Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Been in the office for almost an hour now and still alive.

10 weeks since I've been here. Strange

Congrats on your continued existence. However, this virus is predatory. Unstoppable. It is only a matter of time before you expire. Been real nice knowing you. Preemptive RIP.

Dude, it's Trumps fault. Cuomo is just taking his ques from Dear Leader.
I forgot.
Is this better?... I cannot believe DJT refused to send the hospital ship to NY. If only he'd done that Cuomo could have put those elderly infected folks on that ship instead of in assisted living facilities. Damn Trump. He is the most corrupt, ignorant, and evil leader ever to hold office.

The closet thing we have to shed light on this is excess death data. We can ask how many more people are dying that have typically died this time of year.

For example, that is what made me suspicious about Colorado. And then found the description on their weBsite that explained things. I’ll post those plots below.

From the excess death analysis, I’m not seeing anything that would suggest COVID deaths are way over-reported.

However, some important caveats
1) Data lag requires any data within last few weeks to be corrected and that correction has error (the CO plots below aren’t corrected for lag, that’s why the reported deaths get so much closer to excess deaths in the last week)
2) Fewer people are dying because they aren’t driving, performing strenuous activity, and even homicide - so excess deaths could be underestimating new deaths
3) however, people aren’t seeking treatment for certain conditions and this might be fatal and these would be excess deaths that aren’t COVID related.

For Colorado:
View attachment 280083View attachment 280082
Here is national analysis I did back a weeks or so ago...I need to clean it up.....but it shows COVID-associated deaths are tracking well with excess deaths (with excess deaths exceeding them so far - and that is what you want to see)

View attachment 280084
I thought there was a lag by the CDC? These charts are saying that the CDC leads the states?

I forgot.
Is this better?... I cannot believe DJT refused to send the hospital ship to NY. If only he'd done that Cuomo could have put those elderly infected folks on that ship instead of in assisted living facilities. Damn Trump. He is the most corrupt, ignorant, and evil leader ever to hold office.

Now you're using your noggin.

Never let yourself be worth more dead than alive. Don't give them an incentive to pull the plug.

I used to ride a motorcycle. Before I was allowed to get it, McRib made it conditional on me having life insurance.

Hard to believe California is the looney bin it is

Did you read the linked article? There is a reason this facility is not being funded. Sounds like Newsom knows more about it than you:

“The Veterans Home of California Master Plan 2020 detailed that Barstow does not meet the criteria for an ideal veterans home location,” Imbasciani wrote. “The area does not have a large veteran population and the Home routinely has critical vacancies; the home is 90 minutes away from the nearest VA medical center; and among other issues, the lack of local nursing programs or a sizeable workforce makes it difficult to recruit for many positions.”

Reactions: Purple Tiger
So...she'll be single and wealthy???

I'd be happy to check in on her and the kids for ya.
I'll be a mean ghost
Never let yourself be worth more dead than alive. Don't give them an incentive to pull the plug.
Guess it just depends on how long she wants to put up with me. My break even is probably 7 yrs so I can hold out

Reactions: Wireless1 and McDad
... and in order to know who the asymptomatic carriers of the Coronavirus are, in order to isolate them from the high-risk members of society, we need mass testing. Without this mass testing, more people will contract the Coronavirus, who are at risk of becoming seriously ill from it.

We were/are isolating everyone already.

I thought there was a lag by the CDC? These charts are saying that the CDC leads the states?

There is a lag - but that just means in time. The death certificate data is slow to post. So that means the CDC number will keep growing for several weeks.

That doesn’t mean it will always be less than the state reported number. And looking back at cumulative data CDC numbers may be larger than state reported data because many states were not or are not publicly announcing presumed COVID deaths where there wasn’t a positive CV test. However if there was clinical confirmation on the death certificate then CDC counts that as a CV death. So the CDC number has up to now actually exceeded the state reported number. But many states have pivoted on that and are going back and counting these older presumed and non-reported cases. I believe that’s one reason you don’t see deaths dropping more than they are. But that is where the CDC is most helpful because they will ascribe them to the week they occurred. The downside is that the lag means you have to wait for this report to fully make sense.

There is a lag - but that just means in time. The death certificate data is slow to post. So that means the CDC number will keep growing for several weeks.

That doesn’t mean it will always be less than the state reported number. And looking back at cumulative data CDC numbers may be larger than state reported data because many states were not or are not publicly announcing presumed COVID deaths where there wasn’t a positive CV test. However if there was clinical confirmation on the death certificate then CDC counts that as a CV death. So the CDC number has up to now actually exceeded the state reported number. But many states have pivoted on that and are going back and counting these older presumed and non-reported cases. I believe that’s one reason you don’t see deaths dropping more than they are. But that is where the CDC is most helpful because they will ascribe them to the week they occurred. The downside is that the lag means you have to wait for this report to fully make sense.

Thank you for providing some helpful clarification on that point.

Reactions: TennTradition

VN Store

Back