when you're grocery shopping. If everyone did it would decrease the spread, imo.

Isolate the vulnerable as much as possible, use whatever methods possible to reduce the spread. Get on with life.

I think it's the right thing to do to wear a mask though when you're grocery shopping. If everyone did it would decrease the spread, imo.
What kind of mask? From everything I've read the cloth masks, bandanas, even surgical masks do not prevent the inhalation or exhalation of covid19. The only thing useful is N95 or better. The virus is too small for what everyday people are wearing. It's like calling a chain link fence a mosquito screen.

What kind of mask? From everything I've read the cloth masks, bandanas, even surgical masks do not prevent the inhalation or exhalation of covid19. The only thing useful is N95 or better. The virus is too small for what everyday people are wearing. It's like calling a chain link fence a mosquito screen.
The mask don't 100% stop the virus. It's a more efficient way of sneezing/coughing into the crease of your arm. It just keeps it from going everywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
I read a Reuters story today about the current state of the coronavirus pandemic and one of the paragraphs started "The US continues to lag behind other developed countries in COVID testing." That's not even remotely true. Here are the facts.
1) The US has tested more than any other country.
2) 12 million total tests, more than 5 million more than any other country.
3) Per capita, the US is even with Germany and UK and ahead of Canada, France, South Korea, and 170 other countries.

4) The US conducted 422k tests today, more than 190 countries have done in total.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 4,801,875 Cases and 316,671 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

BTW, what is up with all this testing? Are there that many sick people out there or is everyone paranoid? If not, people must be testing to see if they are asymptomatic. Not like you could not test negative today and be positive tomorrow.

Reactions: Orangeburst
In a vacuum, you would be 100% correct. The problem is that the vast majority of Americans are really just dumb. So unfortunately, we have to set everything to the lowest common denominator to make an impact.

I see this sentiment from a lot of our liberal posters so I have to ask, why do you guys want to make it easier for all of these “dumb” people to vote?

VN Store

Back