Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The WHO gave false info early on and China stalled our attempts to get our CDC to ground zero. I think people forget how things were when this blipped on the radar.

You bring up a great point and I have a smoking gun that Google is a partner with this misinformation:

“Anything that goes against [World Health Organization] recommendations would be a violation of our policy and so removal is another really important part of our policy,” CEO Susan Wojcicki told CNN.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/16/youtube-censors-epidemiologist-knut-wittkowski-for-opposing-lockdown/

This probably deserves a thread of its own but to a large extent Google controls the information we receive. If they admit to taking down anything that goes against the WHO and we see that the WHO is not always right, then they're making it really hard for us to find the truth.

I swear, with the way people mess with them (and knowing the ineffective filtration size of fabric "masks"), I think it's one last-ditch effort to increase viral spread.
@kiddiedoc Really? You think its putting people more at risk than if they went without?

SIAP but I find this interesting.

My sister in vet school has presented thoughts of the efficacy of the masks, being ineffective. But she hasnt said anything about it adding risk. (That's not an argument against, she just literally hasnt said anything about it)

You bring up a great point and I have a smoking gun that Google is a partner with this misinformation: This probably deserves a thread of its own but to a large extent Google controls the information we receive. If they admit to taking down anything that goes against the WHO and we see that the WHO is not always right, then they're making it really hard for us to find the truth.

Here's the trouble with your argument. Google isn't the only internet search engine. And, since Google is a corporation, they have the right to include what they want on their site. The list below doesn't cover the sites with medical info and scholarly journal articles.

Top 12 Best Search Engines in The World

Here's the trouble with your argument. Google isn't the only internet search engine. And, since Google is a corporation, they have the right to include what they want on their site. The list below doesn't cover the sites with medical info and scholarly journal articles.

I said "to a large extent." I understand there are other search engines

Almost 70 percent of the Search Engine market has been acquired by Google. The tech giant is always evolving and looking to improve the search engine algorithm to provide best results to the end-user. Although Google appears to be the biggest search engine, as of 2015 YouTube is now more popular than Google (on desktop computers).

My point still holds

Reactions: FallCreekVols

But Lets be real. What is the percentage of world users for each search program. I understand you can always switch.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

Moreover, Google isn't even a single search engine. At least in the past, there were at least three separate engines with slightly unique search bot parameters which did sync up periodically, but in the interim periods could provide wildly different results. This is a quality control strategy, which allows Google to analyze the discrepancies.

Most people would never notice this because you would be routed to whichever node was last visited, but if you were doing search engine optimization in the past you really had to learn to target all three. You might have a client on the front page of results of one engine, but the engine the client was directed to in their office 1,000 miles away wouldn't be synced yet. They may get what we used to call "the minority report".

Last edited:
@kiddiedoc Really? You think its putting people more at risk than if they went without?

SIAP but I find this interesting.

My sister in vet school has presented thoughts of the efficacy of the masks, being ineffective. But she hasnt said anything about it adding risk. (That's not an argument against, she just literally hasnt said anything about it)
Put on mask.
Touch surface with hands that has a virus on it.
Pull mask down to scratch face.
Breathe in virus sitting on mask all day long.

Yea that’s stupid. Bill Gates isn’t an evil man wanting to kill people. Look in to the logic he used about vaccines. He’s a ruthless business man turned philanthropist. Or, as many here believe; he is risking his vast fortune to kill people. Use logic folks
Are they really philanthropist? I tried to find the article without success, but I read something that cited their foundation along with several other wealthy (including the Clinton's) foundations that indicated they were more tax dodges than actual philanthropic entities. The indication was that these organizations look more like "The Children's Cancer Fund" than the American Cancer Society.

Are they really philanthropist? I tried to find the article without success, but I read something that cited their foundation along with several other wealthy (including the Clinton's) foundations that indicated they were more tax dodges than actual philanthropic entities. The indication was that these organizations look more like "The Children's Cancer Fund" than the American Cancer Society.

More than probable. I would want to believe with Gates that he is a sincere human and does want to try and help. Any time or money spent is what is commendable, even if he siphons off some cash for tax purposes. Seemingly, is trying to do something to help on many levels.

So just saw today where we US has one-third of Covid cases, but we are only 4% of world's population. Why this disparity? Underreporting by places like India and Russia?

Lol. Yeah we are dragging people out of their homes and making them socialize.

Same tired argument not based on fact. One person expressing their freedom, and another person also expressing their freedom doesnt mean the first person is forcing the second into harms way.

If you feel it's appropriate to stay home and isolate, you have the freedom to do that. If you want to go out and live a semi normal life, you should have the freedom to do that. If you want to live a normal life sans the people staying home you should have the freedom to do that.

Everyone has the same 6 foot bubble. It takes two for there to be some overlap. And there hasnt been a rash of unsolicited huggers going after randos on the street corner.

Your fear is unwarranted. The control you wish to seek is morally, ethically, and Constitutionally wrong.

Google has 70% of the market according to Purple's source. Then there's the reach of Youtube who is owned by Google. That's a tremendous amount of "control".

So what? Media has been bought up by big companies since the 1980s. Gannett publishes more newpapers than anyone else in the country. Walt Disney and Sinclair each own 200 television stations. Iheart and Cumulus own over 1200 radio stations.

VN Store

Back